Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-01-27
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau


Wayne Kubick
Lorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff

Walter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexPaul Denning


Anne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote
Juliet Rubini











Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-20 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR-Based Quality Reporting White Paper at Project Insight 1598 
    2. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I (QRDA I) Release 1, STU Release 5 - US Realm at Project Insight 210
    3. Review/Comment on GOC's revised naming convention
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Informative Publication Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Arden Syntax: Implementation Guide, Release 3 at Project Insight 1479
    2. STU Extension Request by the Structured Documents WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1371 for 2 years
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. TBD
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. WGM Agenda Feb 2020 Sydney
      1. Saturday start time has been moved to our regular time of 9:00 am. Breakfast will not be served, but we'll have morning coffee break, lunch, and afternoon coffee break
      2. Sunday meeting has been moved to Monday
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Do we need guidelines for TSC review of publication requests?
    2. How much variability does the TSC want to allow in standing up Jira trackers for various product families and products not covered by product families? 
    3. Naming convention/communication to management groups 
    4. How to implement US Realm policies on use of US Core profiles and FHIR/C-CDA
    5. FAQ_Release Clarifications - questions from Mary Kay
    6. Definition of Errata and Technical Correction 
      1. ARB is preparing updates to send to SGB for review
    7. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    8. Archetype publication for CIMI
    9. Task force for review of board committees
    10. Common location for WG administrative documents - question from EST
    11. How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, HTA
    12. Review HL7 calendars after each WGM

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Paul Denning here for CQI appeal
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Rob would like to add a topic on adding text around code systems in IGs
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-20 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Approved via general consent
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR-Based Quality Reporting White Paper at Project Insight 1598 
      1. Paul Denning reports that the white paper lays out some reasoning on moving to FHIR-based quality reporting. Proposed rules haven't been finalized yet but this will help answer some of the questions around that process when they do come out. Would like to get this out sooner than later. David: The proposed rules will probably be released before the May ballot; is there really a loss to wait? Wayne: Since it's informative instead of an implementable spec, is there a harm? There is value into making it available sooner than later. Rob: Not sure that it's valuable after the final rule comes out. Paul: This is intended to help inform people to make decisions on how to go forward when the rules come out. 
        1. MOTION to accept the request for the deadline appeal: Jean/Sandy
        2. Sandy notes that we don't want this to be precedent setting. Wayne notes there is no requirement to ballot a white paper; could post on the WG web page. But there is no community review. 
        3. VOTE: David opposes. Remaining in favor. Motion passes.
    2. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I (QRDA I) Release 1, STU Release 5 - US Realm at Project Insight 210
      1. Referred by Wayne due to complicated naming. Should probably stay for now for continuity but this highlights why we're updating the naming convention.
        1. MOTION to approve: Wayne/Jean
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    3. Review/Comment on GOC's revised naming convention
      1. Melva reports the history of the document. Not sure all of the changes were actually applied. We need to make sure that this document is what we want it to be. Probably should have a deeper discussion in Sydney. Need to cover adding accelerator and trademarked names into specifications.
      2. Austin asks people to review in depth before TSC meeting.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. WGM Agenda Feb 2020 Sydney
      1. Austin reviews proposed agenda.
      2. Melva would like to add an update on the GOM revisions.
  5. Adding text around code systems in IGs
    1. Rob reports that the issue to make clear to implementers that they must meet the licensing requirements for any IP controlled code sets in their IGs.
    2. Draft text:
      1. Implementers and testers of this specification SHALL abide by the license requirements for each terminology content artifact utilized within a functioning implementation. Terminology licenses SHALL be obtained from the terminology authority for each code system or other specified artifact used. It is the sole responsibility of each organization deploying or testing this specification to ensure their implementations comply with licensing requirements.
    3. Austin states that this could be included in a boilerplate update on coverpages. Rob states this should be in every single published artifact.
      • Rob McClureto draft motion on boilerplate language around terminology for future TSC review.
  6. Adjourned at 11:58 am Eastern