Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

HL7 PIC Meeting Minutes

Phone: +1 770-657-9270, Participant Code: 379807


Date: 2019 11 13
Time: Noon PM Eastern

Facilitator

: Sandy

Note taker(s)

 - Sandy

 

Attendee

Name

Affiliation

Regrets

Sandy Stuart (Co-Chair)

Kaiser Permanente

X

Ken Rubin (Interim Co-Chair)

VA

X

Karen Van Hentenryck

HL7

X

Frieda Hall


X

Chuck Meyer


X

Wayne Kubick

HL7










(mark x if on the conference call, or regrets)

(In this section, list those on the conference call)

(In this section, record attendee affiliation to identify preponderance of influence; indicate those guests that are not members of the WG.)




 

Quorum Requirements Met:

 






Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda Review
  2. Approve Minutes of WGM.   Accepted with quorum.
  3. GOM Items Review  (RC1909 Hall comments resp by Meyer_fh.docx)
    1. ITEM 1 :  Proxies for Voting Reps and Key Voting Rep role.
      1. Discussion about the use of proxy statements and the role of Key Voting Representatives managing that within their organizations, particularly when a named voter is no longer available. 
      2. Onus is on the key voting representative maintaining this list and providing it for ANSI audit.
      3. Will create templates for key members to implement proxies within their institution adapting from the GOM. 
    2. ITEM 2:  Concur with Frieda recommendation as to the role of GOC TSC Liaison
    3. ITEM 3:  Naming convention of standard reference includes family, version, release, etc.  Seems redundant.  Seek to simplify.  Issue will be raised through liaison.
    4. ITEM 4:  Concerns about "stacking" votes for e-elections.  Introducing potential appeals process.  Recommendation is to defer consideration of this.  Frieda agreed to withdraw this comment.
    5. ITEM 5:  Recommendation to allow workgroups to reduce number of co-chairs, informing HQ if/when that happens.
  4. Brainstorm:  Explore how PIC can be more effectively engaged to support CTO and HQ
    1. Wayne:  Trying to make a number of process changes, address legacy stuff.  1)  More suggestions about PIC about opportunities to make things easier in HL7.  2) Co-Chair handbook update.  Want to migrate and update this.  Need to get engagement on this.   Intent is that this will be a living document.  We are in transition, so we have historical version, wiki version, and confluence version. 
    2. Working on a revised standards process for artifacts that are not going normative.  How do address these activities without the burden of normative. 
    3. Frieda :  Some Jira comments have been created around the co-chair handbook based on her review.  We have created duplication / redundancy within the document that needs to be addressed.
    4. Might consider asking co-chairs about the handbook and when they last referenced it; how often they use it.  Awareness, impact, efficacy.  Survey?
  5. Sydney Plans
  6. PIC Article for Next Meeting Cycle
    1. Co-Chair handbook reboot
  7. Standard Briefing Template
  8. Adjournment 

  1. Review Action Items
    1. Ken will take action to propose DMP language in response to item #4 based upon an elapsed number of calendar days, avoiding work-week disparities.  (e.g., 5 calendar days).
    2. Karen to find co-chair handbook and add a link from the PIC page
    3. Karen to draft a one-pager explaining responsibilities of a mentor
    4. Ken to distribute the mentor one-pager to co-chairs.

Tasks

  • Type your task here, using "@" to assign to a user and "//" to select a due date
  • Karen Van will extract GOM languange around use of proxy statements for deisgnated org voting reps and create a template.
  • Wayne will invite PIC to worksession around non-normative HL7 artifacts.
  • Ken - Create a biweekly 90 minute call to get this - worksessions.  Will send out a doodle and get this scheduled. 
  • Create co-chair handbook survey
  • Will work with targeted HL7 report-out audiences to leverage the Standards Briefing Template.  Ken will re-surface to Wayne.