Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-01-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony Julian
Jean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexTed KleinxCalvin BeebexAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexJessica Bota

x

Josh Procious



xCarol Macumber

xDave Hamill






xLynn Laakso

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-13 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR-Based Quality Reporting White Paper at Project Insight 1598
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for Application Data Exchange Assessment Framework and Functional Requirements for Mobile Health at Project Insight 1599
      1. Missed the TSC PSS approval deadline for May ballot (1/5/20)
    2. Recirculation Ballot Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for UDI Pattern R2 
    3. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide:Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes; Occupational Data for Health Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1225 for two years
    4. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Dental Functional Profile at Project Insight 1406
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I (QRDA I) Release 1, STU Release 5 - US Realm at Project Insight 210
    2. Informative Publication Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Arden Syntax: Implementation Guide, Release 3 at Project Insight 1479
    3. STU Extension Request by the Structured Documents WG of the Administrative SD forHL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA R2.1 Supplemental Templates for Nutrition, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1371 for 2 years.
    4. Review/Comment on GOC's revised naming convention
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. UTG Demo - Ted Klein
      1. Do we need to continue discussion in Sydney?
      2. Co-chair dinner messaging for UTG
    2. Sydney Agenda
  7. Parking Lot
    1. Do we need guidelines for TSC review of publication requests?
    2. How much variability does the TSC want to allow in standing up Jira trackers for various product families and products not covered by product families? 
    3. Naming convention/communication to management groups 
    4. How to implement US Realm policies on use of US Core profiles and FHIR/C-CDA
    5. FAQ_Release Clarifications - questions from Mary Kay
    6. Definition of Errata and Technical Correction 
      1. ARB is preparing updates to send to SGB for review
    7. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    8. Archetype publication for CIMI
    9. Task force for review of board committees
    10. Common location for WG administrative documents - question from EST
    11. How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, HTA
    12. Review HL7 calendars after each WGM

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Guests here for UTG demo
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-13 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR-Based Quality Reporting White Paper at Project Insight 1598
      1. Currently has 1 abstain, 1 affirmative, and 2 negative. Sandy: We have to draw a line at some point. Wayne wonders what the harm is in allowing them to go forward? Lorraine: The harm is that when we do allow these things, we end up with rushed, poor quality things. If we don't ask for good reasons to extend, people will start ignoring them. Wayne notes that it sounds like holding this up will hold up other things. If there is a negative quality impact we should reject it but we need more information. Should educate co-chairs on what information to include in an appeal to make things clear to the TSC.
        • Anne Wizauerto invite FHIR-Based Quality Reporting White Paper project team to next week's call
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for Application Data Exchange Assessment Framework and Functional Requirements for Mobile Health at Project Insight 1599
      1. Missed the TSC PSS approval deadline for May ballot (1/5/20)
    2. Recirculation Ballot Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for UDI Pattern R2 
    3. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide:Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes; Occupational Data for Health Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1225 for two years
    4. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Dental Functional Profile at Project Insight 1406
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Quality Reporting Document Architecture Category I (QRDA I) Release 1, STU Release 5 - US Realm at Project Insight 210
    2. Informative Publication Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Arden Syntax: Implementation Guide, Release 3 at Project Insight 1479
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. UTG Demo - Ted Klein
      1. Ted introduces topic. Would replace harmonization. 
      2. Jess Bota gives an overview of the project. Updates can be found on the UTG Confluence page within the . Describes updates since September WGM.
      3. Project is in development cycle 3. After Sydney, they will complete publication, do final cleanup and testing, and begin education period.
      4. Begins demo of the process to propose a change. People will have to be JIRA users as it utilizes JIRA workflow.
      5. Lorraine: What are the requirements to install the UTG tooling locally? Ted: One tool is the resource editor - there is a windows version and a mac version downloadable from the Australian site. They are not heavy weight. 
      6. Rob asks about avoiding duplicate submissions. Ted reports there is no search currently within the tooling, but will be added in the future. 
      7. Ted presents steps after a change request is submitted. Voting is per proposal. Curator gets a notification that a proposal has been submitted and they determine if it is ready to go out for consensus review. A branch renders the content in a browsable fashion. A director of releases is housed on terminology as well as all code systems for each family. 
      8. Austin: Can the person submitting the proposal try to render it before submitting it? Ted reports that capability is coming later once the basic stuff is stable.
      9. Josh displays next steps in the process. In the voting tab, a submitter can monitor progress and see who voted and how they voted. 
      10. Austin notes that in the JIRA tracker, you can't tell what changed. May cause people to vote negative. Should be noted in the proposal description. Lorraine would like to see the description field made bigger. 
      11. Lorraine: Perhaps we should have an in-between pilot before going 100% live. Jess reports there will be lots of testing before golive.
      12. MK: Is there going to be a page that has a list of the things being worked on? Ted says yes. Part of the training/education materials will be how people can go look at open proposals.
      13. Ted reviews steps once proposal has been received and queued for implementation. Finally, the proposal is completed and implemented before publishing the new release.
      14. Austin: Does a publication request come to TSC to publish a new release? Ted: Yes, it would come to TSC. That's a change to the current process. 
        • Anne Wizauer Add rollout of UTG and publication process of UTG releases to Sydney agenda
      15. Austin: Does the team believe this will be ready to replace harmonization in the next cycle? Rob: We also need to hear the plan of educating the community. Ted: We're about 8 weeks behind in development than we wanted to be. However, we may be technically incapable of using the old tools due to problems that have arisen. Lorraine: If this isn't ready, we should postpone harmonization until it's ready. Ted agrees. Anything changes that are important to be done sooner can be done as part of the testing. Austin: So the recommendation is that we'll have to use this for the next harmonization cycle; only those things that are critical for this cycle will be pushed through the tooling. 
      16. Lorraine: The pieces that are the most important to be smooth before we release it is the submitters and viewers pieces. Riki: Why not have people fill out the word document as well as the new form? If we can't get the rendering done, people could look at the word document. Ted reports that's the plan.
      17. Walter asks if this needs to be reported to the board in Sydney? Austin states that it would be covered in the CTO report.
      18. Co-chair dinner messaging for UTG: Will be piloting new tooling for May cycle, but only for critical updates. 
    2. Sydney Agenda
      1. Will review next week.
      2. Melva asks if we can move the Sunday meeting to Monday. Mary Ann is already looking into it.