Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata




Chair:  @ David Pyke

Scribe: @Suzanne Gonzales-Webb

Agenda 

(ATTENDEES TABLE moved to after Agenda)

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Decision Link(if not child)
Minutes Approval

2019-08-06 CBCP Meeting Agenda/Minutes (Copy)


VOTE: (motion) :  JohnM/ GregW

Abstain: 1 / Opposed: 0/  Approve: 10

Share with Protections (Response to HITAC) - Mike Davis

(no update) Meeting set-up TBD (Mike not on) Mike is starting the PSS for this project

"Share with Protections"

      • PSS update
  • there is a document that Mike is producing, availbe to reiew; its the basis for the PSS - 
  • Have not worked on the PSS

HITAC Link:  https://www.healthit.gov/hitac/committees/health-information-technology-advisory-committee-hitac 

Blue Button IG

CARIN - Amol Vyas, Enterprise Architect (Cambia Health Solutions   (September 3rd)

  • One of the topics  from the background material is consent material (question)
  • informed consent using a bulk data transfer approach (wherein "SMART on FHIR is enough"
    • this PSS is going to the administrative steering division 
    • if they are interest in doing consent they should be looking at the FHIR IG on Consent
    • they seem to be involved in creating apps
  • One of the things that we can encourage people to do is to open this into the DS4P work becaue consent and security labels go hand in hand - at header and granular lable, we should have a gide that lets the consumer or implementer know what needs to be done.  we can use resources that are more transparent than a click of the button.  rather than have each one of these groups–not sure how many DaVinci has now... but here are one for bulk data transfer are all situations where all.... all are involving ansparenc with information.  they may not get the uptake they expect if consumers dont' feel they are controlling their information

some of the use cases that John and Dave are disucussing, by clicking a button on a smart on fhir application there has to be a way to revoke, record–a way to get bak what the patient agreed to.  an example for smart on fhir in the fhir stack, we need to look at that this is a step and not an end all.



we newill take to him on September 3


in the policy  - Privacy authority that would extend to PII and PHI --this may impact healthcare.. lookingat consenxxx (kathleen to send links) for group to review


 eLTSS FHIR IG Project - Becky, Johnathan

Completing comments; reviewing for duplicates

  •  working on final updates to the IG
  • weekly prep calls - Tuesday, 2PM ET;  

--reconciliation is uploaded on the website, 

link to IG: build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/eLTSS/index.html



 eLTSS Use Case - Craig (15-20 min)

Discussion:  Next steps for Connectathon track

  • Craig from Altarum and a group from TCI are wmeeting weekly are working toward the Atltnta connectathon supportin geltss IG, pulling in pieces from care.. track.

?  Nothing needed from WG at this time


 Provenance DAM - Mike Davis

Content due 8/4 (Sunday) , Normative ballot

PSAF Package, including Final Provenance Content submitted to HL7 office on Saturday 8/3 (PDF and word versions)

Out for ballot - this version is significantly improved from first version.  encourage everyone to look at it and provide comment.  this doc is intended to put the scientific viewpoint on Provenance.  its not an implementation but based on work that is out there. its inteted to give structure to other HL7 work in this area

-----

  • Consensus pool for September ballot is out, please sign up to review and vote
  • working on completing sections of the document

 DS4P FHIR IG - Kathleen Connor

Waiting to hear back... witing to kick-off the project, on agend for today's Security WG meeting.


Update: Approved, start date is in January for September balloting.  Low hanging fruit to start, staring with security labels to describe how to do data segmentation in FHIR

  • add topic for joint session (Security/CBCP)

Update (question) Approval from FMG and will go to e-vote from TSC - completed

PSS Approved 6/4/2019: FHIR Data Segmentation for Privacy (DS4P) Implementation Guide PSS (by Steering Division)

 September 2019 WGM

Suzanne, Kathleen to collaborate on MON Q3/Q4 and other Security/CBCP joint sessions at a future date

No additional agenda items added to 2019 September WGM at this time.


  • Low hanging fruit to start, staring with security labels to describe how to do data segmentation in FHIR

    • add topic for joint session (Security/CBCP)


Additional Agenda Items

If you are interested in becoming a FHIR IG Author - Dave will send you the link to attend (SEND HIM AN e-mail!)

  • Cost to attend?  It's FREE (ONC Sponsored)
  • Course is a day and a half (Wednesday/Thursday)
  • Curriculum is still being put together

Background intent is to have a pool of people to write FHIR IGs

LINK: Please e-mail David Pyke if you would like to register for this course (david.pyke@readycomputing.com)

Announcement 

Announcement : interoper   (ISA)

Deadline for comment is September 23, 2019 1150 ET ISA Comments

  • let them know DS4P FHIR IG project is underway
    • is on Security Agenda; so that we can bring input to PAC comments

Carin has published BlueButton FHIR IG 'self-attestation' to privacy and security requirements

 Carin has published a blue button IG; 

  • noted that they have federation project on their 
    • recommend invite author to CBCP/Security - discuss their privacy/security considerations 
    • Author:  Amol Vyas amol.vyas@cambiahealth.com (Cambia Health)

Suggest that Security and CBCP WGs monitor Carin BlueButton FHIR IG "self-attestation" to privacy and security requirements, and seek collaboration on attestation criteria.
Note that "Consent Federation" is a project on their roadmap. Suggest that we invite Amol Vyas, Cambria Health, to Security/CBCP call.

Amol Vyas

FHIR Consent

Next Thursday at 2PM ET is next attempt for comment resolution 

  • some open topics; new examples uploaded
  • met with patient care to talk about the use case for FHIR consent

have revised all the examples to fit the model

other changes to the documentation with minor changes; need to vet the changes before bringing forward to the WG


 Additional agenda Items?None brought forward 
Adjournment Meeting adjourned at 0938 Arizona Time (Suzanne )Temporary Meeting Recording:  https://fccdl.in/zAi7Eke0ce



Attendees

Present

Name

Affiliation


xNameAffiliation
x

Johnathan Coleman Co-Chair audio

SRS
xVA (Book Zurman)
x

David Pyke  Co-Chair

Ready Computing

@Jim Kretz SAMHSA 

John Davis  aka Mike Davis

VA
xKathleen ConnorVA (Book Zurman)

Georgia Tech

Chris ShawnVA
xCarradora

@David Staggs
xSSA (Aegis)
x

@Laura Bright  laurabright4@gmail.com 



Altarum

@Forrest White forrest.white@altarum.orgAltarum
xGreg WhiteSRS

@Pele Yu pele.yu@archildrens.org Children's Hospital
xByLight

MDIX Inc

Kaiser

@Hannah Galvin hannah.galvin@lahey.org

Altarum 

@Amber PatelSRS

Jamie Parker   Carradora
x@Victor Vadim@medside.com (unknown last name)Medside
xHHS 

@Joseph Parker

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval


Action items Suzanne Gonzales-Webb