Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url:



3:30PM EST (UTC-5).  Quorum  as of 3:36 PM EDT.  Call completed at 5:02PM EST



None received

Planned Agenda Topics and Notes

  1. Roll call and Agenda check (Chair)
    September ballot to withdraw CTS2 - confirm timing?  
    Motion to have this withdrawn in the September ballot by Rob McClure, second by Carol Macumber seconds.   Vote:  7/0/0, carries unanimously.
    Carol suggests that Carmela has the background and done the research to do this; she will assist if necessary.

  2. Announcements (all)
    •   No special announcements.

  3. Sydney WGM Minutes approval (pending from last call)
    1. All attendees of the Sydney WGM should check the minutes 
    2. Monday Q4 Minutes
    3. Tuesday Q1 Minutes
    4. Tuesday Q2 Minutes
    5. Tuesday Q3 Minutes
    6. Tuesday Q4 Minutes
    7. Wednesday Q1 Minutes
    8. Wednesday Q2 Minutes
    9. Wednesday BOF Minutes
    10. Wednesday Q3 Minutes
    11. Thursday Q1 Minutes
    12. Thursday Q2 Minutes
    13. Thursday Q3 Minutes
    14. Thursday Q4 Minutes
    15. Friday Q1 Minutes
    16. Friday Q2 Minutes
    17. Friday Q3 Minutes

      Rob McClure moves to accept the Sydney WGM Vocab WG minutes, second by Ioana seconds.  Vote:  6/0/1, motion carries quirk now abstention.

  4. Action Items Check  (Chair)
    1. We acknowledge that we need to take care of the items on this list. Rob asks that co-chairs especially review their action items and resolve or update
    2. Attendees and especially chairs are again urged to finish and check off their action items.
  5. San Antonio WGM Agenda Planning (Chair)
    Can be found here.  
    1. It must be noted that there is a possibility that the meeting may be cancelled; if it is we will need some backup plan for the work
    2. United tickets purchased in March (post-March 2) will not incur a change fee if changed due to the virus 
    3. Email is coming from HQ saying the WGM is still on, but if there is a need to cancel then HQ will do so and issue refunds if they have cancelled it.
      1. No refunds for personal cancellations after May 2

  6. UTG Update (Carol/Jess/Ted)
    1. Discussion/Decision items
      1. The plan is STILL to:
        1. Do the final import from the source (coremif for V3, database for V2, FHIR current build code system externals tab for FHIR) NEXT WEEK
        2. Do the final cleanup after the last import end of next week, beginning of following
        3. Do the Initial Publication Release of UTG content April 1 or a shortly afterwards as we can beat the tooling into getting it done
        4. Launch the Live Pilot April 13
        5. Complete pilot in 1-2 weeks maximum
        6. Go over where we are with TSC and CTO, and seek Go-Live decision
        7. Announce Go-Live to membership and "turn it on" expect early to mid-May
    2. Status
      1. All information is posted on the  UTG confluence pages.

    3. Immediate Priorities
      1. Working through dependencies for Release 1 of UTG Content, see the first two tables in UTG Project Tasks for tasks that need to be done prior to publishing Release 1

      2. Pilot prep - gathering list of proposals/submitters for Pilot
        1. For Pilot test change proposals for the HL7 Terminology source of truth, we only want those proposals that have been endorsed explicitly and deliberately by the sponsoring WGs
        2. Vocab Co-chairs have been given reviewer permissions on Jira and are also in the Vocab OSG voting group (requirement for approval)
      3. Verbiage for rendered pages needs updated prior to the Pilot
    4. Recent Progress
      1. Created and Populated several Property Types
      2. Removed extensions no longer being used (using existing Concept Properties instead)
      3. Various content cleanup tasks (fixed incorrectly populated fields)
      4. Lloyd is implementing 3 new extensions that are required, Ted is helping with various bits
      5. Content Testing is complete (huge thanks to those who volunteered!)
        1. Testers reviewed a handful of assigned vocabulary objects from different HL7 product families for accuracy, completeness and usefulness
        2. Testing report posted: see bottom of Participating in UTG Content Testing
          1. Summarizes testing approach, requirements, and results (issues found) 
          2. All issues have been reviewed, prioritized, and added to the plan
          3. Critical issues to be fixed before publishing Release 1 on April 1 (need to confirm date with Grahame)
      6. Making progress on allowing submission of "Open Issues" in the UTG Jira project
      7. Also working on process to bypass Consensus Review for certain types of proposals 
    5. Support needed from Vocab

      1. Pilot participants - Jess reaching out to Rob M, Rob H, and Sheila about NIBs

      2. Verbiage for rendered content pages. NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR THIS TOPIC (Rob M. suggests something stronger than volunteering) -

  7. Clarify purpose and use of NamingSystem
    From last call (out of time last call)
    1. UTG uses naming system to represent what were 'stubs' in the V3 coremif (code systems with identifiers and descriptions but no coded content)
    2. UTG uses namingSystem for represent identified references in the v2 Standard for external vocaubularies for tables but no enumerated content (and often no permission to republish such content)
    3. NamingSystem is basically a tool to identify a vocabulary artifact (CodeSystem or ValueSet primarily) where you are not in control of the content of the artifact.  FHIR NamingSystem documentation can be found HERE.
    4. Folks are increasingly unhappy with how UTG is using NamingSystem, and feel strongly we need to revisit the decision (rather than using empty code system resources as stubs for coremif entries).

  8. Sean M on question about how to reference value sets in an IG - included within the IG build or external?
    1. Tabled, out of time.   Next call

  9. FHIR Tracker Items (Rob Hausam)
    1. Carmela and Rob H. reviewed open JIRAs related to the CodeSystem resource and have 4 open tickets identified as ready to vote. 
    2. Tabled, out of time.   Next call

  10. Standarduzed Terminology Knoweldge Base PSS (Carol/ Ioana Singureanu)
    1. Updated per feedback at Sydney WGM
    2. Vocabulary WG members are asked to take a look at the PSS and think about this approach and what is intended to come out of it
    3. Tabled, out of time.   Next call will have more discussion.   We hope to do a ballot in January, which is closer than you think!

  11. Gender Harmony Project Update (Carol/Rob M) 
    Tabled, out of time.   Next call

  12. Liaison Reports   
    1. ISO (Ted) - Next ISO TC 215 meeting March/April in Washington DC (Arlington) - however just today the face-to-face portion was cancelled, it will be virtual only.  Zoom will be used, credentials and times distributed to registrants.  Fall 2020 meeting tentatively scheduled to be in India.

    2. LOINC (Ted/Rob H) - LOINC meeting on March 24-26 in Indianapolis ws cancelled.It has been replaced with a special COVID-19 focussed three hour remote session to be held on Thursday March 26.  See the website for details and to register. 

    3. HTA (Carol/Reuben) -

    4. SNOMED (Rob H/Reuben/Peter) - the temporary codes we put in for the interim March SNOMED international release to support documentation needs around COVID-19 will become part of the next release and based on the July release.   These are in there as of March 9. Note that there came a bit too later for the US Edition, but the NLM may do an interim release.  These are available on the FHIR terminology server. 

      Liaison reports tabled, we are out of time.

  13. New Business
    1. No new business

  14. Next call items
    1. See tabled items above.

The NamingSystem discussion ran over, and the call was ended and adjourned at 5:05PM EDT.  Next call scheduled for Thursday April 2, 2020 at 3:30PM Eastern US Time.   Same call and screen share credentials.Action items