Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Date

 

Chair
StatusCompleted
Comments

Dial-in Number

Web session

Attendees

NameOrganization

Jean Duteau  (chair)

Duteau Design Inc

John Hatem (scribe)

Independent consultant

Margaret WeikerNCPDP
Shelly Spiro
Sergent Peter Techsys
Pooja Babbrah
Daniel Zhang

EPIC

 Frank McKinney

 Stephen Chu
Maggie BuchingerSurescripts

Dion McMurtrie


Steve Saillard EPIC
Bepi Behera
Heather McComas AMA
 Tyler Scheid AMA
 Danielle Bancroft
 Becky Costello NIH









Agenda Items and Notes

Outstanding Action Item List

Catalogue Project

  • January 20, 2020

    • primary focus is on lab at this time

    • Reviewed Catalog FHIR IG on Jan 17 conference call

      • There will be areas in the Catalog IG that Pharmacy will contribute to
      • Suggest setting up a time to have Catalog meet with Pharmacy on one of our conference calls
    • Discussing a For Comment ballot of this IG, possibly in May, 2020
  • February 17, 2020
    • meeting held last Friday - still working on FHIR catalogue IG
      • universal 
      • primarily lab focused for first version but some use cases for medication
      • not sure if will be balloted in May or September
      • need to ensure use cases that are not lab are called out
      • profile on composition and activitydefinition or plandefinition
      • catalogueentry - John will look to see the status of that resource
        • not being used - 
  • February 24, 2020
    • last meeting was Friday, Feb 21, 2020 - focus of meeting was the FHIR Catalog IG with a focus on laboratory catalog
    • No pharmacy specific workflow issues arose in today's meeting
    • PHAST is expecting to file several tracker items in the March timeframe for MedicationKnowledge resource

Updates from Workflow

  • January 20, 2020
    • dealing with tracker items. 
    • Workflow is cancelling the WGM workflow meeting
    • There were no discussions on today's Workflow call
    • Workflow meetings will be cancelled for Jan 27, Feb 3 and Feb 10
    • Next Workflow Meeting is Feb 17, 2020
  • February 17, 2020
    • no meeting
  • February 24, 2020
    • focus on next steps for this groups work.  NO pharmacy specific issues came up. 
    • Vasil volunteered to do work to evaluate the mapping across the various resources, including evaluating LM's mapping tool
    • there was a question about where mapping of BPM to HL7 workflow should be done
      • LM response was to start that work with Bryn from CDS

Healthcare Product

  • January 20, 2020
    • based in O&O with many groups participating
    • Early work set boundaries
    • updating definitions to defining when different resources should be used
      • establishing "patterns" 
    • Last meeting was on Dec 16th from my minutes.  During the meeting the following topics were discussed: 
      • Blood Administration and how to model it: the suggestions were to either create a new resource or to use a profile on Procedure or Medication Administration
        • Meeting to be setup with OO, RX and PC to discuss this topic
      • Another discussion was whether we should create a "pattern" and assure that similar resources are all modelling the same type of requirements the same way
      • Last topic discussed was how to update documentation to guide users of the FHIR resources when to use Device, Device Definition and Medication - specifically for a pharmacy use case, where the device may include a medication. 
    • Meeting on January 20 - 
  • February 17, 2020
    • no meeting
  • February 24, 2020
    • Medication Scope - I provided input that this is more complex due to the impact of Device, Supply, Nutrition Product, Substance and how one would represent those mappings to guidance. 
    • Hans from O&O will reach out to JohnH to discuss next steps

NCPDP Updates

V2-FHIR Mapping

  • January 20, 2020 - 
  • January 13, 2020 - Review is still in-progress
  • February 17, 2020
    • no discussion
  • February 24, 2020  - do discussion

Projects

  • Real Time Pharmacy Benefit Check -
    • January 20, 2020 
      • in ballot, responding to issues 
    • January 13, 2020 - no update
    • February 17, 2020 - Ballot Reconciliation
      • went through balloting in January cycle
      • are working on triaging comments
      • Pharmacy will help with disposition of the comments - for example, persuasive, persuasive with mod, etc.
      • range of comments - typos, mistakes in bindings (technical) to broader topics (use of US Core, use of NCPDP terminologies, questions of content of consumer vs provider RTPBC)
      • questions about needing to be a member to use code systems
        • how should this be handled - may need to make comments not persuasive
          • bring up with FHIR Accelerators
          • can make example codes available
          • should add documentation on how to take advantage of NCPDP codes
        • use of US Core
          • there are differences in intent - searches, must support - that don't seem to apply
          • didn't base profiles on US Core - under discussion with US Core
          • will need to get exceptions to some of the US Core requirements
          • under discussion with USRSC
        • differences between NCPDP transactions - CARIN chose not to include - 
        • graphdefinition - send email to Jean Duteau or post on Zulip
    • February 24, 2020
      • Frank led a discussion on the CARIN Consumer Real Time - Pharmacy Benefit Check ballot items. The discussion involved issues ranging from individual ballot items to a long discussion about whether there should be a decision about whether to just use Submission Method or Process Message.  Please refer to the ballot comments spreadsheet for resolution status of ballot items. The discussion will continue next week. 

Medication List

  • Medication List
  • Use of MedicationStatement/Usage
  • January 20, 2020 - limited progress
  • February 17, 2020
    • determine if we need separate project calls to continue the work
      • need to time box and allocating time to call
      • discuss with Pharmacy co-chairs
  • February 24, 2020
    • waiting for FMG approval
    • Jean and Melva will work on content that can go into the IG

Dietary Supplements - Becky Costello


DaVinci PDeX Formulary Project

  • January 13, 2020 - Email sent to Saul and Dave telling them they can make this change without balloting
    • Need to double-check that TSC approved the publication request
  • Discussion - would have to do a re-build of the IG publication
    • new IG changes the URLs of the extensions - anyone who has implemented would need to make a change to their implementation
    • would need to let implementers know
    • Jean will reach out to Lloyd to see about the rules for this type of change
      • Lloyd - yes this change can be made without ballot
    • still follow up items
      • other issues
      • publication request
  • February 17, 2020
    • no discussion
  • February 24, 2020 - no discussion

FHIR

Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers 

Next meeting

  • March 1, 2020 at 4pm Eastern
    • VA Project - TBC
    • RTPBC Ballot reconciliation
    • Dietary Supplements - Becky Costello - TBC

Action Items