Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-02-17
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented

Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean Duteau

xWayne Kubick
Lorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul Knapp
Mary Kay McDaniel
Sandra Suart

David PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickRegretsVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/vote

xFloyd EisenbergxAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote













Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-27 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Approve WGM minutes
      1. 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-02-03 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-02-06 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Vital Records Death Reporting V2.6 R1 STU2 at Project Insight 1208 for 2 years
      1. Note from Anne: I located the correct reconciliation link and added it, as well as date that they emailed Lynn the content.
    2. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Release 1 at Project Insight 1144
    3. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Bidirectional Services eReferral FHIR Implementation Guide (BSeR) at Project Insight 1423 for 2 years
      1. Note from Anne: I added the date that AMS emailed the request/content link to Lynn
    4. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Reducing Clinician Burden at Project Insight 1501
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for CDA: National Health Care Surveys R1 STU3 (NHCS) at Project Insight 1002 for 2 years
    2. Informative Publication Request by the CIMI WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 CIMI Logical Model: Analysis Normal Form (ANF), Release 1 at Project Insight 1430 - previous issues around joint publication have been resolved
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Revised steps for establishing a product family from SGB
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Feedback from the WGM
    2. Topics for Co-chair webinar
    3. SGB/ARB sent errata back to the TSC

      1. Develop definition of Errata,Technical Correction
        1. ARB/SGB agreed on Substantive technical corrections to a normative published balloted specification require a ballot.

        2. ARB/SGB agreed on Changes to a STU published balloted specification

        3. ARB/SGB seeking TSC clarification on the process for Informative :
          1. Should there be a process similar to the STU process for informative documents?  It seems appropriate, but due to restrictions cannot use the STU update process
    4. Board update on support implementers and Agile Process (Wayne)
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Project management one-page document requested by CIC
    2. Rob's motion on external code system licenses (need HTA participation on the conference call)
    3. Review TSC Decision Making Practices
    4. Continuity, training, and succession planning (from 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes)

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-27 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Approve WGM minutes
      1. 2020-02-01 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      2. 2020-02-03 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
      3. 2020-02-06 TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
        1. Defer approval to next call
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Vital Records Death Reporting V2.6 R1 STU2 at Project Insight 1208 for 2 years
      1. Note from Anne: I located the correct reconciliation link and added it, as well as date that they emailed Lynn the content.
        • Anne Wizauer Add Vital Records Death reporting publication request back to this week's e-vote
    2. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Release 1 at Project Insight 1144
      • Jean Duteau will contact Lindsey for updates to Generalized Anxiety Disorder publication request
    3. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Bidirectional Services eReferral FHIR Implementation Guide (BSeR) at Project Insight 1423 for 2 years
      1. Note from Anne: I added the date that AMS emailed the request/content link to Lynn
        1. MOTION to approve: Riki/Melva
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    4. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Reducing Clinician Burden at Project Insight 1501
      1. Riki states the work was done within the WG. 
        1. MOTION to approve with date corrections: Melva/Riki
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Feedback from the WGM
      1. Melva reports that Pharmacy had a successful WGM - they had quorum at every meeting and moved forward on a number of projects.
      2. Floyd reports that CQI also had a productive meeting. Need to encourage earlier agenda posting so people can justify attendance.
      3. Jean appreciated the robust local participation. This should be a requirement for other international meetings. 
      4. Walter reports that we'll be thoroughly reviewing lessons learned.
      5. Melva heard that there weren't enough opportunities for socializing. The cruise wasn't affordable for many people. Everyone was at different hotels, there was no Tuesday Night Party, etc.
    2. Topics for Co-chair webinar
      1. Wayne notes that we'll be having a webinar that seeks to reproduce what was presented at the cochair dinner. Will be 11 am Eastern next Wednesday. May consider doing these regularly and perhaps before the WGMs too. Jean states it should be required for cochairs to attend. Need to do more cochair training.
    3. SGB/ARB sent errata back to the TSC

      1. Develop definition of Errata,Technical Correction
        1. ARB/SGB agreed on Substantive technical corrections to a normative published balloted specification require a ballot.

        2. ARB/SGB agreed on Changes to a STU published balloted specification

        3. ARB/SGB seeking TSC clarification on the process for Informative :
          1. Should there be a process similar to the STU process for informative documents?  It seems appropriate, but due to restrictions cannot use the STU update process. 
          2. Reviewed updated definitions in the document. Edited wording under BAP section.
          3. Walter asks if we have adequate definitions of substantive vs. non-substantive. Paul responds that we do. 
          4. Austin joins
          5. Discussion over potential Informative update process. No language currently exists for this in the GOM. Discussion over the different ways Informative documents are used. Melva: Why don't we say what is involved in technical corrections overall instead of applied to a certain type of balloted spec? Then talk about how you go about making the changes for each level.
            1. Carry forward to next week
    4. Board update on support implementers and Agile Process (Wayne)
      1. Had a lengthy discussion over supporting implementers. EC will be considering next steps. Melva reports that the topic is on the finance committee agenda as well. 
      2. Agile Process was reviewed quickly and the TSC will be weighing in.
  5. Next 90 minute call - need to determine date. Decision to make it 3/2. 
  6. Adjourned at 11:58 am Eastern