Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-02-24
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine Constable
Giorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote



xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote













Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of:
      1. 2020-01-27 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-02-03 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      4. 2020-02-06 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      5. 2020-02-17 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Reminder: 90 minute call will be next week, 3/2
    5. Cochair webinar will be 2/27
  2. Review action items
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Revised steps for establishing a product family from SGB
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0:
    1. Updated STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Vital Records Death Reporting V2.6 R1 STU2 at Project Insight 1208 for 2 years
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Continued discussion: Develop definition of Errata,Technical Correction 
    2. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase
    3. Motion from US Realm:
      1. The USRSC requests the TSC to reject any US Realm FHIR or CDA PSS that has not included the necessary language around the reuse of US Core or C-CDA templates: Austin/Rob
        1. Language referenced above: This FHIR implementation guide will use the US Core profiles. If this FHIR implementation guide is unable to use a US Core profile we will request approval from US Realm SC, and provide the US Realm approved rationale for deviation in the implementation guide where applicable
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Rob's motion on external code system licenses (need HTA participation on the conference call)
    3. Review TSC Decision Making Practices
    4. Continuity, training, and succession planning (from 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes)
    5. Review TSC responsibilities in the GOM (retreat topic) from 2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    6. Determine how we're going to implement steps to handle errata/technical corrections (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)
    7. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase: Revisit after experience with project concept process (2020-02-24 TSC Agenda/Minutes)

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. No visitors
    2. Agenda review and approval 
      1. Will discuss topics for 90 minute call
    3. Approve Minutes of:
      1. 2020-01-27 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-02-03 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      4. 2020-02-06 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      5. 2020-02-17 TSC Agenda/Minutes
        1. Approved via general consent
    4. Reminder: 90 minute call will be next week, 3/2
      1. Will discuss Rob's terminology motion if HTA has provided feedback by then. Also universal candidate designation and scope changes for PSSs/open PSS concept.
    5. Cochair webinar will be 2/27
      1. Some is a repeat of the WGM cochair dinner but some additions have been made as well.
  2. Review action items
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Revised steps for establishing a product family from SGB
      1. There is no formal process currently for establishing product lines. This covers product families only. Product lines may cross product families.
      2. Wayne suggests people aren't sure what product lines really are. 
      3. Rob asks how this affects naming. Wayne: If we think it's important going forward to modify our naming conventions around product families, we should add that to our parking lot.
      4. MK notes that product line is clearly defined in the BAM; we could bring forward that definition to this page.
        1. From the BAM: 
          1. Producer Perspective: “A Product Family is a collection of products that share common elements, methodologies, and tools as viewed from a design perspective."
          2. Consumer Perspective: “A Standards Product line is a set of specifications that share a common, managed set of capabilities satisfying the specified needs of a particular market segment and that are developed from a common set of core resources in a prescribed way."
      5. Rob: For us, this is about if you want to define a standard that is a new type of product that has its own unique methodology. Wayne notes that one we've considered standing up as a product family but haven't yet is CIMI. 
      6. This is intended to give TSC a guideline for how to stand up a product family.
        1. MOTION to approve: Wayne/Tony
        2. VOTE: All in favor (7-0-0)
        3. Discussion over adding to the GOM. Perhaps could be added to the TSC responsibilities section in 09.01 of the GOM. Should be linked from co-chair handbook.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Continued discussion: Develop definition of Errata,Technical Correction 
      1. The topic was how to make changes to an Informative document. Currently it's either technical correction or re-balloting. Would be good to have something lighter like the STU update process. Could do a limited scope ballot.
      2. Wayne: Should go back and review the definition of informative documents. It is too broad currently. If we clarify it the update process may become more clear. 
        1. MOTION that we approve the definitions and descriptions without the text regarding Informative updates: Lorraine/Rob
        2. Melva: This whole section is mixing things up. Made clarifying edits. Lorraine and Rob accept the changes made.
        3. Virginia asks where this guidance will live. TSC Guidance page and Co-Chair Handbook are a good place to start. May end up in the GOM.
        4. VOTE: All in favor (7-0-0)
    2. Cross-Group Projects Scope Increase
      1. SOA does a lot of work with OMG and there was discussion in Sydney about how groups bring in external projects. Cross-Group Projects may be a place for project teams from external agencies to come with their projects to do an initial triage.
      2. Wayne: How does this coordinate with the work HQ does with external organizations? Jean: This would be the place where project teams that don't know where to go from a WG perspective would come to discuss. Melva: There should be cochairs from each steering division then so it's fully covered. Lorraine: This is really a TSC thing - do we really want to push it all the way down to CGP?
      3. Austin: They're not automatically taking on these projects; they want to use their role as liaisons with the WGs to find an appropriate home. Maybe it should include reaching out to the steering divisions as well. 
      4. There is overlap in  function between this and what the TSC is doing with the project concept form. 
      5. Decision to table this for now until we have experience with the new processes.
    3. Motion from US Realm:
      1. The USRSC requests the TSC to reject any US Realm FHIR or CDA PSS that has not included the necessary language around the reuse of US Core or C-CDA templates: Austin/Rob
        1. Language referenced above: This FHIR implementation guide will use the US Core profiles. If this FHIR implementation guide is unable to use a US Core profile we will request approval from US Realm SC, and provide the US Realm approved rationale for deviation in the implementation guide where applicable
          • Anne Wizauerto add review of US Realm motion to week of 2/24 e-vote
  5. Adjourned at 11:57 am Eastern