Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Date

 

Chair
StatusPlanned
Comments

Dial-in Number

Web session

Attendees

NameOrganization
Melva Peters (Chair)

HL7 Canada/Jenaker Consulting

Scott Robertson

Kaiser Permanente

Frank McKinney
Pooja BabbrahPOCP
Cathy GraeffSonora Advisory Group
John Hatem
Sush MithaWith Me Health
Dave HillMitre

Agenda Items and Notes

Outstanding Action Item List

Out of Cycle Meeting - Joint ISO/Pharmacy

  • Melva provided some background on joint meetings in the past
  • March 30 - April 3 - Washington
  • Ask Christian if it could be done as a video conference instead of F2F
  • Ask about specific agenda topics
  • Scott will be in attendance because he is in attendance for ISO meeting
  • Will proposed some specific topics - 

Catalogue Project

  • December 16, 2019 - no update

Updates from Workflow

  • December 16, 2019 - no topics that impact pharmacy
    • Care Team discussion - more meetings to discuss further about workflow and task
    • looked at tracker items
    • No meetings for the rest of December

Healthcare Product

  • December 16, 2019 - 2 topics of interest to Pharmacy
    • boundaries for medication and device definition for products that include devices
      • goal is to identify changes to resource documentation for when resource should be used for a specific use case
      • should come up with a list of example products where it may be unclear if it is a medication or deviceDefinition - e.g. epipen, PCA pump syringes, stents
        • may depend on where it is ordered from
      • There will be a task created for this
    • Blood administration - 3 options but no decision
      • procedure
      • medicationAdministration
      • new resource
      • Maybe using a profile on MedicationAdministration - has been discussed
      • Explore based on a pattern for procedure - for administration and documentation
      • Will set up a followup meeting - O&O, Pharmacy and Patient Care
      • Hans will be meeting with FMG
      • The requirement is coming from Quality Measure work that is underway
    • There will be Zulip chats create for these 2 topics

NCPDP Updates

  • December 16, 2019 - 
    • The NCPDP project for Consumer facing Real Time Pharmacy Benefit Check - will be started in January
    • Specialty Medication Project - will be discussed tomorrow - more information to follow

V2-FHIR Mapping

  • December 16, 2019 - Scott has been reviewing - so far, no major issues
    • Timing - Scott to develop some examples to see if requirements can be met

Projects

  • Real Time Pharmacy Benefit Check -
    • December 16, 2019 - Was sent out for QA
      • got some feedback last week at Connectathon - have completed incorporating the comments received
        • feedback was related to formatting and clarification
      • 3 remaining issues in qa.html - related to naming system - has been discussed with Grahame
      • Motion to approve the RTPBC Implementation Guide going to ballot - John/Scott - 7-0-0 Carried

Medication List

DaVinci PDeX Formulary Project

  • December 16, 2019 - IG has been reviewed by FMG
    • changes to IG publisher created errors- have been resolved
    • will meet with FMG on Wednesday

FHIR

Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers 

Key Summary T Created Updated Assignee Reporter P Status
Loading...
Refresh

Triaged Trackers

FHIR-24937 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • most are documenting in some way 
  • not sure if Epic and Cerner support this functionality
  • Have tagged Epic and Cerner in Zulip chat for feedback.
  • November 18, 2019
    • response from Danielle - currently a "waste" dispense type.  
    • different situations for insulin or morphine.  
    • need to define some use cases
    • ran out of time, continue on next call

FHIR-24831 - Getting issue details... STATUS   

  • discuss when Jean is on the call
  • November 18, 2019
    • came up during last connectathon.  the is a use case.  add to resource or as an extension
    • considering MedicationKnowledge.patientcharacteristic ...  but the point of this element is for dosing/indication.  still could work
    • tracker updated, notification to Vince McCauley

FHIR-24700 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Melva to followup with Grahame

FHIR-24690 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24651 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24101 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24100 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24099 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24098 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24097 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24096 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24095 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-24091 - Getting issue details... STATUS

FHIR-20673 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

  • reach out to John Silva with a time limit for response - otherwise we will close
  • Status now Waiting for Input
  • November 18, 2019
    • found after call: John Silva was asked for more information by Aug 15 or this tracker would be closed.  No response found,  CLOSE?

FHIR-20184 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

  • Melva Petersto look for better hierarchy in SCT
  • November 18, 2019
    • found after call:  Julie James provided feedback on SCT

FHIR-19913 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

  • This issue is related to the Zulip chat related to "infusions".  Once we have improved the value set to support "IV Push" and "IV Bolus", it should be possible to query for all medications who have a route of Intravenous, and exclude in the query those medications who have a method of IV Push or IV Bolus.
  • See Pharmacy List Topic where this same issue is discussed.   
  • Melva to reach out to Julie about how we can pick specific codes from the hierarchy
  • November 18, 2019
    • found after call:  Julie did respond

FHIR-16095 - Getting issue details... STATUS   

FHIR-15509 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

FHIR-15136 - Getting issue details... STATUS

  • Reach out to CDS to see if they have done any work in this space
  • Melva Peters Create examples from Oncology, NCPDP and #19694

Waiting for Input

FHIR-22933 - Getting issue details... STATUS   

  • Melva to reach out to requester for more information
  • Status now Waiting for Input

FHIR-17222 - Getting issue details... STATUS  

  • this tracker is about the assessment of whether Medication Request resource could support anesthesia gas orders.  We did receive a document from Anesthesia and will follow up with them about their use cases.  
  • John Hatem will follow up with anesthesia regarding pharmacy feedback and to assess next steps
  • November 18, 2019
    • no response to date from Anesthesia WG.  

Any Other Business

  • none

Next meeting

  • December 23rd meeting is cancelled
  • December 30th - will be cancelled
  • Next meeting - January 6, 2020

Action Items

  • Melva Peters Ask Christian if it could be done as a video conference instead of F2F
  • Melva Peters Ask about specific agenda topics for a joint meeting