UPDATED Gravity Project meeting schedule
- We will be moving back to weekly project meetings beginning Thursday, October 10, 2019. Meeting information will remain unchanged. Click here for upcoming meeting information. For the full meeting schedule, click here.
- We are currently working in the Food Insecurity domain. Click here for food-related terminology, definitions/descriptions, and source materials. These will be used to guide scope and community discussions around food data elements.
- Click here to access Gravity Project materials.
Join the Gravity Project
The success of the Gravity Project depends on the contribution of volunteers who are eager to make rapid progress on the standardization of social determinants of health data. We need experts to contribute to and validate definitions for SDH related data elements and value sets.
- To check your project membership status, click here. If you wish to change your membership from Other Interested Party to Committed Member, please send an email request to GravityProject@emiadvisors.net .
- NOTE: Both member types can submit comments on project documentation. However, only Committed Members may vote on final documentation. If you would like to have voting rights, please change your membership status or join the project as a Committed Member.
The Social Interventions Research and Evaluation Network (SIREN), with funding from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and in partnership with EMI Advisors, LLC, is pleased to invite you to join the Gravity Project. Driven by the growing interest in capturing social risk and protective factor data in health care settings, the Gravity Project brings industry leaders together to identify and harmonize social risk and protective factor data for interoperable electronic health information exchange.
The Gravity Project will convene a public collaborative process from April to December 2019 to accomplish the following goals for the social domains of food security, housing stability and quality, and transportation access:
- Develop use cases to support documentation of specific social domains across screening, diagnosis, goal setting, and intervention activities within EHR and related systems;
- Identify common data elements and their associated value sets to support the uses cases;
- Develop a consensus-based set of recommendations on how best to capture and group these data elements for interoperable electronic exchange and aggregation; and
- Initiate development of an HL7® Fast Health Interoperability Resource (FHIR®) Implementation Guide based on the defined use cases and associated data sets that will be finalized in the next phase of work.
Project objectives will be accomplished through weekly one-hour virtual meetings and collaborative project product development through the HL7 project confluence page.
Upcoming Gravity Project Meeting
|Homework Documents & Links|
December 12, 2019
Please note: this is the last community meeting to be held in 2019.
|4:00-5:00pm ET / 1:00-2:00pm PT|
Please log on before dialing in and enter the provided participant ID.
Meeting ID: 738 112 808
Password (for app users): gravity
(Admin note: the link above will be inactive until voting opens)
Email comments and feedback to GravityProject@emiadvisors.net
Gravity Project Steering Committee
Steering Committee meetings are currently held on the last Monday of each month.
Steering Committee Members
|Mark Carrozza||American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)|
|National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)|
|HHS Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)|
|Academy Health/ National Interoperability Collaborative|
|Andrea Gelzer||AmeriHealth Caritas|
|Tom Giannulli||American Medical Association|
|CMS Office of Minority Health|
|CMS Innovation Office (detail), Centers for Disease Control (CDC)|
|Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)|
|Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)|
|HHS Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)|
|American Hospital Association Center for Health Innovation|
|National Association of Community Health Centers (NACHC)|
|Duane Reynolds||American Hospital Association Institute for Diversity and Health Equity|
|Sheila Shapiro||UnitedHealthcare Clinical Services|
|HHS Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Innovation Center|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield Association|
|Evelyn Gallego||Program Manager||EMI Advisors, LLCemail@example.com|
|Lynette Elliott||Project Manager||EMI Advisors, LLCfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Melinda Morrow||Project Analyst||EMI Advisors, LLCemail@example.com|
|Lisa Nelson||Value Sets Subject Matter Expert||MaxMDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Linda Hyde||Value Sets Subject Matter Expert||EMI Advisors, LLCemail@example.com|
|Caroline Fichtenberg||Managing Director||SIRENfirstname.lastname@example.org|