Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2020-01-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau
John Roberts, GOM Expert
xWayne KubickxLorraine Constable
Giorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva Peters
Paul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xDavid PykexRob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xWalter Suarez (HL7 Chair) w/votexCalvin Beebe

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexRuss Ott

.




xStan Huff

.


xGreg Zeller





xKevin Baskin



Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-12-16 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from TSC e-Vote 2019-12-09  referred for discussion:
    1. Review/Approve the Product Family Setup steps from PLA
    2. Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
      1. Updated by SGB since e-Vote
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Clarification on the Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for VANGUARD Project at Project Insight 1578
    2. Project Approval Request by the PPIE WG of the Administrative SD for Dental CCD Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1553
  5. Approval items from TSC e-Vote 2019-12-16 approved:
    1. STU Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for Da Vinci Formulary Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1489
    2. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for Cross Paradigm CUI 32 CFR Part 2002, 42 CFR Part 2, and Title 38 Section 7332 Security Labeling IGs 
    3. Normative Publication Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR-S FM Release 2:  Immunization Functional Profile, Release 1 at Project Insight 1276
    4. STU Publication Request by the Public Health WG of the  Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Public Health Case Report - the Electronic Initial Case Report (eICR) Release 1, STU Release 2.0 - US Realm at Project Insight 1216
    5. Project Approval Request by the FM WG of the Administrative SD for Anaesthesia Billing Support at Project Insight 1550
  6. Approval items for this week's e-vote:
    1. Updated Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
    2. Request for Cross Group Projects WG to own Military Information Project

    3. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: National Health Care Surveys (NHCS), Release 1, DSTU Release 1.2 – US Realm at Project Insight 1002 for 24 months
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Proper home for military information project
    2. Topics for 90 minute call on 1/20
      1. UTG
    3. Topics for Sydney WGM
  8. Parking Lot
    1. Cleaning up old items/moving all to Confluence - Virginia
      1. When do we stop accepting forms as word docs?
    2. Proper place for military service information project - Jean
    3. How much variability does the TSC want to allow in standing up Jira trackers for various product families and products not covered by product families? 
    4. Naming convention/communication to management groups 
    5. Question regarding approval of ballot content on main WG call vs. project call 
    6. How to implement US Realm policies on use of US Core profiles and FHIR/C-CDA
    7. FAQ_Release Clarifications - questions from Mary Kay
    8. Cochair Handbook Task Force
    9. Project management artifact list from Project Services
    10. Definition of Errata and Technical Correction 
      1. ARB is preparing updates to send to SGB for review
    11. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    12. Archetype publication for CIMI
    13. Task force for review of board committees
    14. Common location for WG administrative documents - question from EST
    15. How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, HTA
    16. Review HL7 calendars after each WGM

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Austin welcomes visitors and new TSC member David Pyke. Calvin here as an observer today as Walter is now TSC Chair. Other visitors here to represent projects referred for discussion.
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-12-16 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Minutes approved via general consent
  2. Review action items 
  3. Approval items from TSC e-Vote 2019-12-09  referred for discussion:
    1. Review/Approve the Product Family Setup steps from PLA
      1. Questions arose around who would identify the methodology groups and common elements, etc. 
      2. PLA will add statement about risk assessment and impact and a reference to the appropriate BAM section
    2. Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards from SGB
      1. Updated by SGB since e-Vote
        • Anne Wizauerto add the updated proposed rules for lifetime of standards into TSC e-vote
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Clarification on the Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for VANGUARD Project at Project Insight 1578
      1. Concerns about the project being marked universal but has US-centric requirements. Lorraine notes there is Australian participation. 
      2. Timeline has Informative ballot in May 2020. Stan reports that there is a lot of work left to do and they haven't seen the content in the coded form, but they'd like to move this as quickly as possible. 
      3. Lorraine would like them to make sure to keep things that are realm specific as a separate artifact from the things that are universal. Lorraine states that Cognitive hasn't been involved recently and if they're still available? They are listed as an implementer. Stan will check into that. 
        1. MOTION to approve contingent on verifying that they do have two implementers, and with guidance to separate the artifacts into Universal and realm specific: Lorraine/Virginia
        2. VOTE: All in favor
      4. Mary Kay asks why they can't just have one implementer. Austin notes that it's a requirement to have two implementers for an STU. 
      5. Stan: The initial purpose of PSSs was so that everyone would have an understanding of what was happening to correlate their work. It seems to have evolved to be more than that and it's harder and harder to get a PSS approved. Austin states that we are working on streamlining the process, using Confluence to re-engineer it.
    2. Project Approval Request by the PPIE WG of the Administrative SD for Dental CCD Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1553
      1. Virginia voted negative without comment. She states that was a mistake.
        1. MOTION to approve: Virginia/David
        2. VOTE: All in favor
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Proper home for military information project
      1. Cross Group Projects WG has agreed to take on this project. Austin had suggested OO or PA. Jean states the project proponents just couldn't find a home for it; the project does, however, cross a number of groups and will coordinate across those projects. 
    2. Topics for 90 minute call on 1/20
      1. Will review the UTG project and process, including a demo.
    3. Topics for Sydney WGM
      • Anne Wizauerto set up the Sydney TSC WGM agenda page and send out for people to add things; add to next week's agenda
  6. Adjourned at 11:48 am Eastern