Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 Project Services Work Group (PS)

AGENDA / MINUTES

 

Location: conference call

Time:  09:00-10:00 am Eastern Time

Join WebEx meeting: join the meeting

Meeting number: 631 009 436

Meeting password: HL7Standards 

Dial in:  770.657.9270  PC  2811011

Quorum Requirements Met:   Yes

For PS: Co-Chair plus two without preponderance of influence

Facilitator

Freida Hall

Note taker(s)

Freida Hall

Attendee

Name

Affiliation

X

Rick Haddorff  (Co-Chair)

Mayo Clinic/Foundation

X

Freida Hall (Co-Chair)

Quest Diagnostics, Incorporated

X

Dave Hamill

HL7 International

          Bryant Johnson Walden University


Wayne Kubick

HL7 International

         X Ken McCaslinRene Harvey Consulting


Joshua Procius

HL7 International


Tony Julian (ARB)

Mayo Clinic


Anne Wizauer

HL7 International


Lynn Laakso

HL7 International

 

Agenda Topics/Minutes

Agenda review and approval:  

Ken joined to say thanks to PS for their assistance with the Co-Chair Handbook.

Open Forum:  

From PIC WGM Minutes: "PIC role in bigger tooling/process redesign; Note that much emerging HL7 work is not on a normative track.  The role of PIC in establishing processes in this dimension will be part of the discussion. - NOTE:  PSS redesign task group could use PIC to contribute.  If PIC is notified then we could encourage collaboration with our PIC folks (listserv) to recruit.  Wayne to take care of this during a tooling and process webinar (see 3)."   Dave reported he is not aware of a task group, other than the "pre project/discovery" Tony Julian discussed with us previously (July 18, 2019 call).  This may be nearing readiness for pilot.


Josh working to migrate PSS Form from Confluence to Jira due to shortcoming for modifying the form in Confluence. Dave reported the PSS was originally a page (the template), then made into a form (in use almost a year).  Josh learned when adding new content to a drop down, the new content is at the bottom of the drop down, which is not desired. Moving the PSS to Jira will also facilitate the automated approval process.  Target goal to complete the PSS in Jira is before the San Antonio WGM in May.  Ken commented the Co-Chair Handbook hyperlink will need to be modified when this change occurs.

  • Dave Hamill Create Jira ticket to update Co-Chair Handbook when the PSS Jira template is ready (Dave also added to his personal "todo" checklist)
  • Dave Hamill Dave will remove Word template version of PSS from HL7.org
  • Freida Hall send Ken URL to Tony Julian "pre-project" info (sent post call 2020-02-13)



Approve previous meeting minutes:  2020-01-16; 2020-01-30 Approved by General Consent

 Use general consent method when there are no corrections:  “You have received the minutes.  Are there any corrections to the minutes?  Hearing none, if there is no objection the minutes are approved as posted.”

Additional Topics:

  • Confluence Cleanup -
    2020-02-13:  See 2020-01-30 notes below:

2020-01-30: Do we need to keep these pages we created early when migrating to Confluence?

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/PS/01-10-2019+Current+Appendix+A+Information?src=contextnavpagetreemode

Keep this item, review future call.


01-10-2019 Current Project Services Deliverables (Since we can continue to use GForge do we need to maintain this?)  We can remove this item from agenda.

  • Freida Hall add a note the 'Deliverables' page not being maintained any longer since we can still use GForge


  • Conformance Facilitator
    2020-02-13:  Still pending.

2020-01-30: DEFER

2020-01-16:  Dave absent, defer

2019-10-24: Still pending - defer to 2020

2019-06-06: Dave will follow up with Conformance Work Group.

Dave Hamill Email Conformance Work Group re: Conformance Facilitator job description and how to identify who fills that role, e.g. is there a pool of conformance facilitators, etc. 

2019-05-23:

  • Dave Hamill Will email - do we need to remove the requirement for having a Conformance Facilitator on the PSS - or default to the Project Facilitator?
     (See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     


2020-02-13: Agreed to close agenda item.

2020-01-30: PIC approved publication Co-chair Handbook 2020-01-20.  They asked us not to list webinars but create a new page in our Confluence space and hyperlink to it (index approach); which Freida created.  PIC also asked us to check our hyperlinks annually; tracker item (2309) changed for annual review, scheduled for 2020Sep. Some of our proposed edits were not applied (for example re: 3 year plans); Freida appended file with our 2019 edits to tracker so we can check later this year. PIC created a JIRA tracker for Co-chair Handbook change requests so in future we can log our change requests there.  Suggest we can now close this agenda item.

New handbook at: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/CH/Co-Chair+Handbook

2020-01-16:  Defer to next call, should have update from meeting Ken McCaslin is hosting 2020-01-16.

2020-01-02:  In process - Ken McCaslin working on Confluence version - will wait for his version for further action

2019-12-05: Review handbook framework Ken McCaslin is developing; will continue to monitor but Ken has our proposed edits to incorporate, and the artifact list recommendations we previously sent to Austin/TSC.

2019-11-21: Review Section 2.15 edits.

2019-11-07:  Begin review and discuss Josh's response to permitting Project Services to directly edit Project Management section of Co-chair Handbook.

  • Freida will make updates to Section 2.15 as agreed during the call and forward updates to the Resources pane to Lorraine, Josh, Mark.

        2019-10-10:  Still pending.  Will target on our next call.  We do want to synch our handbook recommendations with our recommendations to the TSC earlier this year (artifact list agenda item below)

2019-08-29: PIC project created. Josh reassigned trackers to PIC project.  Need to continue review of Project Management content in the Confluence version of Co-Chair Handbook.

2019-08-15: Freida emailed Josh and copied Sandy Stuart and Ken Rubin (PIC Co-chairs), holding additional comments until hear from Josh. Update post-call; Josh replied the trackers can be reassigned when the PIC project is created.

2019-08-01: Need to ask Josh - if JIRA tracker is created for Project Services (based on commenting on Confluence page) - can it be transferred to the appropriate group (PIC in this instance);

  • Freida HallWill check with Josh and ask if this can be done - and whether or not she should continue to comment within Confluence

2019-07-18: Defer - not discussed on call) On July 15 Steering Division call Sandy Stuart reported there is supposed to be a PIC Jira project for the Co-chair handbook project.  (Approximately 14 Jira items).  Freida advised Sandy Project Services will review the Project Management section of the handbook.

From Freida: On recent PIC call, the group discussed Confluence version of Co-chair handbook. I started to look at the Project Mgt. pages and entered several comments – which are now listed as Project Services Jira items with Dave as project lead (hyperlink above).  

A few are more general and maybe we can refer to PIC (if they have to create a project?)

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     



2020-02-13: Discussed whether to resume, we did not complete the review previously.  Still not sure whether we will need to re-ballot, or possibly move to Confluence in a future update.  Also not sure how useful the PLCPD is now. Ken suggested we push back to the TSC, however it was the SGB that originally prompted this discussion.  Ken advised the TSC has created various task forces that we may not be aware of, he encountered this when working on the Co-Chair Handbook.

  • Freida Hall to contact the SGB to determine if this is still a task, or if it has been subsumed by other work. 

2020-01-30: DEFER

2020-01-16: Defer pending completion Co-Chair Handbook

...

2019-08-29: Continued review, updated document with revisions from August 29 call posted: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-29.doc?api=v2

2019-08-15: Continued review. Updated document with revisions from August 15 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-15.doc?api=v2

2019-08-01: Freida posted updated document with edits reviewed on the August 1 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-01.doc?api=v2
Team reviewed - added some comments and to-do's.  Will continue next meeting

2019-07-18:  (Defer - not discussed on call) Freida combined all SGB comments in one document and posted in prep for review July 18 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-07-18%20prep.doc?api=v2

2019-03-28: Re: PLCPD slide in FTA presentation, Ken agreed, Freida to draft slide. Dave worked with Sadhana to share Project Services webinars on Education portal (complete).  Reviewed FTA PLCPD slide; Freida will forward.  Will leave on agenda and when time permits, review SGB comments again.  Collapse/remove comments that have been completed from minutes.  We are hesitate to re-ballot without further guidance from the SGB, but can evaluate comments for a possible future update.

FH added Notes from January 2019 WGM, need to clarify action item: "They have a product lifecycle for project development – what to do at each step. PSS is on Confluence. Goal is to manage workflow on JIRA. Piloting. Education might be able to help socialize. There are webinars related to project services."

2019-02-28:   Still pending; Freida has not made progress on this.  SD minutes are on HL7.org.

2019-01-31: Wait for future input from SGB.  Freida posted excerpt from SGB meeting minutes under documents.  We should review comments further but will wait on guidance re: whether to re-ballot and start a new version of the document.  FTA - could socialize Project Services; ask FTA to add slide.  Freida will send slide to Karen Van for new Co-chair training (subset of General Session slides with reference to webinars; sent 2019-02-12.)  Leave this on agenda.

2018-12-13: Somewhat surprised that this document seemed new to all since some had commented in the 2017 ballot.  Freida did HL7 google search (Project Management” and found some documents that may be outdated (e.g. circa 2005); we may want to review search results in future. Discussed whether we might want to consider move some of the PLCPD content as ‘help text’ to online PSS.  The PLCPD covers a lot of material that may be overwhelming; Rick will ask on SD call re: possibility of an information education session at WGM that could cover online PSS and PLCPD.
Freida and Rick had provided some answers/notes to the questions from Lorraine Constable and Wayne Kubick prior to the meeting.  Although the SGB felt there was a lot of good information in the PLCPD, they questioned how it should be used and how it should be presented to the HL7 community.  The SGB invited Project Services to attend the 2nd Quarter meeting on Sunday, Jan. 13th at the San Antonio WGM to discuss a path forward.    Rick and Freida are currently planning on attending.

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     



  • Review list of artifacts per TSC request (posted to Documents page)

2020-02-13: Project Services has been monitoring this Parking lot item Project management artifact list from Project Services.  It was Parking Log agenda item ‘i.’ on the January 6, 2020 minutes: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66938884  but it does not appear it was discussed during the call.  Then it disappears from the January 13 minutes: https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=66940173

Freida suggested we update the list of artifacts now that the Co-Chair Handbook is complete and forward the updated list to Anne with question re: the agenda parking lot status.  Ken advised he has regular meeting with Wayne so he could also mention to Wayne if we copy him on the email (see task below).  Freida will update the list and circulate to Rick and Dave before sending to Anne et al.

  • Freida Hall to email Anne and cc: Ken so he can follow up with Wayne (Wednesday 11-noon am)

2020-01-30:  DEFER

2020-01-16: Defer pending outcome Co-chair Handbook work

2020-01-02:  Hope this will be resolved with above Co-Chair Handbook work

2019-12-05: No word from Austin yet but Freida provided the info to Ken since it might impact the Project Management section of the Co-chair Handbook.

2019-11-07: Freida emailed Austin 2019-11-04; validated this item is still 7th on list on TSC "parking lot". Freida advised Austin TSC decision will impact Co-chair Handbook, PLCPD, etc.

2019-10-10:  Freida validated this item is still on TSC "parking lot"; now item 'g' (7th on the list).

  • Freida contact Austin re: status since several items are contingent on TSC decision.

...

2019-08-15: Freida checked TSC "parking lot" in minutes; this is item 'f' (6th on the list); still pending TSC review.  Refer to past minutes for additional info.

2019-07-18: (Defer - not discussed on call) Freida verified still on TSC "Parking Lot" list per June 17 TSC minutes, so did not email Austin: 2019-06-17 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes

2019-05-23: Response from Austin (May 2 email):  Defer

My apologies for not getting back to on this when you originally sent it back in March. I’m going to have to review this with the TSC to see what if any actions the TSC will want to take in regards to Project Services recommendations. I’ve copied Anne so this can get added to the TSC’s parking lot so it doesn’t get dropped.

2019-03-28: Freida forwarded artifact list to Austin Monday, March 25. No response yet. Final version: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/Project%20Management%20artifacts%20Final.docx?api=v2

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)



2020-02-13: Dave's task (in table) not discussed, ask Dave re: task item next call.  Re: trackers listed 2020-01-16: changed due date for 2353 to 2022May, agreed to close 12338, added note to 15118 but leave open. 

Copied text in italics below from January 2019 WGM; do we want to 'reinstate' task or is it sufficient that we have note in tracker #2714?

From January 2019 WGM:

Work on webinar:  Medium priority - SD Co-Chairs – items to review to approve projects.

Went through the guidance document and made notes for the webinar.

  • Dave Hamill will use the guidance document with notes and create a new webinar re: SD Co-Chairs – items to review to approve projects.

2020-01-16: Reviewed and prioritized items to work on/discuss with Dave next call:

2353  *WGH* Update SWOT every 3 years (2020 May) **2020-01-27 per email from Anne Wizauer, SWOT updates are now due every 5 years, defer until due, now 2022May.

12338 Online PSS (CTO project) (2020 May) **Dave commented we can close this tracker; include a note in the tracker now migrating to PSS Jira

15118 Annual Updates to the PSS and Project Approval Process (2020 May) (PI #535) **leave this open, Dave still tracks pending changes in this tracker.  He also vets proposed changes with Project Services Work Group.

After we complete these, can select other tasks due May 2020, or revise due date

2020-01-02:  Everything moved to May 2020 - will review with full team

2019-11-07:  We don't have any deliverables 2020 Jan, but have eight trackers scheduled for 2020 May.

2019-10-10:  Revised dates, but we do need be more diligent about working on our tracker items due in May.  Rick suggested we select a tracker item to focus on future call.

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)



Action Items (Tasks) - in confluence Action Items are same as Tasks - defer

Go to:  Meeting Index & Task List


Adjourn  10:01 AM ET



Next Meeting / Preliminary Agenda Items

References: 

GForge Link to Project Services:  http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/psc/