Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-01-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony Julian
Jean Duteau

xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
RegretsMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexCalvin Beebe

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



.








.

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-06 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from TSC e-Vote 2020-01-09 referred for discussion:
    1. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
    2. Request for Cross Group Projects WG to own Military Information Project
  4. Approval items from TSC e-Vote 2020-01-09 approved 6-0-0:
    1. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys (NHCS), Release 1, DSTU Release 1.2 – US Realm at Project Insight 1002 for 24 months
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the Mobile Health WG of the Infrastructure SD for Application Data Exchange Assessment Framework and Functional Requirements for Mobile Health at Project Insight 1599
      1. Missed the TSC PSS approval deadline for May ballot (1/5/20)
    2. Missed TSC Approval Deadline Appeal by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR-Based Quality Reporting White Paper at Project Insight 1598
    3. Recirculation Ballot Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for UDI Pattern R2 
    4. STU Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide:Consolidated CDA Templates for Clinical Notes; Occupational Data for Health Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1225 for two years
    5. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for Dental Functional Profile at Project Insight 1406
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. WG Health Measure updates for move to Confluence
    2. Cleaning up old items/moving all to Confluence - Virginia
      1. When do we stop accepting forms as word docs?
    3. Question regarding approval of ballot content on main WG call vs. project call 
      1. What further actions do we need to take?
    4. Sydney Agenda
  7. Parking Lot
    1. How much variability does the TSC want to allow in standing up Jira trackers for various product families and products not covered by product families? 
    2. Naming convention/communication to management groups 
    3. How to implement US Realm policies on use of US Core profiles and FHIR/C-CDA
    4. FAQ_Release Clarifications - questions from Mary Kay
    5. Definition of Errata and Technical Correction 
      1. ARB is preparing updates to send to SGB for review
    6. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    7. Archetype publication for CIMI
    8. Task force for review of board committees
    9. Common location for WG administrative documents - question from EST
    10. How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, HTA
    11. Review HL7 calendars after each WGM

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Rob would like to add clarification on entering ballot comments with JIRA balloting
      2. Next week we'll have a UTG demo on our 90 minute call
    3. Approve Minutes of 2020-01-06 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from TSC e-Vote 2020-01-09 referred for discussion:
    1. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
      1. Withdrawal ballot came about because people felt that notification to cochairs wasn't enough. 
      2. Anything published must go through comment-only withdrawal ballot
      3. Confusion over retired vs. withdrawn
        1. SGB will synthesize comments
    2. Request for Cross Group Projects WG to own Military Information Project
      1. Questions over why it's not PA or other WG project (PA rejected the project) and cross-group WG's ability to ballot in Organizational Support SD. TSC would have to agree to let them take on an project and allow it to ballot.
      2. Cross-Projects WG had agreed to take it on.
        1. MOTION to approve Cross-Projects WG owning military information project: Lorraine/Paul
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. JIRA balloting question:
      1. Austin states the process is the same as it always has been for FHIR ballots, except JIRA tracker items are replacing Gforge tracker items. Spreadsheets still have to be submitted with tracker item numbers.
      2. Lynn sent out clarification but it also should appear on the ballot desktop. Wayne will ask Lynn to send out another message and post on ballot desktop.
      3. Rob states that the JIRA issues that are currently in there may not have been put in correctly. Paul will raise at FMG to ensure there are no problems.
      4. Paul notes that one ballot still contains a line in it saying that reviewers of the document send their comment to an email address. There should be a technical correction and a message sent out to the ballot pool.
    2. WG Health Measure updates for move minutes to Confluence
      1. Current WG health measure says you can post minutes to Confluence of the main HL7 website. It also states that the WG page on the website must point to where your minutes are. 
      2. Proposal is to have all minutes on or linked to on Confluence and disallow posting minutes on main website.
        1. MOTION to proceed with the WG health measure to post all minutes in Confluence after the San Antonio WGM: Wayne/Lorraine
        2. Discussion over adding agendas to this motion. Decision to hold off for now.
        3. VOTE: All in favor
        4. Tony states that we need to ask people to make the names of their pages unique. Could use rules that we had used on the wiki regarding naming conventions.
    3. Cleaning up old items/moving all to Confluence - Virginia
      1. When do we stop accepting forms as word docs?
        1. Lorraine: We need to have thorough review and approval of the Confluence versions first. We need to be sure the forms are solid. Perhaps PIC or Project Services could look at them one at a time. May be premature now but need to develop a timeline. Some of this has gone slowly because we're volunteer-based.
        2. Forms that have been migrated haven't been done with much thought. They're not yet tied to any automated workflow.
        3. TSC exec will work with Josh to determine list of artifacts we need to address.
        4. Priority is getting the PSS stuff finished.
    4. Question regarding approval of ballot content on main WG call vs. project call 
      1. What further actions do we need to take?
        1. In this particular instance, the WG is CIC and they seem unwilling to crack the whip on the project that is not complying with guidelines of announcing calls, posting minutes, etc. The process is not open. Lorraine notes that the WG could refuse to approve the NIB. If work is developed outside of the rules of the DMP, that material must come back to the WG for approval. 
        2. TSC could flag that project, and when the next material comes to TSC we can stop it. 
        3. Paul suggests meeting with the cochairs.
    5. FCC issue: Dial-ins on FCC will not work for today's calls at least. Looking for solutions. The recommendation today is to use FCC for screen sharing and the old Intercall numbers for audio.
    6. Sydney Agenda
      1. TSC meets Saturday, Sunday evening, Thursday lunch
  5. Adjourned at 12:01 pm Eastern