Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

Zoom meeting: https://zoom.us/j/479171127
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+39 020 066 7245 Italy
Meeting ID: 479 171 127

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of Zoom failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: https://zoom.us/j/479171127

Date: 2020-03-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony Julian
Jean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso







xKathleen Connor

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-16 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. NIB items - name changes and updated items
    2. TSC DMP Addendum
    3. WG Merge Request and Name Change Request from the EST WG of the Administrative SD
    4. Question from Agile Standards Task Force on V3 normative editions
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for Vital Signs at Project Insight 1541
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern, Release 2 at Project Insight 1512
    2. Recirculation Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 
    3. Recirculation Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Early Hearing Detection and Intervention (EHDI) Results, Release 1
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Security WG NIBs 
    2. Project Approval Request by the Cross-Group Projects WG of the Organizational Support SD for Marketplace Product Packaging and Metadata at Project Insight 1608
      1. Joint publication agreement update
    3. UTG Update
    4. Agile Standards Task Force update
    5. Continuity of leadership 
    6. Best practices for ballot review in large organizations
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Continuity, training, and succession planning (from 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes)
    3. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    5. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Lynn here for NIBs
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-16 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Approved via general consent
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. NIB items - name changes and updated items
      1. Line 7: 
        1. MOTION to approve the NIB going to ballot with the original title: Lorraine/Paul
        2. VOTE: All in favor
      2. Line 15:
        1. Rob felt the requested name was too broad. 
          1. MOTION to reject the requested name change and approve going to ballot with the original name: Rob/Wayne
          2. Discussion: Reviewed PSS. The PSS does not mention interoperability.
          3. VOTE: Lorraine, Giorgio, and Virginia abstain. Remaining in favor.
            1. Add topic of name change approval process to upcoming agenda
      3. MOTION to approve 13 and 21 to go to ballot: Lorraine/Rob
      4. VOTE: All in favor
    2. TSC DMP Addendum
      1. Reviewed revised document. Discussion over TSC Exec and its role. Rob states we need to formalize it. Melva suggests defining it in the GOM. Suggestion to just change it to TSC chair.
        1. Decision to withdraw this version. Will submit new version to this week's e-vote.
    3. WG Merge Request and Name Change Request from the EST WG of the Administrative SD
      1. MOTION to approve the merge: Sandy/Melva
      2. VOTE: All in favor
    4. Question from Agile Standards Task Force on V3 normative editions
      1. Older versions would be marked as retired but remain available for people to access. Giorgio asks what is happening for people using V3 in a previous edition; will they have any possible issue related to the retirement. Clarification that there will still be access despite being marked as retired. Paul: It would only be an issue if jurisdictions have a policy that standards must be active. Austin: This is about the packaging of older versions of the normative edition. Virginia supports retiring them and responding to any pushback. Lorraine suggests that this should go to international council. Will have to discuss communication.
        1. MOTION to retire all but the most recent version of the package: Wayne/Paul
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Security WG NIBs 
      1. Security thought they submitted two NIBs but there is no evidence in the system that the draft NIBs were submitted. The draft ballot announcement was not sent out for review. Discussion over doing an out of cycle ballot for these items or shortening the announcement period to 3 weeks since these are STUs. THen they would open a week late. 
        1. MOTION to allow a 3 week announcement period which allows them to open a week late: Melva/Sandy
        2. Discussion: Rob suggests shortening it to two weeks so it's running the same time as the other ballots.
        3. AMENDED MOTION to allow a two week announcement period and have them ballot at the same time as the others: Melva/Sandy
        4. VOTE: All in favor
  4. Carry forward:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Cross-Group Projects WG of the Organizational Support SD for Marketplace Product Packaging and Metadata at Project Insight 1608
      1. Joint publication agreement update
    2. UTG Update
    3. Agile Standards Task Force update
    4. Continuity of leadership 
    5. Best practices for ballot review in large organizations
  5. Adjourned at 11:58 am Eastern