Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 Project Services Work Group (PS)

AGENDA / MINUTES

 

Location: conference call

Time:  09:00-10:00 am Eastern Time

Join WebEx meeting: join the meeting

Meeting number: 631 009 436

Meeting password: HL7Standards 

Dial in:  770.657.9270  PC  2811011

Quorum Requirements Met:   Yes

For PS: Co-Chair plus two without preponderance of influence

Facilitator

Rick Haddorff 

Note taker(s)

Rick Haddorff 

Attendee

Name

Affiliation

X

Rick Haddorff  (Co-Chair)

Mayo Clinic/Foundation

X

Freida Hall (Co-Chair)

Quest Diagnostics, Incorporated

X

Dave Hamill

HL7 International

          Bryant Johnson Walden University


Wayne Kubick

HL7 International

          Ken McCaslinRene Harvey Consulting


Joshua Procius

HL7 International


Tony Julian (ARB)

Mayo Clinic


Anne Wizauer

HL7 International


Lynn Laakso

HL7 International

 

Agenda Topics/Minutes

Agenda review and approval:  Confluence not available  - Discussion notes listed

Open Forum:     (FH) This is the last call this trimester; can we resume calls February 13 since we are not meeting at the WGM? Yes - next meeting will be 02-13-2020 

Can we ask Anne Wizauer to update the WGH webinar since the metrics have been updated?  Yes

General Session slides to Mary Ann Boyle (due January 28), posted in GForge: https://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/psc/docman/WGM%20Morning%20Session%20Slides/HL7ProjectServices2020FebWGM_Final.pptx

2020-01-27 email from Anne Wizauer announced updates to due dates for SWOT and Mission Charter; Freida updated tracker.  3 Year Plans now optional. 
Decision was made to keep our 3-year plans in gForge Trackers and remove them (archive) from Project Insight

Dave H.:  HL7 may move to new conferencing tool (ZOOM) - when they do, we can use it, or continue as we have with Freida's conference call tool.


Approve previous meeting minutes:  2020-01-16  (Defer)

 Use general consent method when there are no corrections:  “You have received the minutes.  Are there any corrections to the minutes?  Hearing none, if there is no objection the minutes are approved as posted.”

Additional Topics:

  • Confluence Cleanup - DEFER

2020-01-30: Do we need to keep these pages we created early when migrating to Confluence?

https://confluence.hl7.org/display/PS/01-10-2019+Current+Appendix+A+Information?src=contextnavpagetreemode

01-10-2019 Current Project Services Deliverables (Since we can continue to use GForge do we need to maintain this?)


  • Conformance Facilitator

2020-01-30: DEFER

2020-01-16:  Dave absent, defer

2019-10-24: Still pending - defer to 2020

2019-06-06: Dave will follow up with Conformance Work Group.

Dave Hamill Email Conformance Work Group re: Conformance Facilitator job description and how to identify who fills that role, e.g. is there a pool of conformance facilitators, etc. 

2019-05-23:

  • Dave Hamill Will email - do we need to remove the requirement for having a Conformance Facilitator on the PSS - or default to the Project Facilitator?
     (See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     


2020-01-30: PIC approved publication Co-chair Handbook 2020-01-20.  They asked us not to list webinars but create a new page in our Confluence space and hyperlink to it (index approach); which Freida created.  PIC also asked us to check our hyperlinks annually; tracker item (2309) changed for annual review, scheduled for 2020Sep. Some of our proposed edits were not applied (for example re: 3 year plans); Freida appended file with our 2019 edits to tracker so we can check later this year. PIC plans to create a JIRA tracker for Co-chair Handbook change requests so in future we can log our change requests there.  Suggest we can now close this agenda item.

New handbook at: https://confluence.hl7.org/display/CH/Co-Chair+Handbook

2020-01-16:  Defer to next call, should have update from meeting Ken McCaslin is hosting 2020-01-16.

2020-01-02:  In process - Ken McCaslin working on Confluence version - will wait for his version for further action

2019-12-05: Review handbook framework Ken McCaslin is developing; will continue to monitor but Ken has our proposed edits to incorporate, and the artifact list recommendations we previously sent to Austin/TSC.

2019-11-21: Review Section 2.15 edits.

2019-11-07:  Begin review and discuss Josh's response to permitting Project Services to directly edit Project Management section of Co-chair Handbook.

  • Freida will make updates to Section 2.15 as agreed during the call and forward updates to the Resources pane to Lorraine, Josh, Mark.

        2019-10-10:  Still pending.  Will target on our next call.  We do want to synch our handbook recommendations with our recommendations to the TSC earlier this year (artifact list agenda item below)

2019-08-29: PIC project created. Josh reassigned trackers to PIC project.  Need to continue review of Project Management content in the Confluence version of Co-Chair Handbook.

2019-08-15: Freida emailed Josh and copied Sandy Stuart and Ken Rubin (PIC Co-chairs), holding additional comments until hear from Josh. Update post-call; Josh replied the trackers can be reassigned when the PIC project is created.

2019-08-01: Need to ask Josh - if JIRA tracker is created for Project Services (based on commenting on Confluence page) - can it be transferred to the appropriate group (PIC in this instance);

  • Freida HallWill check with Josh and ask if this can be done - and whether or not she should continue to comment within Confluence

2019-07-18: Defer - not discussed on call) On July 15 Steering Division call Sandy Stuart reported there is supposed to be a PIC Jira project for the Co-chair handbook project.  (Approximately 14 Jira items).  Freida advised Sandy Project Services will review the Project Management section of the handbook.

From Freida: On recent PIC call, the group discussed Confluence version of Co-chair handbook. I started to look at the Project Mgt. pages and entered several comments – which are now listed as Project Services Jira items with Dave as project lead (hyperlink above).  

A few are more general and maybe we can refer to PIC (if they have to create a project?)

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     



2020-01-30: DEFER

2020-01-16: Defer pending completion Co-Chair Handbook

...

2019-08-29: Continued review, updated document with revisions from August 29 call posted: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-29.doc?api=v2

2019-08-15: Continued review. Updated document with revisions from August 15 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-15.doc?api=v2

2019-08-01: Freida posted updated document with edits reviewed on the August 1 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-08-01.doc?api=v2
Team reviewed - added some comments and to-do's.  Will continue next meeting

2019-07-18:  (Defer - not discussed on call) Freida combined all SGB comments in one document and posted in prep for review July 18 call: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/PS%20PLCPD%202018-04%20Releasewk_RLH_fh_2019-07-18%20prep.doc?api=v2

2019-03-28: Re: PLCPD slide in FTA presentation, Ken agreed, Freida to draft slide. Dave worked with Sadhana to share Project Services webinars on Education portal (complete).  Reviewed FTA PLCPD slide; Freida will forward.  Will leave on agenda and when time permits, review SGB comments again.  Collapse/remove comments that have been completed from minutes.  We are hesitate to re-ballot without further guidance from the SGB, but can evaluate comments for a possible future update.

FH added Notes from January 2019 WGM, need to clarify action item: "They have a product lifecycle for project development – what to do at each step. PSS is on Confluence. Goal is to manage workflow on JIRA. Piloting. Education might be able to help socialize. There are webinars related to project services."

2019-02-28:   Still pending; Freida has not made progress on this.  SD minutes are on HL7.org.

2019-01-31: Wait for future input from SGB.  Freida posted excerpt from SGB meeting minutes under documents.  We should review comments further but will wait on guidance re: whether to re-ballot and start a new version of the document.  FTA - could socialize Project Services; ask FTA to add slide.  Freida will send slide to Karen Van for new Co-chair training (subset of General Session slides with reference to webinars; sent 2019-02-12.)  Leave this on agenda.

2018-12-13: Somewhat surprised that this document seemed new to all since some had commented in the 2017 ballot.  Freida did HL7 google search (Project Management” and found some documents that may be outdated (e.g. circa 2005); we may want to review search results in future. Discussed whether we might want to consider move some of the PLCPD content as ‘help text’ to online PSS.  The PLCPD covers a lot of material that may be overwhelming; Rick will ask on SD call re: possibility of an information education session at WGM that could cover online PSS and PLCPD.
Freida and Rick had provided some answers/notes to the questions from Lorraine Constable and Wayne Kubick prior to the meeting.  Although the SGB felt there was a lot of good information in the PLCPD, they questioned how it should be used and how it should be presented to the HL7 community.  The SGB invited Project Services to attend the 2nd Quarter meeting on Sunday, Jan. 13th at the San Antonio WGM to discuss a path forward.    Rick and Freida are currently planning on attending.

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)     



  • Review list of artifacts per TSC request (posted to Documents page)

2020-01-30:  DEFER

2020-01-16: Defer pending outcome Co-chair Handbook work

2020-01-02:  Hope this will be resolved with above Co-Chair Handbook work

2019-12-05: No word from Austin yet but Freida provided the info to Ken since it might impact the Project Management section of the Co-chair Handbook.

2019-11-07: Freida emailed Austin 2019-11-04; validated this item is still 7th on list on TSC "parking lot". Freida advised Austin TSC decision will impact Co-chair Handbook, PLCPD, etc.

2019-10-10:  Freida validated this item is still on TSC "parking lot"; now item 'g' (7th on the list).

  • Freida contact Austin re: status since several items are contingent on TSC decision.

...

2019-08-15: Freida checked TSC "parking lot" in minutes; this is item 'f' (6th on the list); still pending TSC review.  Refer to past minutes for additional info.

2019-07-18: (Defer - not discussed on call) Freida verified still on TSC "Parking Lot" list per June 17 TSC minutes, so did not email Austin: 2019-06-17 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes

2019-05-23: Response from Austin (May 2 email):  Defer

My apologies for not getting back to on this when you originally sent it back in March. I’m going to have to review this with the TSC to see what if any actions the TSC will want to take in regards to Project Services recommendations. I’ve copied Anne so this can get added to the TSC’s parking lot so it doesn’t get dropped.

2019-03-28: Freida forwarded artifact list to Austin Monday, March 25. No response yet. Final version: https://confluence.hl7.org/download/attachments/39158956/Project%20Management%20artifacts%20Final.docx?api=v2

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)



2020-01-30:   DEFER

2020-01-16: Reviewed and prioritized items to work on/discuss with Dave next call:

2353  *WGH* Update SWOT every 3 years (2020 May) **2020-01-27 per email from Anne Wizauer, SWOT updates are now due every 5 years, defer until due.

12338 Online PSS (CTO project) (2020 May)

15118 Annual Updates to the PSS and Project Approval Process (2020 May) (PI #535)

After we complete these, can select other tasks due May 2020, or revise due date

2020-01-02:  Everything moved to May 2020 - will review with full team

2019-11-07:  We don't have any deliverables 2020 Jan, but have eight trackers scheduled for 2020 May.

2019-10-10:  Revised dates, but we do need be more diligent about working on our tracker items due in May.  Rick suggested we select a tracker item to focus on future call.

(See earlier minutes for historical notes on this effort.)



Action Items (Tasks) - in confluence Action Items are same as Tasks

Go to:  Meeting Index & Task List


Adjourn  9:40 AM ET



Next Meeting / Preliminary Agenda Items

References: 

GForge Link to Project Services:  http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/psc/