Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Chair:  Danny Wise

Scribe: Craig Newman 


Attendees


Edit

Name

Affiliation

AbdulMalik Shakir Shakir Consulting - Hi3 Solutions
Alaina Gregory CDC
Alean Kirnak Software Partners LLC
Amy Benson Carradora
Austin Kreisler Leidos
Brett Marquart Wave One Associates
Brian Gugerty CDC
Charisse LaVell CSTE
Chrissy Miner CDC
Cindy Bush CDC
Craig Newman Altarum
Crystal Snare WA
Crystal Snare WA DOH
Dan Rutz Epic
Danny Wise Allscripts
Dave deRoode Lantana Consulting Group
Devann Kirkpatrick TN Dept of Health
Genny Luensman CDC/NIOSH
Justine Maxwell TN DOH
Karla Norsworthy NC
Kathy Walsh LabCorp
Ken Chen Arkansas
Kevin Snow Envision
Laura Rappleye Altarum
Michael J. Suralik HLN Consulting
Mike Flanigan Carradora
Mike Yaskanin Altarum
Nathan Bunker American Immunization Registry Association
Prachi CDC
Rita Altamore WA
Shaily Krishan CSTE
Will Rosenfeld IBM




Minutes Approved as Presented 

x

This is to approve minutes via general consent. "You have received the minutes. Are there any corrections to the minutes? (pause) Hearing none, if there are no objections, the minutes are approved as printed."


Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

ManagementAgenda Review and Minutes Approval
  • An EHR vendor is interested in making sure they have a grasp on the future of contact tracing, if you have interested in contributing to that conversation, please let Craig know
  • HL7 is piloting new processes for PSS approval including a new pre-proposal step to better educate WGs about projects being proposed
  • Please review the Public Health Communicable Disease Terminology and Programs page we discussed last week and add your comments and content
    • Or contact a co-chair to help get your contributions added
  • Meeting minutes from last week were approved
Methodology

VRDR FHIR IG Publication Request Approval (AbdulMalik Shakir) - 10 min

  • AbdulMalik distributed the link to the pre-publication FHIR IG two weeks ago
  • He has received comments from several folks (Sarah, Cindy, Craig) and is working to address the comments
  • 6 jurisdictions are in the process of implementing the IG
    • They will provide feedback for a future May 2021 ballot period
    • The IG may be upgraded to FHIR R5 if it's available by then
  • We will come back next week for the formal approval after the commenters have reviewed the changes
Methodology

Immunization IG Discussion (Alean Kirnak) - 25 min

  • Alean prepared a list of organizations who have participated in IHE connectathon testing
  • Continued the review of the ADT/Merge/Link workflows that we began on 4/16
  • The Merge operation  consolidates multiple records for the same patient into a single record (one record is "non-surviving")
    • A "split" is the manual correction for unmerging (there is no HL7 transaction for an unmerge)
      • Typically, clinical data needs to be disentangled
    • This is may be of the scope of the original PSS for the immunization v2 IG
      • The larger immunization community needs to weigh in but much of the community is currently busy with COVID-19
        • Discussion could continue in AIRA's Standards and Interoperability Steering Committee
  • The next step would be to put together a concrete set of proposals (including a description of the problems the proposals are trying to solve) to take back to the immunization community through SISC
    • Then once consensus has been reached with immunization programs, EHRs, etc, the WG can decide if the existing PSS accommodates the proposed changes
Methodology

PDMP update (Brett M) - 10 min

  • Brett described a set of updates to an existing PSS that the PHWG cosponsored
  • These changes will update mappings from STU3 to FHIR R4 and account for updates to US Core profiles
  • The work will be balloted this fall
  • Motion for the PHWG to continue to be a co-sponsor on the project (Craig Newman/Laura Rappleye 30-0-0)
  • Brett will provide an update to the WG before balloting
MethodologyNational Health Care Surveys (Sarah Gaunt) - 5 min
  • Sarah and David reached out to Austin about a potential dot release for the NHSC CDA IG to align with the latest release of USCDI (see discussion from last week)
  • Austin indicated that community uptake of the standard should play a major role in whether or not this is OK to do as a dot release or if it should go back to ballot
  • Brian Gugerty from CDC has indicated that there is little or no adoption yet (as it was only published last month)
  • Motion to consider this set of changes as acceptable as a dot release (rather than a reballot) (Sarah Gaunt/Craig Newman  23-0-0)
Management Next agenda
 Adjournment
 Adjourned at 5:00PM Eastern

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document


Tasks

  •