Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 29 Next »

Weekly updates will be posted to this page to give a high level overview of the UTG project with current priorities and risks

11/18/19-11/22/19

General status and progress updates: 

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

11/11/19-11/15/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • UTG content
    • Provided requirements on CDA content cleanup to Dave 
    • Following CDA cleanup, we will move forward with manual maintenance on CDA content for future changes
    • CDA Concepts Domains to be fixed by the end of the year
  • IG Publisher
    • Identified issue with representing polyhierarchy concepts in UTG
    • More investigation is required

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

11/4/19-11/8/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Slow week as many were travelling
  • UTG Workflow
    • Tested branch creation and rendering - issue was found pushing the branch to BitBucket
      • Issue should now be fixed, although requires resolving issue with builder to test 
    • Discussed next steps on some Workflow tasks that came out of alpha testing

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/28/19-11/1/19

General status and progress updates: 

Immediate Priorities:

  • Classify UTG versioning changes by resource (major, minor or technical correction)
  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/21/19-10/25/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Three calls were held to discuss initial thoughts on versioning of vocabulary objects in UTG (10/18, 10/22, 10/23)
    • Discussion was documented on UTG Versioning page 
    • The proposal was discussed at the Main Vocab WG call on 10/24
    • The Vocab group endorsed the UTG versioning approach as currently specified and the plan move swiftly to detail what constitutes major, minor and technical correction changes for each resource type
    • Additional discussion regarding UTG versioning on the Vocab call can be viewed here: 2019-10-21 Vocab WG Call Agenda/Minutes
  • UTG content
    • Cleaned up additional external content
  • IG Publisher
  • Proposal JIRA Workflow
    • Added ability to render a branch in the IG Publisher
    • Upon entering Consensus review, a link is created systematically as part of the JIRA workflow
    • This functionality requires additional testing

Immediate Priorities:

  • Reorganize CDA content
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/14/19-10/18/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • A call was held on 10/18 to draft initial thoughts on versioning of vocabulary objects in UTG
    • Discussion was documented on UTG Versioning page 
    • Doodle poll has been sent to required participants to schedule a follow-up call to include participants who were not able to meet on 10/18
    • The goal is to have a proposal for CS and VS versioning to discuss at the next Main Vocab WG call on 10/24
  • UTG content
    • Cleaned up external content 
  • IG Publisher

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

10/7/19-10/11/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • A call is being scheduled to discuss options for versioning Vocabulary Objects in UTG next week
    • Doodle poll has been sent to required participants
    • The goal is to have a proposal for CS and VS versioning to discuss at the next Main Vocab WG call on 10/24
  • Held complete review of UTG Project Plan and tasks

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

9/30/19-10/4/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Final architecture is now in place with the new publishing mechanisms (see below).  But needs to be fully documented.
    • All UTG page generation is done first to build.fhir.org like any other IG
    • Scripts are run to create a 'release'
    • The links at terminology.hl7.org for CURRENT must be updated to put to the build, which will now always be on build.fhir.org
    • All releases will be on terminology.hl7.org servers (Amazon web services)
    • Branch rendering is automatic, and thus there will likely be much less development effort than we feared

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
    • Versioning to be discussed over the next couple of months with the main Vocabulary WG and possibly the FHIR Tracker WG
  • Redesign of the page generation and publishing
    • Document how publishing must work now
    • Dig up Grahame's link for the publishing instructions
    • Design and plan the coremif generation integration

9/23/19-9/27/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Reviewed meeting notes from Atlanta WGM
    • Created list of tasks to be added to project plan
    • All tasks to be reviewed, prioritized and added to the plan when Ted returns from ISO
  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png

Immediate Priorities:

  • Obtain level of effort for proposed architectural changes
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
    • Versioning to be discussed over the next couple of months with the main Vocabulary WG and possibly the FHIR Tracker WG

9/16/19-9/20/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Held UTG Project Update and Demonstration at Atlanta WGM during the 9/17 lunch slot, topics included:
    • Project Overview
    • Review of updated architecture
    • UTG Project Information and where to find it
    • Progress made since May WGM
    • Summary of UTG Alpha Test
    • Review of project timelines
    • Demonstration of IG Publisher rendered pages on terminology.hl7.org and the consensus review workflow
  • UTG content
    • Separated rendering and publishing manifest to drive different outputs
  • IG Publisher
    • Updated IG Publisher for UTG
    • Generated full HL7 UTG content and product line-specific manifest-driven subsets
    • Updated browsable content
    • Deployed to terminology.hl7.org
  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png

Immediate Priorities:

  • Obtain level of effort for proposed architectural changes
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Document design of publication process and continue to discuss versioning
    • Versioning to be discussed over the next couple of months with the main Vocabulary WG and possibly the FHIR Tracker WG

9/9/19-9/13/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Prepared for UTG demonstration at Atlanta WGM
    • Created slide deck
      • Overview
      • Progress since last WGM
      • Timeline
      • Demonstration
    • Planned demo
      • Updated architecture diagram
      • Voting
      • Notifications
  • IG Publisher
    • Migrated pages to terminology.hl7.org
    • Added verbiage to home page
    • Added and populated tabs for all remaining CS/VS content except external
  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

9/3/19-9/6/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Continued to investigate level of effort required for proposed architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Workflow diagram showing architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png
  • Completed a number of fixes for the UTG Editor
    • Fixed error on Filters tab 
    • Updated calendar pick date in Metadata section
    • Fixed issue with 'Update from Concepts' in Metadata section
    • Fixed error when adding Contributor
    • Removed Editorial History section for Concepts
  • IG Publisher
    • Completed set up development environment required for implementing IG publisher
    • Continued to populate tabs and content

Immediate Priorities:

  • Plan demo for Atlanta WGM
  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

8/26/19-8/30/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Continued to discuss and design architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
    • Completed workflow diagram to show architectural changes: flow_ver8p0.png
  • Completed UTG Alpha testing 
  • Submitter workflow
    • Resolved issue where submitter could not abandon a proposal
  • Reviewer workflow
    • Resolved issue with too many notifications
  • UTG Editor
    • Sent list of bugs to Grahame and most have been fixed but will require testing when new package is available
  • Began to set up development environment required for implementing IG publisher

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

8/19/19-8/23/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Continued to discuss and design architectural changes
    • Right now the notions that are being pursued are:

      1.  Keep BitBucket and SourceTree as currently implemented for proposal creation
      2. On move into consensus review, copy the BitBucket branch to a newly created branch in the main Git UTG repo from which the rendering can be done
      3. Place the links to the rendered proposal content into the ticket and send for consensus review
      4. On Approval, merge the Git branch to the Git Master and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
      5. On Rejection, Withdrawal, or return to draft, remove and abandon the Git branch, and cleanup the rendered temporary pages
  • Started Reviewer Alpha testing 
    • Testing has been extended to Tuesday 8/27 as some testers were travelling this week
    • About half of the volunteers have completed testing
  • Reviewer workflow
    • Implemented notifications in Jira
    • Notifications active within Jira and via email if watching issue or tagged in a comment
    • Implemented proposal expiry
    • Fixed issue allowing users to vote multiple times
  • IG Publisher
    • Rendered content working again
  • Content
    • Updated v2 content from harmonization

Immediate Priorities:

  • Deal with remaining Canadian URI issues
  • Continue architecture discussions
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram to reflect architecture changes
  • Complete testing report following completion of Alpha Testing

8/12/19-8/16/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha testing 
    • The submitter group completed official testing the proposal submission workflow (including install of tooling)
      • Some results are still trickling in
    • Planned for reviewer group testing
      • Held training session with reviewer group
      • Reviewed and updated test scenarios
      • Testing to occur through next week
  • UTG Content
    • Updated uris from Canada

Immediate Priorities:

  • Discuss feasibility of using BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

8/5/19-8/9/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha testing (scheduled through 8/9)
    • The submitter group is currently testing the proposal submission workflow (including install of tooling)
    • PM continues to respond to questions and issues found during testing, including scheduling meetings to review
    • Began planning for reviewer alpha testing
      • Reached out for additional testers
      • Reviewed and updated test scripts
      • Defined plan for covering all voting scenarios
  • UTG Content
    • Naming System resources added to UTG

Immediate Priorities:

  • Meet with Grahame about open tasks
  • Reviewer alpha testing
    • Hold meeting to go over testing with reviewer group
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

7/29/19-8/2/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha testing (scheduled through 8/9)
    • The submitter group is currently testing the proposal submission workflow (including install of tooling)
    • PM is responding to questions and issues found during testing
  • UTG Content
    • Work is in progress to add Naming System resources to UTG

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue to support summer alpha testing
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

7/22/19-7/26/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha test prep
    • Held two meetings to walk submitter group through process for alpha testing
      • Submitters have Jira logins and understand the process for setting up tools, where to find the documentation, have test scripts, etc.
      • Identified issues installing Sourcetree, that has been sorted out and documented
  • JIRA Workflow
    • Improved administrative workflow steps
    • Worked through configuration issues 

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Testing to begin after harmonization
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

7/15/19-7/19/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Alpha test prep
    • Documentation efforts in progress 
      • Submitter and reviewer documentation complete
    • Test scripts complete 
    • A meeting has been scheduled for 7/22 to walk submitter group through the testing process
  • Updated reviewer submitter and reviewer workflow processes to align with Github integration

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Work with testing group to ensure they have good understanding of testing process / goals
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update workflow diagram

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

7/8/19-7/12/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Held UTG Project Review with HL7
    • Reviewed timelines, open tasks, risks, etc. 
    • German translation and CDA content work ON HOLD
  • All hands on deck to prepare for summer alpha testing that will follow Harmonization in late July
    • Documentation efforts in progress   
    • Riki Merrick, Sheila Abner, Kathleen Connor, Rob Hausam, Joel Francis, and Michael Stevens have agreed to test
  • Continued testing of Github/BitBucket integration
  • Documented new proposal submission workflow process (to be available on Confluence shortly)

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Ensure documentation is complete (many updates required with decision to use GitHub with workflow)
    • Complete testing scripts
  • Complete and test GitHub integration with JIRA via BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

7/1/19-7/5/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • Tested core MIF generation
    • No new issues detected, corrected issues being verified
    • The MIF is valid and loads into RoseTree
  • All hands on deck to prepare for summer alpha testing that will follow Harmonization in late July
    • Documentation efforts in progress   
    • Riki Merrick, Sheila Abner, Kathleen Connor, Rob Hausam, and Joel Francis have agreed to test
  • It was decided that the submission workflow should integrate with GitHub 
    • The team will be touching base early next week to continue initial testing efforts
  • The CDA/Trifolia content provided by the CDA Management Group is still not clean
    • Ted is going through the content by hand and determining what is valid/not valid and will return the information to the CDA Management Group

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Ensure documentation is complete (many updates required with decision to use GitHub with workflow)
    • Complete testing scripts
  • Complete and test GitHub integration with JIRA via BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update manifests and document purpose of each manifest
  • Update CDA/Trifolia content based on newly acquired list

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July

6/24/19-6/28/19

General status and progress updates: 

  • All hands on deck to prepare for summer alpha testing that will follow Harmonization in late July
    • Riki Merrick, Sheila Abner, Kathleen Connor, Rob Hausam, and Joel Francis have agreed to test
  • It was decided that the submission workflow should integrate with GitHub 
    • This will ensure submitters can edit the same content and GitHub will manage changes/conflicts
    • Reviewers will not be required to download tooling to view submitted changes
    • A separate GitHub repository will be created for submitters
    • Josh has already implemented BitBucked to integrate JIRA with GitHub - testing to occur late this week
  • A list of CDA/Trifolia content has been provided for use with UTG

Immediate Priorities:

  • Continue prep for summer alpha testing
    • Setup testers in JIRA
    • Ensure documentation is complete (many updates required with decision to use GitHub with workflow)
    • Complete testing scripts
  • Complete and test GitHub integration with JIRA via BitBucket
  • Create verbiage and documentation for rendered pages
  • Update manifests and document purpose of each manifest
  • Test coremif generation (for content verification)
  • Update CDA/Trifolia content based on newly acquired list

Risks:

  • IG Publisher is dependent on Grahame who is away through the end of July


  • No labels