Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/vocab

Date

Time

3:30PM ET (UTC-4)

Attendees

Agenda Topics and Notes

  1. Roll call and Agenda check (Ted)
    Call commenced at 3:35PM with quorum reached and good attendance.  Item about harmonization brought up and added.

  2. Announcements (all)
    • No new announcements.
    • Issue with the Vital Signs value set discovered yesterday and folks will meet this week to figure out how to address the issues.

  3. Action Items Check  (Ted)
    No updates for completed items.  Folks are strongly encouraged to look at their Tasks list in Confluence to close some of the open tasks.

  4. Sydney WGM Agenda Planning (Carol Macumber)
    Can be found here.   No changes.   Cochairs are strongly encouraged to document confirmed attendance or absence for the sessions.

  5. UTG Update (Ted)
    Work has resumed to complete the remaining items.  Plan is to have a formal in-depth review of UTG in mid-January.  Ted will send out a Doodle, plan 2 hour session online.  We still expect and hope that we will be able to go live with UTG for HL7 vocabulary maintenance and publishing between Sydney and San Antonio next year.  Discussions underway with FHIR-I for the value sets, and also the 'internal' code systems migration.  Discussions underway to coordinate any go-live with CDA/Trifolia.   All information is posted on the UTG confluence pages.

  6. Versioning of Vocabulary Objects - code systems, value sets, naming systems, concept maps (Ted)
    Many open questions on policy for assigning and updating, as well as what should be the syntax (ie simple integer, or semantic versioning, or something else).   How to set up the versions when we go I've with UTG (ie do we migrate/persist the old versions from v2 and v3?).    We need to have a UTG Confluence page for the versioning (if not already, must be created).  Ted and Carol and Reuben and Rob H and Reece will work on the initial policy and syntax draft for that page.  Ted will add his initial thoughts on it asap, and Carol will send out a Doodle poll to find a time for a call to flesh it out.


  7. FHIR Tracker Items (Rob Hausam)
    1. GF#16364 - Concept Map Equivalence - Mapping Direction Disconnect in Definitions (Carmela Couderc)
       We had a robust decision to clarify the meaning and definitions for these directional relationship codes.  Rob H showed how SKOS has addressed the same problem, and recommends that we changed the definitions to match what SKOS has done.   Carmela recommends to change the code itself so that if folks do not have a display name or view the definition still will see a better meaning.  Motion made by Rob H to adopt the language of SKOS to fix the issue, and to change the codes to "has broader concept", "has narrower concept", etc. for all the codes, and the display names.   Motion tabled until next call as we ran out of time.   Discussion will continue on zulip to get input from Michael Lawley and Grahame at least.

  8. Gender Harmony Project Update (Carol/Rob M) 
    Approved Gender Identity definition crafted and voted on at the ATL May WGM.  This definition was reviewed on the call Monday, and there is now an agreement.  These are done.
    Started on definition for Legal Gender/Sex.   Both can be found here.  Do not yet have a draft, but getting closer.   Calls are every other Monday.  Overall goal to have an informative set of agreed definitions for all of these bits and pieces of this problem.    Carmela has entered a tracker item #24899 for the mapping between V2 and V3 in this space.

  9. Liaison Reports
    a. ISO (Ted)Many ballots opening and completing in TC215, and including a new SR ballot on the RIM.   Plenary first week of November in Daegu, Korea. where Ted will attend, as will Rob H (covering for Wayne and Ed at the JIC)..    Ted and Rob will discuss the WG coverage.  

    b. LOINC (Ted/Rob H) - Registration for Fall meeting in Barcelona October 23-25 still open.  Ted will be attending, and help run the Clinical LOINC meeting on Friday 10/25.

    c. SNOMED (Rob H/Reuben) - July 2019 International Edition has been released. Free SNOMED subsets has been released and is available in the refset tool, and the Global Patient Set on whic is being distributed in a TSV rather than RF2.  Working on IGs for SNOMED on FHIR and hopefully will be ready for some review for the Malaysia meeting the end of October in Kuala Lumpur, with Carol and Rob H and Peter Jordan.  


  10. New Business -
    1. Harmonization item (Rob McClure).  the media type proposal will be resubmitted as originally submitted 

  11. Next call items - 
    1. Complete the decision on tracker item GF#16364 - on the concept map equivalence clarification
       

Call adjourned at 5:02 pm. Next call in two weeks on October 24, same call-in and screen share credentials. Note that Ted will be unavailable, in Barcelona at LOINC meeting.  We need someone else to run the call. Carol will chair the call on October 24. 

Action  items

  •