Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2019-11-18
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean Duteau
John Roberts, GOM Expert
xWayne KubickxLorraine Constable
Giorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xFloyd Eisenberg
Rob McClurexRiki Merrick
Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xCalvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/votexChristopher LindopxWalter SuarezxAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexLloyd McKenzie

.




xIsaac Vetter

.








Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-11-04 TSC Agenda/Minutes
  2. Review action items –
  3. FHIRCast
    1. Ownership of the project
    2. Quality concerns
  4. Approval items from the week of 11/04 e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. New Work Group Request: Patient Empowerment (PE) WG, proposed to be under the Administrative SD
    2. Review/comment on proposed GOM revisions
      1. Review will continue this week for discussion on 11/25
  5. Approval items from the week of 11/04 approved 8-0-0
    1. STU Extension Request by the Structured Documents WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 FHIR US Core Implementation Guide STU 3.1.0 at Project Insight 1372
    2. Normative Publication Request by the ITS WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: FHIRPath, Release 1 at Project Insight 1237
    3. STU Publication Request by the Clinical Genomics WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Clinical Genomics, Release 1 at Project insight 1217
    4. STU Publication Request from the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for Data Exchange for Quality Measures STU1 for FHIR STU3 Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1429
    5. STU Publication Request for Quality Measure Implementation Guide STU1 for FHIR STU3 at Project Insight 1499
    6. Project Approval Request from the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for BRIDG 2020 Update at Project Insight 1574
    7. Request from the US Realm Steering Committee to appoint Laura Conn to the USRSC as public health representative
  6. Approval items from the week of 11/11 e-vote approved 5-0-0:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Gravity Project SDOH Data Elements FHIR IG at Project Insight 1567
    2. TSC Approval Extension Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for Single Institutional Review Board Project (sIRB)
    3. Project Approval Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD to Reaffirm HL7 Version 3 Standard: Implantable Device Cardiac - Follow-up Device Summary, Release 2 at Project Insight 1362
    4. STU Publication Request by the Pharmacy WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Pharmacy Templates, Release 2 at Project Insight 1139
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    1. CARIN Blue Button - concern raised on FMG regarding reuse of Blue Button name
  9. Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Visitors here for FHIRCast topic
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Migration from Gforge to JIRA occurred successfully over the weekend
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-11-04 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items –
  3. FHIRCast
    1. Ownership of the project
      1. TSC had made a recommendation that the project consider InM being the sponsor of the project. What was the result of that discussion? This is similar to what CCOW did in the past, which InM is responsible for.  Tony reports that II was reluctant to transfer ownership. Isaac states that the community of implementers is within the imaging integration space. They were going to go through the publication process and then talk about giving ownership of the standard to InM. Lorraine notes that the use cases extend beyond imaging and II is the wrong long-term space. Isaac proposes moving after STU2. There are no use cases outside imaging at this point. Lorraine: It's got applicability across the board, and other people who will be affected by the standard aren't aware of it. 
        1. InM and II to periodically update the TSC on the progress of the transition of FHIRCast ownership
    2. Quality concerns
      1. Quality problems were raised at TSC review. Paul notes that we were looking at the wrong version of the document that didn't have the issues identified, which means that the publication request was incorrect. Isaac directs the group to fhircast.org. Lorraine notes that this is not an HL7-managed platform. Isaac states the source files are on HL7 Github. Austin notes that some of the source material is in Google docs. All source material needs to be on HL7 managed platforms. Discussion over best practice in this situation. Austin asks if FMG is doing quality checks when the publication requests come in? Lloyd states that it varies. This should have gotten a more rigorous review. Need to provide people with guidance that they needs to use generally accessible tools for material. Isaac notes that there are many IGs that have images without source material - should be part of a checklist. Wayne expresses confusion and concern about fhircast.org. 
        1. FMG should work with II to do a more rigorous QA review of the material before bringing the FHIRCast publication request back for approval
  4. Approval items from the week of 11/04 e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. New Work Group Request: Patient Empowerment (PE) WG, proposed to be under the Administrative SD
      1. Issues raised over the necessity of the WG and the steering division.
      2. Lloyd has been heavily involved with the group and can represent. Melva supports the need for patient advocacy input but doesn't support it as a WG. The WG proposal inaccurately reflected the board motion in support of patient engagement. Not sure if the people on the interim list of cochairs are HL7 members. Lloyd: The rationale for it being a WG is that it will create standards content in the area of patients requesting corrections of errors in the record, guidance to authors of patient-facing applications, etc. They also want to cosponsor projects when appropriate. Their primary focus is going to be engagement with other WGs and we have an established process for that type of engagement. The rationale for Administrative SD is that it has WGs that tend to have cross-WG responsibilities. Floyd: We need a place for people to convene who want to impact many resources and WGs. The Cross Group Projects WG might be a good spot to put them as a subgroup, perhaps. Lloyd disagrees. Wayne notes that he and Austin should have another conversation about this in light of the TSC comments. 
        1. Continue discussion next week. Send concrete recommendations to Austin on how to resolve.
          • Anne Wizauerto set up a confluence page for discussion on the Patient Empowerment WG formation request
    2. Review/comment on proposed GOM revisions
      1. Review will continue this week for discussion on 11/25
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. CARIN Blue Button - concern raised on FMG regarding reuse of Blue Button name
      1. Lloyd reports that the question is whether or not Blue Button is a restricted label. 
        1. Carry forward
  7. Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern