Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees Present

Chair:  Paul Knapp
Scribe: Anne Wizauer


Name

Calvin Beebe


Chris Chute
xLorraine Constable

Tony Julian

xPaul Knapp
xAustin Kreisler

Wayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn
xRik Smithies
xSandy Stuart


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2019-12-11 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. Review TSC e-vote comments on the Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards
    2. Request from Agile Standards Task Force for SGB to develop standard language stating that a standard has been retired and should no longer be implemented, and that current standards can be accessed on HL7.org
    3. Errata/Technical Correction Definitions from ARB
  5. Parking Lot
    1. Draft a precept that families define what conformance to a normative specification means within that product family. What are the rules around change to a normative spec? 
      1. Issue brought forward from ARB
    2. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    3. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF
    4. HTA:  Referencing external vocabulary and currency of value set content.
      1. Identify what, if any, precepts need to be created to support Referencing External Vocabulary
      2. Is Currency of Value Set Content within HTA's scope?
    5. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    6. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    7. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
      2. Management group vitality assessment precept
    8. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    9. Ballot vs. non-ballot feedback - value of membership and capacity

Minutes

  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes of 2019-12-11 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    1. Accepted via general consent
  3. Action Items
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. Review TSC e-vote comments on the Proposed Rules: Lifetime of Standards
      1. Reviewed comments
      2. Discussion over how PIC fits in to this process. There will be numerous changes in documentation due to these rules that PIC may be involved with. GOC would deal with any updates to the Essential Requirements. Wayne notes that their participation is low and they often can't meet quorum. Sandy notes there are 4 active members and their work has picked up to to cochair handbook updates, but the calls are indeed to get quorum on.
        • Anne Wizauer to add how PIC fits into the governance structure to TSC agenda
      3. Edited document
      4. Whose responsibility is it to then put together the plan to operationalize? Decision that it's TSC's responsibility. May need a separate subgroup of TSC to tackle these kinds of issues.
        1. MOTION to send back to TSC for approval: Lorraine/Sandy
        2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. Carry forward:
      1. Review comments on steps for establishing a product family 
      2. Request from Agile Standards Task Force for SGB to develop standard language stating that a standard has been retired and should no longer be implemented, and that current standards can be accessed on HL7.org
      3. Errata/Technical Correction Definitions from ARB
  5. Adjourned at 11:01 am Eastern

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knappto ask for the most current version of Currency of Value Set Content
Paul Knapp2019-08-07 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes