Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-03-09
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexCalvin Beebe

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



x

Lynn Laakso









Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-02 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0:
    1. Project Approval Request by the PPIE WG of the Administrative SD for Dental CCD Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1553
    2. Normative Notification by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for Clinical Quality Expression Language at Project Insight 1108
    3. Normative Notification by the Structured Documents WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Implementation Guide(s) for CDA® Release 2 & FHIR® Release 4: Healthcare Associated Infection Reports at Project Insight 1192
    4. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Reportability Response, Release 1 STU Release 1.0- US Realm at Project Insight 1216 for two years
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Clean NIB items
    2. IG Verbiage from HTA
    3. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Data Exchange for Quality Measures FHIR IG at Project Insight 1429
    4. Project Approval Request by the Cross-Group Projects WG of the Organizational Support SD for Marketplace Product Packaging and Metadata at Project Insight 1608
    5. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Medication List at Project Insight 1609
    6. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Specialty Medication Prescribing at Project Insight 1573
    7. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Skin and Wound Assessment at Project Insight 1584
    8. Project Approval Request by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for Application Data Exchange Assessment Framework and Functional Requirements for Mobile Health at Project Insight 1599
    9. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for  HL7 FHIR® Profile: Quality, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1125
    10. STU Publication Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Minimal Oncology Data Elements (mCODE) at Project Insight 1509
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Definition of Realm, Realm-Transferable, and Universal Projects from ARB 
    2. Implementer role
    3. TSC DMP - modifying the generic DMP for TSC use
      1. Most recent TSC DMP
      2. TSC DMP Addendum - draft that was never approved
    4. NIB Approval List
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Rob's motion on external code system licenses (need HTA participation on the conference call)
    3. Review TSC Decision Making Practices
    4. Continuity, training, and succession planning (from 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes)
    5. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    6. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    7. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Lynn here for NIBs
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-03-02 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
    4. Austin notes that the executive committee is looking at options for May due to current and potential travel restrictions. Walter states that it is more likely than not that we will cancel the May in-person meeting. San Antonio has already declared a public health emergency. Melva reports that international attendees will likely not have options for travel insurance. Wayne states that the current decision date is sometime in April.
  2. Discussion topics:
    1. Definition of Realm, Realm-Transferable, and Universal Projects from ARB 
      1. Reviewed wording from ARB for single realm, realm-transferable, and universal.
      2. Wayne: In order to be universal you need direct participation from other countries. The original intention of universal candidate was that, even though there might not be participation, we think this is universally applicable.
      3. Discussion over first sentence.
        • Anne Wizauerto add realm transferable language update to TSC e-vote
    2. Implementer role
      1. Reviewed Dave Shaver's presentation with language on software developers (vendors) and integrators of the vendors' implementation. 
      2. One role on the TSC might be the easily identified liaison to those people who participate in the FHIR chat. Another might represent the business side.
      3. Tony departs
      4. We're looking for someone familiar and engaged with the community, and is prepared to act as a liaison between the TSC and that community. Wayne: They would be a named representative who would be the point of contact and bring forth issues. MK: We have thousands of conversations going on in the Zulip streams; we have lots of people answering lots of questions that don't necessarily answer them the way a WG would. If we had someone with a direct line to that who could nip some of that in the bud and point people in a particular direction, that would be good. Paul suggests we have a member type of implementer so they can self identify.
      5. Reviewed Virginia's document.
      6. Discussion over how the role would operate. Jean warns against giving them the responsibility to canvas the community. Wayne: They should make themselves known to and visible in the implementation community.
    3. TSC DMP - modifying the generic DMP for TSC use
      1. Most recent TSC DMP
      2. TSC DMP Addendum - draft that was never approved
        1. We started a DMP addendum but didn't finish it.
        2. Austin asks for volunteers to work on finalizing the draft. Melva, Riki, and Sandy volunteers
    4. NIB Approval List
  3. Adjourned at 11:50 am Eastern