35. Has the Work Group posted its consideration of all comments received in its reconciliation document on the ballot desktop?
36. Substantive Changes Since Last Ballot?
37. Product Brief Reviewed By
Payer/Provider Information Exchange Work Group
38. Date Product Brief Reviewed
Apr 14, 2020
39. Has the Product Brief changed?
Care ProvisionClinical QualityAttachmentsPatient CarePatient Referral
43. Please Describe the Topic
Value Based Care
44. Product Type
45. Parent standard
46. Parent Standard Status
47. Update/replace standard
48. Common name/search keyword
Cross Paradigm Storyboard Payer Perspective Value Based Care; Cross Paradigm Storyboard
This HL7 Cross-Paradigm Storyboard Artifact establishes a realistic life situation that demonstrates healthcare information interoperability issues that are important from a Payers’ perspective and the shift toward value-based care.
The storyboard artifact is applicable across all standards paradigms. It describes a realistic care scenario which includes issues that are important to payer stakeholders within the healthcare information technology (HIT) ecosystem.
These are categories of potential users, implementers, or other interested parties such as those that are indicated on the Project Scope Statement under “Stakeholders/Vendors/Providers”. Select those that are applicable, or suggest others:
Standards Development Organizations (SDOs), Payors
EHR, PHR, Health Care IT
- Establishes a care scenario does not change regardless what standard paradigm is used to enable interoperability.
- Enables standards development and implementations to focus efforts, align information exchange to accomplish the needs presented in the storyboard, independent of the standards paradigm.
- Exposes operational issues that exist in the “real world” where multiple standards paradigms are utilized together.
• Creates a context to aid communication about information exchange and interoperability challenges and requirements that are relevant to Payers.
• Contributes an “demonstration environment” where potential solutions can be considered and compared. It provides enough specifics to help stakeholders visualize and conceptualize the practical implications of proposed technological solutions.