Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-03-16
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClure
Riki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso









Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-09 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Clean NIB items
    2. IG Verbiage from HTA
    3. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Data Exchange for Quality Measures FHIR IG at Project Insight 1429
    4. Project Approval Request by the Cross-Group Projects WG of the Organizational Support SD for Marketplace Product Packaging and Metadata at Project Insight 1608
    5. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Medication List at Project Insight 1609
    6. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Specialty Medication Prescribing at Project Insight 1573
    7. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Skin and Wound Assessment at Project Insight 1584
    8. Project Approval Request by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for Application Data Exchange Assessment Framework and Functional Requirements for Mobile Health at Project Insight 1599
    9. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for  HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1125
    10. STU Publication Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Minimal Oncology Data Elements (mCODE) at Project Insight 1509
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. NIB items - name changes
    2. TSC DMP Addendum
    3. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for Vital Signs at Project Insight 1541
    4. WG Merge Request and Name Change Request from the EST WG of the Administrative SD
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. DMP Addendum
    2. Possibility of a virtual WGM
    3. JIRA Update
    4. Succession Planning
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Continuity, training, and succession planning (from 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes)
    3. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    5. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-09 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
    4. Wayne notes that Melva has joined HL7 as a senior advisor on the HL7 management team. 
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Proposed Update to the PSS - Realm, Realm-Transferable, Universal from the ARB
      1. MOTION to accept Ron's suggestion to change the word "permitting" to facilitating: Lorraine/Paul
      2. VOTE: All in favor
        • Anne Wizauerto notify Project Services and Josh to update the PSS form with this language
        • Anne Wizauer to set up a page within the TSC page for agreements with other organizations
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Clean NIB items
    2. IG Verbiage from HTA
    3. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Data Exchange for Quality Measures FHIR IG at Project Insight 1429
    4. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Medication List at Project Insight 1609
    5. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Specialty Medication Prescribing at Project Insight 1573
    6. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Skin and Wound Assessment at Project Insight 1584
    7. Project Approval Request by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for Application Data Exchange Assessment Framework and Functional Requirements for Mobile Health at Project Insight 1599
    8. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for  HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1125
    9. STU Publication Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Minimal Oncology Data Elements (mCODE) at Project Insight 1509
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. NIB items - name changes
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. DMP Addendum
      1. Reviewed Melva's updates. TSC Leadership needs to be defined. Should be TSC Executive Committee instead of leadership. Remove Monday from d and say "TSC exec will place deferred items on an upcoming agenda." Suggestions to remove Friday from f.
    2. Possibility of a virtual WGM
      1. It's a possibility that we'll have to cancel the in person WGM. Need to discuss how a virtual WGM might work.
      2. Jean notes that they've done the implementationathon virtually over half days. May have to stretch things out longer than a week. International participation will be complicated.
      3. David notes that if he's not on site somewhere, he'll get pulled into work things.
      4. Rob thinks we should communicate that the expectation is people will be attentive and available, and use video.
      5. Wayne: We're considering using more controlled meeting guidelines such as using the raising hands feature. 
      6. Sandy: Facilitation of the event will be key. 
        • Anne Wizauerto set up a confluence page to collect thoughts and ideas on virtual WGM
      7. MK: It takes at least 3 people to run the call when you do it this way. Cochairs will require training. Need to be cognizant of starting and stopping at the right times.
      8. Lorraine: Joint meetings will be a challenge. The governance things that happen Q0, etc. may go by the wayside. MK notes we could extend the time period we're doing this over instead of just a week.
      9. Will have to re-open scheduling and train people on Zoom
      10. Discussion over charging for the meeting. The EC will be discussing today. 
      11. MK voices concerns about having virtual become the way we do things instead of our face to face meetings. Lorraine: Should we just outright cancel? David agrees. Trying to set this up virtually hampers things. Virtual meeting doesn't have the same value. Austin: Our messaging will need to be carefully phrased, highlighting some of the things that will be lacking and that this is a temporary measure for an emergency situation.
      12. Virginia: A remote access to meetings would be a nice thing for people who can't come. In addition, some people's day jobs are being very affected by the outbreak. Cancelling would honor what people are going through with the disruptions. People could schedule extra conference calls if they need to. Lorraine: We will still have to consider people scheduling the joint meetings via conference call.
      13. Rob: What if we pushed the ballots one cycle forward? Paul notes reconciliation may need to be extended.
      14. Sandy: We could do the birds of a feather type things as webinars if we cancel.
    3. Carry forward:
      1. JIRA Update
      2. Succession Planning
  7. Adjourned at 11:58 am Eastern