Welcome to the Da Vinci Project. A brief introduction to the project is provided below, as well as some resources to get you started.
Da Vinci Project Background:
The goal of the Da Vinci Project is to help payers and providers to positively impact clinical, quality, cost and care management outcomes. Da Vinci stakeholders are industry leaders and health IT technical experts who are working together to accelerate the adoption of HL7 Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7® FHIR®) as the standard to support and integrate value-based care (VBC) data exchange across communities.
The project will:
- Focus on use cases linked to high volume, manual activities that would benefit from automation
- Unlock data using common APIs to empower organizations to achieve transformation to focus on outcomes and value
- Define how and where in workflows critical data for VBC is exposed and captured across partners: care teams, vendors and payers
- Position organizational success by defining standards-based approach with FHIR to power and fulfill VBC contract data requirements
- Minimize the development and deployment of unique solutions between trading partners (e.g. a payer and provider).
Components for success include:
- Committed stakeholders funding and driving VBC solutions
- HL7 FHIR Standards used to create Use Case specific Implementation Guides and Reference Implementations
- Use Case Implementation Projects
These components guide the development and deployment of interoperable solutions on a national scale.