Date

 

Chair
StatusComplete
Comments

Dial-in Number

  • One tap mobile
    +13126266799,,3231998494# US (Chicago)
    +13462487799,,3231998494# US (Houston)
  • Dial by your location
    +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
    +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
    +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
    +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
    +1 253 215 8782 US
    +1 301 715 8592 US
    Meeting ID: 323 199 8494
    Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/aLIcTlITh

Web session

Attendees

NameOrganization
John Hatem (Chair)Independent Consultant
Danielle Bancroft (Scribe)Best Practice Software
Scott RobertsonKaiser Permanente
Corey SpearsMitre
Peter SergentHL7 New Zealand
Darrell Woelkdarrell@greenroomtx.com
Frank McKinneyPOCP
Katie Russell
Margaret Weiker NCPDP
Phung MatthewsPOCP
Pooja Babbrah
Shelly Spiro

Pharmacy HIT Collaborative

shelly@pharmacyhit.org

Tim McNeilSurescript
David HillMitre




Agenda Items and Notes

Meeting Notes from previous meeting

Project Review

Project Proposals

Project Scope Statements

September WGM Agenda 

  •  -

Discussion of MedicationKnowledge and possible issues for CDS

  • Jean working on getting Francois and Bryn's requirements incorporated - hope to have it in by the end of week
  • may need to include insurance plan in the MedKnowledge - to be able to specify what drugs are covered under a specific plan - need to come back to this discussion

Catalog Updates (John Hatem)

  •  - Meeting on Friday, August 27 discussed approach to support Insurance Plan and additional attributes without using Extensions.  Plan is to review the approach and discuss on today's Pharmacy call

Workflow Update (John Hatem) 

  • -  Meeting on August 30 - no Pharmacy specific issues. 

Healthcare Product Update (John Hatem)

  • -  Meeting on August 30 - working on Device and Device Def trackers.  No Pharmacy specific issues discussed. 

NCPDP Updates (NCPDP Members)

NCPDP Task Group working on Patient Consent - for specialty prescribing -  Frank McKinney

  • Add a consent profile and capability statement to the existing IG and some guidance. 
  • This will add scope and will require a ballot 
  • Aiming to bring through the NCPDP ballot in Jan and a HL7 ballot in May
  • Bi-weekly taskforce calls through NCPDP
    • Looking to expand to include HL7 members 
  • Meeting information and links will be published including call details

Standardized Medication Profile - Standardized Medication Profile Jean Duteau

MTM - create FHIR IG Scott M. Robertson

  • As this is not being updated till 2023 this item will be removed moving forward.
  • Darrell Woelk looking for a contact to discuss Pharmacy eCare Plan and MCC eCare plan in more detail (Shelly's details to be provided) 

RealTime Pharmacy Benefit Check for Consumers (Tim McNeil/Frank McKinney)

  • met today
  • need to determine if this was mentioned in regulation
  • testing in January 2022 Connectathon

Consultant Pharmacist Task Force

  • proposal out for review
  • next step will be PSS

Global Supply Chain Project (Scott)

  • Scott emailed Jose, has not received an udpate.
  • No current calls or updates available.

Medication List Guidance project

  • targeting September 13th for discussion

PDex Formulary

  • Request for time at WG meeting
  • Da Vinci Formulary STU-1.1.0-Update
  • Proposed Formulary Structure presented (powerpoint to follow)
  • Co-chairs to send out update email to stakeholders, Zulip, Pharmacy List - give them a 2 week review period - add comments to Jira trackers - add grouping to the specific issues
  • ONO is looking at creating catalogs for formulary.
    • Instead of a 1:1 relationship Formulary to Drug, it proposes a Catalog or group of drugs. 
    • Drug is 1:1 for insurance plan 
    • Future (R5) could include a CatalogHeader that points to a topic (eg. Insurance Plan) with the CatalogHeader related to a Group. This approach is under discussion
  • Considering use of basic (extensions can remain largely the same) then be updated for R5
  • Upcoming Connectathon will be key. Testing planned later this year before ballot. 

FHIR (Group)

Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers 

Any Other Business

  • specifying "Port" by name in MedicationRequest - Zulip - https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/294552-Patient-Care.20WG/topic/Tracking.20drains.2C.20catheters.2C.20etc.2E - no discussion
    • When ordering a med admin, the order MAY occasionally specify the port by name (e.g. proximal port) -- but this seemed to PC as a potential gap in MedicationRequest since we couldn't locate a Device reference (need Pharmacy @Melva Peters to weigh in). In many cases, the MedRequest doesn't need to specify the port due to policy or clinical knowledge about where to administer (e.g. TPN)
    • For MedAdmin documentation, there is a MedicationAdministration.device, dosage.site, and/or bodySite (BodyStructure) extension available.
  • John proposes building out the model as a core extension initially. If we get feedback to add it to the core resource, but until then provide it as an extension
  • John to create a new tracker item 

Next meeting

  • September 13, 2021 - 4pm Eastern