Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/vocab

Date

Time

3:30PM EST (UTC-5).  Note that the clocks in the US have gone off of summer time!

Attendees

Planned Agenda Topics

  1. Roll call and Agenda check (Ted)
    Call commenced at 3:35 PM with quorum reached and good attendance. 
    Item 9 added below.   

  2. Announcements (all)
    •  Harmonization Final Proposal deadline is in a bit over a week - November 29. 

  3. Action Items Check  (Ted)
    No updates for completed items.  Examination of open tasks on main Confluence Page:.  Decided not to review the open action items on this call. 

  4. Sydney WGM Agenda Planning (Ted)
    Can be found here.   We moved a few items around and added topics to some of the slots.  
    1. Reuben will attend, as will Carmela, Peter, Davera
    2. We need to verify the CIMI quarter; if it will not happen then we need to use this quarter for FHIR Tracker items.   If we do have a full CIMI quarter, then we need to figure out where else we can find time for FHIR Tracker Items.
    3. Carol will determined if the Thursday Q3 EST hosting leaves us a room; we have assigned this quarter for additional work on FHRI tracker items.
    4. a vocab room or not; if we do have a room, then that is also a candidate pace for additional time for FHIR tracker items.

  5. UTG Update
    All information is posted on the UTG confluence pages.
    Focus on completing remaining development efforts to get a full functional system by Christmastime. 
    1.  Major improvement in the content rendering, we now have all planned tabs in place
    2. Content errors easier to see so we can list them to be fixed.
    3. Need final decision on the implementation of the polyhierarchy design for the resources so that we can implement any needed change
    4. Have a number of IGPublisher issues, including the internally generated html <href> links from the value set expansions are not pointing to the UTG content, but rather back to the FHIR R4 content.
    5. Still unknown the status of the 64 bit update for the tools
    6. Josh is actively working on finalizing the sync issues between GitHub and BitBucket; we have now a fully documented flow and state model and we think the update to the design will be bulletproof.
    7. Must schedule the in-depth TSC demo for mid-January.
    8. Must determine any ONC demo for Sydney
    9. Need to begin discussions of IGs.

  6. FHIR Tracker Items (Rob Hausam)
    Details from the tracker calls reviewed and documented on the November 7 call; notes can be found here

    Comprehensive list of tracker items can be found here

    Rob H noted that there are still come open questions about dealing with ConceptMap related tracker items that have just been discussed in Amsterdam and DevDays this week.   For changes to the codes new tickets will have to entered.

  7. Gender Harmony Project Update (Carol/Rob M) 
    Item tabled, out of time.

  8. Liaison Reports   out of time, item tabled
    a. ISO (Ted)Ted and Rob Hausam both attended the ISO TC215 meeting currently in Daegu, South Korea.  Next ISO TC 215 meeting end of March in Washington DC (Arlington).   Confirmation for Fall 2020 meeting in India.

    b. LOINC (Ted/Rob H) - Ted attended the LOINC meeting in Spain.  Next LOINC meeting will be in Indianapolis...

    c. SNOMED (Rob H/Reuben/Peter) - Rob Hausam and Carol attended the last meeting in Kuala Lumpur, Malasia.


  9. New Business -
    1. Rob McClure wants to talk about a set of profiles that he and Bryn put together to lay out how to profile the valueSet resource to make them usable.  Details at http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/cqf-recommendations/branches/master/documentation-terminology.html
      Rob walked us through the 3 major components of this approach as an introduction to the topic, as a way to profile value sets and get around the issues with many servers (such as HAPI) do not allow use of cached value set expansions.   This represents a sophisticated and complete approach to this implementation problem, and is consistent with all of the work done on the FHIR/VSD profiling project.  Rob would like the Vocabulary WG to think about adding this as part of a base set of useful profile that are recommended for the community to use when they are dealing with these problems and looking for solutions.
       

  10. Next call items - 
    1. Do the needed block votes on the FHIR tracker items.
       

Call adjourned at 5:03 pm. Next call in two weeks on December 5th, same call-in and screen share credentials. 

Action items

  • Russell Hamm reach out to Susan Matney about the CIMI quarter and her attendance at the WGM
  • Ted Klein reach out to Dave Hamill re: a UTG demo for ONC in Sydney WGM
  •