Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees Present

Chair:  Paul Knapp
Scribe: Anne Wizauer  


Name
x

Calvin Beebe


Lorraine Constable
xChris Chute

Tony Julian

xPaul Knapp

Ewout Kramer
xAustin Kreisler
RegretsWayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn
xRik Smithies
xSandy Stuart


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes 2019-10-30 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  3. Action Item Review
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. External Terminologies page/document - action item to forward to HTA was unassigned last week
    2. From Agile Standards Task Force: SGB should set up rules around retiring standards of each type (Informative, STU, Normative)
  5. Parking Lot
    1. Draft a precept that families define what conformance to a normative specification means within that product family. What are the rules around change to a normative spec? 
      1. Issue brought forward from ARB
    2. Definition of specification - from 2019-04-24 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    3. Create a plan for BAM guidance on process for product adoption/how are new products introduced
      1. How do we implement the BAM? SAIF
    4. HTA:  Referencing external vocabulary and currency of value set content.
      1. Identify what, if any, precepts need to be created to support Referencing External Vocabulary
      2. Is Currency of Value Set Content within HTA's scope?
    5. Large group engagement for standards development

      1. risks/precepts

    6. Precept on mapping coordination - mappings should be a component of cross-family projects. How to represent mapping in a standardized way? 
    7. Ownership of content/precept on coordination with domain committees 
      1. Issue is around products crossing multiple product families - who owns those?
        1. Draft Precept: The family of the wire format is the responsible family, and the management group of that family would manage it.
    8. Management group vitality assessment precept
    9. Precepts We Need to Develop - prioritize/analyze risk
    10. Ballot vs. non-ballot feedback - value of membership and capacity


Minutes

  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes 2019-10-30 SGB Agenda/Minutes
    1. Accepted via general consent
  3. Action Item Review
  4. Discussion Topics
    1. External Terminologies page/document - action item to forward to HTA was unassigned last week
      • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
    2. From Agile Standards Task Force: SGB should set up rules around retiring standards of each type (Informative, STU, Normative)
      1. Austin: Need some automated rules on how to handle various standards in regards to retiring them. For instance, according to today's rules, our former standards sit out there indefinitely and could be either considered active or stable forever. On the other hand, STUs expire and how should they be handled? Automatically retired but still accessible as retired?
      2. Informatives seem to live on forever. Normatives have 5 years until they must be reaffirmed. Perhaps Informatives should also have 5 years and then a review step if it's been untouched or simply retire it. STUs are trickier, especially those cited in regulation. Some live on due to extensions or special cases. The others should just be marked as retired.
      3. What if we retire things that are actively used in the marketplace? They'll be available on the grid but filtered out on the main view. 
      4. Once the STU has expired without renewal, the committee has to do a withdrawal.
      5. Reviewed withdrawal chart. Currently some withdrawn standards are removed and go poof - that shouldn't happen. Someone should always be able to find a document. 
      6. Discussion over distinction between withdrawn and retired.
      7. What if everything, whether it is published, ANSI-approved or not - goes to retired and remains available as an artifact with whatever rank it last held at the point of retirement? Are there circumstances where we want to actually throw something away? V3 has a nullified state. Things that were never published could be nullified. 
      8. The top row on the withdrawal grid shouldn't be available. A published normative standard after withdrawal should still have a download source. Nothing should be irretrievable. Things that haven't been published never made it to the standards grid in the first place and are a different category.
      9. Perhaps things that have never been published can only be archived; things that have been published can only be retired. Should happen automatically at the ends of their lifetimes. HQ would notifiy the WG that if they don't take action, it will automatically be archived or retired depending on publication status.
      10. Withdrawal is the process that leads to the status of retired or archived.
      11. An automated process would avoid ballot processes.
      12. Discussion over the use of the ballot process for withdrawals. 
      13. Under our normal rules, we have several versions of FHIR that people are actively using and developing fresh stuff against, so they would all be considered active. 
        • Paul Knappwill make a first draft of the retired/withdrawn rules and distribute for comment.
  5. Adjourned at 11:00 am Eastern

 

OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes