Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 Project Services Work Group (PS)

AGENDA / MINUTES

 

Location: conference call

Time:  09:00-10:00 am Eastern Time

Join WebEx meeting: join the meeting

Meeting number: 631 009 436

Meeting password: HL7Standards 

Dial in:  770.657.9270  PC  2811011

Quorum Requirements Met:   Yes

For PS: Co-Chair plus two without preponderance of influence

Facilitator

Rick Haddorff 

Note taker(s)

Rick Haddorff 

Attendee

Name

Affiliation

X

Rick Haddorff  (Co-Chair)

Mayo Clinic/Foundation

X

Freida Hall (Co-Chair)

Quest Diagnostics, Incorporated

X

Dave Hamill

HL7 International

XBryant Johnson Walden University

Wayne Kubick

HL7 International


 Ken McCaslinRene Harvey Consulting


Joshua Procius

HL7 International


Tony Julian (ARB)

Mayo Clinic


Anne Wizauer

HL7 International


Lynn Laakso

HL7 International

 

Agenda Topics/Minutes

Agenda review and approval:   Approved

Open Forum:  

  • 2020-02-27: Carmela Couderc email re: PSS Jira pilot (2nd pilot)
    This project (CodeX) can be added to the piloting process - Dave and Josh and Ken are working with this group;
    Dave - weekly meeting with Wayne, Anne, Josh and sometimes Mary Kay and Ken - discussing move of PSS form to Jira - and automate approval process (through Jira) and proposed project concept (pre-PSS work - Tony Julian idea);  Mary Kay will try piloting;

  • Possibility of dissolving this group (Project Services) –  moving any responsibilities to other groups - review Mission and Charter - perhaps at future call this WGM period and review process to disband...

Approve previous meeting minutes:  2020-02-13  (approved by general consent)

 Use general consent method when there are no corrections:  “You have received the minutes.  Are there any corrections to the minutes?  Hearing none, if there is no objection the minutes are approved as posted.”

Additional Topics:

  • PSS Updates

2020-02-27:

2020-02-13: Josh working to migrate PSS Form from Confluence to Jira due to shortcoming for modifying the form in Confluence. Dave reported the PSS was originally a page (the template), then made into a form (in use almost a year).  Josh learned when adding new content to a drop down, the new content is at the bottom of the drop down, which is not desired. Moving the PSS to Jira will also facilitate the automated approval process.  Target goal to complete the PSS in Jira is before the San Antonio WGM in May.  Ken commented the Co-Chair Handbook hyperlink will need to be modified when this change occurs.

  • Dave Hamill Create Jira ticket to update Co-Chair Handbook when the PSS Jira template is ready (Dave also added to his personal "todo" checklist)
  • Dave Hamill Dave will remove Word template version of PSS from HL7.org
  • Freida Hall send Ken URL to Tony Julian "pre-project" info (sent post call 2020-02-13)



  • Conformance Facilitator

2020-02-27: Still pending

2020-02-13:  Still pending.

. . .

2019-06-06: Dave will follow up with Conformance Work Group.

Dave Hamill Email Conformance Work Group re: Conformance Facilitator job description and how to identify who fills that role, e.g. is there a pool of conformance facilitators, etc. 

2019-05-23:

  • Dave Hamill Will email - do we need to remove the requirement for having a Conformance Facilitator on the PSS - or default to the Project Facilitator?
     (See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     

 


2020-02-27:  Freida still to contact SGB, holding off for Ken McCaslin's work

2020-02-13: Discussed whether to resume, we did not complete the review previously.  Still not sure whether we will need to re-ballot, or possibly move to Confluence in a future update.  Also not sure how useful the PLCPD is now. Ken suggested we push back to the TSC, however it was the SGB that originally prompted this discussion.  Ken advised the TSC has created various task forces that we may not be aware of, he encountered this when working on the Co-Chair Handbook.

  • Freida Hall to contact the SGB to determine if this is still a task, or if it has been subsumed by other work. 

2020-01-16: Defer pending completion Co-Chair Handbook

...

2019-08-29: Continued review, updated document with revisions from August 29 call posted: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-29.doc?api=v2

2019-08-15: Continued review. Updated document with revisions from August 15 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-15.doc?api=v2

2019-08-01: Freida posted updated document with edits reviewed on the August 1 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-01.doc?api=v2
Team reviewed - added some comments and to-do's.  Will continue next meeting

2019-07-18:  (Defer - not discussed on call) Freida combined all SGB comments in one document and posted in prep for review July 18 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-07-18%20prep.doc?api=v2

2019-03-28: Re: PLCPD slide in FTA presentation, Ken agreed, Freida to draft slide. Dave worked with Sadhana to share Project Services webinars on Education portal (complete).  Reviewed FTA PLCPD slide; Freida will forward.  Will leave on agenda and when time permits, review SGB comments again.  Collapse/remove comments that have been completed from minutes.  We are hesitate to re-ballot without further guidance from the SGB, but can evaluate comments for a possible future update.

FH added Notes from January 2019 WGM, need to clarify action item: "They have a product lifecycle for project development – what to do at each step. PSS is on Confluence. Goal is to manage workflow on JIRA. Piloting. Education might be able to help socialize. There are webinars related to project services."

2019-02-28:   Still pending; Freida has not made progress on this.  SD minutes are on HL7.org.

2019-01-31: Wait for future input from SGB.  Freida posted excerpt from SGB meeting minutes under documents.  We should review comments further but will wait on guidance re: whether to re-ballot and start a new version of the document.  FTA - could socialize Project Services; ask FTA to add slide.  Freida will send slide to Karen Van for new Co-chair training (subset of General Session slides with reference to webinars; sent 2019-02-12.)  Leave this on agenda.

2018-12-13: Somewhat surprised that this document seemed new to all since some had commented in the 2017 ballot.  Freida did HL7 google search (Project Management” and found some documents that may be outdated (e.g. circa 2005); we may want to review search results in future. Discussed whether we might want to consider move some of the PLCPD content as ‘help text’ to online PSS.  The PLCPD covers a lot of material that may be overwhelming; Rick will ask on SD call re: possibility of an information education session at WGM that could cover online PSS and PLCPD.
Freida and Rick had provided some answers/notes to the questions from Lorraine Constable and Wayne Kubick prior to the meeting.  Although the SGB felt there was a lot of good information in the PLCPD, they questioned how it should be used and how it should be presented to the HL7 community.  The SGB invited Project Services to attend the 2nd Quarter meeting on Sunday, Jan. 13th at the San Antonio WGM to discuss a path forward.    Rick and Freida are currently planning on attending.

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     



  • Review list of artifacts per TSC request (posted to Documents page)

2020-02-27:  Waiting on both Ken's list and/or TSC

2020-02-14: Ken McCaslin emailed that he had recommended some artifacts on the TSC Guidance webpage should be moved elsewhere.  Freida request copy; waiting for a copy of this list to contact TSC.

2020-02-13: Project Services has been monitoring this Parking lot item Project management artifact list from Project Services.  It was Parking Log agenda item ‘i.’ on the January 6, 2020 minutes: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66938884  but it does not appear it was discussed during the call.  Then it disappears from the January 13 minutes: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66940173

Freida suggested we update the list of artifacts now that the Co-Chair Handbook is complete and forward the updated list to Anne with question re: the agenda parking lot status.  Ken advised he has regular meeting with Wayne so he could also mention to Wayne if we copy him on the email (see task below).  Freida will update the list and circulate to Rick and Dave before sending to Anne et al.

  • Freida Hall to email Anne and cc: Ken so he can follow up with Wayne (Wednesday 11-noon am)

. . .

2019-11-07: Freida emailed Austin 2019-11-04; validated this item is still 7th on list on TSC "parking lot". Freida advised Austin TSC decision will impact Co-chair Handbook, PLCPD, etc.

2019-10-10:  Freida validated this item is still on TSC "parking lot"; now item 'g' (7th on the list).

...

2019-07-18: (Defer - not discussed on call) Freida verified still on TSC "Parking Lot" list per June 17 TSC minutes, so did not email Austin: 2019-06-17 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes

2019-05-23: Response from Austin (May 2 email):  Defer

My apologies for not getting back to on this when you originally sent it back in March. I’m going to have to review this with the TSC to see what if any actions the TSC will want to take in regards to Project Services recommendations. I’ve copied Anne so this can get added to the TSC’s parking lot so it doesn’t get dropped.

2019-03-28: Freida forwarded artifact list to Austin Monday, March 25. No response yet. Final version: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/Project%20Management%20artifacts%20Final.docx?api=v2

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)



2020-02-27: Ask Dave status item in table below.  Review 3 (or 4) more items due May 2020:

17118 Restructure PM artifacts on HL7.org website + PS "essentials" (2020 May)  - Move to 2020 Sep

18093 Change PS artifacts impacted by revised Withdrawal Process (2020 May) - Try to identify artifacts that would need to change

23039 Review existing webinars for potential changes due to new tools (May 2020) - Bryant did this recently, should we push out the due date or can we update any before the next WGM? = Lower priority for this WGM period (May 2020) move to (Sep 2020)
Can we ask Anne to update the Work Group Health Webinar?  - Anne has been tasked with this and it is in her court;

1052 Review Project Life Cycle for GOM reference updates (thrice per year) (2020 May) - Move to Sep 2020


2020-02-13: Dave's task (in table) not discussed, ask Dave re: task item next call.  Re: trackers listed 2020-01-16: changed due date for 2353 to 2022May, agreed to close 12338, added note to 15118 but left open. 

Copied text in italics below from January 2019 WGM; do we want to 'reinstate' task or is it sufficient that we have note in tracker #2714?

From January 2019 WGM:

Work on webinar:  Medium priority - SD Co-Chairs – items to review to approve projects.

Went through the guidance document and made notes for the webinar.

  • Dave Hamill will use the guidance document with notes and create a new webinar re: SD Co-Chairs – items to review to approve projects.

2020-01-16: Reviewed and prioritized items to work on/discuss with Dave next call:

2353  *WGH* Update SWOT every 3 years (2020 May) **2020-01-27 per email from Anne Wizauer, SWOT updates are now due every 5 years, defer until due, now 2022May.

12338 Online PSS (CTO project) (2020 May) **Dave commented we can close this tracker; include a note in the tracker now migrating to PSS Jira

15118 Annual Updates to the PSS and Project Approval Process (2020 May) (PI #535) **leave this open, Dave still tracks pending changes in this tracker.  He also vets proposed changes with Project Services Work Group.

After we complete these, can select other tasks due May 2020, or revise due date

. . .

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)


  • Next steps after review 2020-02-13 call: Keep this item, review future call.

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/PS/01-10-2019+Current+Appendix+A+Information?src=contextnavpagetreemode

  • 2020-02-27:  Richard Haddorff Make note in the document to indicate no longer needed -


Action Items (Tasks) - in confluence Action Items are same as Tasks - 2020-02-13 defer

Go to:  Meeting Index & Task List


Adjourn  10:00 AM ET



Next Meeting / Preliminary Agenda Items

References: 

GForge Link to Project Services:  http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/psc/