Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2019-10-07
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler
Tony JulianxJean DuteauxJohn Roberts, GOM Expert
xWayne KubickRegretsLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli

ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva PetersxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xFloyd Eisenberg
Rob McClurexRiki MerrickxVirginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xCalvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/votexDave Hill

xAnne Wizauer

Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote



.








.

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-09-30 TSC Agenda/Minutes
    4. Cochair election cycle - need to stagger terms
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7-0-0:
    1. STU Publication Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Health Services Platform (HSP) Marketplace Release 2 STU 1 at Project Insight 1436 for 2 years
  3. Approval items for this week:
    1. TSC Mission and Charter Review
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. MITRE project
    2. MOTION to allow Austin or Wayne to review/approve upcoming publication requests for US Core and the C-CDA Companion Guide due to impending US regulatory requirements
    3. Followup on TSC retreat idea
    4. FHIR Ballot Review Checklist
    5. Action item review
  5. Parking Lot
    1. How much variability does the TSC want to allow in standing up Jira trackers for various product families and products not covered by product families? 
    2. Naming convention/communication to management groups 
    3. Question regarding approval of ballot content on main WG call vs. project call 
    4. How to implement US Realm policies on use of US Core profiles and FHIR/C-CDA
    5. FAQ_Release Clarifications - questions from Mary Kay
    6. Cochair Handbook Task Force
    7. Project management artifact list from Project Services
    8. Definition of Errata and Technical Correction 
      1. Tony will investigate status.
    9. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    10. Archetype publication for CIMI
    11. Task force for review of board committees
    12. Common location for WG administrative documents - question from EST
    13. How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, HTA


Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Dave Hill here to discuss MITRE project
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. Reviewed; no additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-09-30 TSC Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent
    4. Cochair election cycle - need to stagger terms
      1. Austin notes that WGs are grappling with the fact that many of their cochairs will be up for re-election at the same time. Need to identify who will serve one year and who will serve two.  Sandy asks about non-participatory cochairs. Austin states it is up to the WGs to identify those cochairs and deal with them through a motion. Virginia notes this should be in cochair training. Could be a very uncomfortable situation. Sandy states it should be reiterated in steering division meetings that if you can't attend you should step down. Austin: We could also consider making a change to the GOM.
  2. Discussion topics:
    1. MITRE project
      1. Austin states that the TSC learned that MITRE was having difficulty finding a home WG for their project intended to ballot in May 2020. As part of that discussion, it was surfaced that the project doesn't intend to put forth a new standard for HL7 to adopt - it was intended that the material would be reviewed by HL7 but not published through HL7. Is that a correct characterization? Dave from MITRE responds that they are trying to create a public FHIR API for post-acute care facilities as mandated in the Impact Act to report their patient assessments. The idea is that facilities can report the data in the same standardized way to be shared and used for analytics. The idea is to not have a proprietary interface but to have a public API. Austin asks if they are intending to retain ownership of the IG? Dave states that yes, that is their intention. Jean notes that when you bring it to HL7 it becomes HL7 IP. Dave responds that the idea was to get as many people to see what they're doing and gather feedback through a comment ballot. Austin: Comment ballots are typically used to answer questions and iron out problems. Austin: For this to move forward as an HL7 project, the IP issue needs to be resolved. Paul: The GOM states that people can come in to use the ballot machinery, but that has to be decided at the top level and a cost is involved. Austin: Even that path ends with two groups asserting joint copyright or it's HL7 IP. Jean: The issue remains of finding a WG to sponsor the project. Patient Care and/or FHIR-I would seem to make sense. Dave: Patient Care WG thought that it was dealing with areas that they didn't have direct control over. This is crossing a lot of different areas and wasn't solely based on patient care. Virginia: CBCC supports behavioral health and long term care; might they be a possibility? Dave states that may make sense. Austin: That would be fine but the core issue of the IP must be ironed out first. Floyd notes they could use the FHIR Community Process. Not sure if that's been formalized yet. Melva: It's not close to being ready yet. 
    2. MOTION to allow Austin or Wayne to review/approve upcoming publication requests for US Core and the C-CDA Companion Guide due to impending US regulatory requirements: Wayne on behalf of the TSC executive committee/Calvin
      1. Both will be cited in upcoming regulations and we need to make sure nothing gets held up. Discussion over ramifications of these being late. Austin confirms that this is just for these two items; does not set precedent for other publication requests. Sandy suggests we send it as an e-vote first and if we don't get quick response then Austin and Wayne could make the decision. Wayne suggests the project teams could come to TSC when they're close to sending the request to report on where things are at. Virginia suggests breaking this into two decisions.
      2. MOTION to table the issue until the groups come to discuss the publications with TSC: Paul/Sandy
      3. VOTE: All in favor
    3. Follow up on TSC retreat idea
      1. We have board approval to explore the idea. The current plan is that the TSC would meet after the board retreat on the Friday/Saturday. Austin wants to make sure this idea is supported by the TSC. Sandy thought we were meeting one quarter with the Board and then follow with a day after. Calvin: Would need to engage with Walter on that idea. Austin: The original intent was for the TSC to have a similar event to the board retreat. The rationale to combine with the board retreat was simply logistical - one trip instead of two. Sandy suggests that Austin propose the thought of a quarter with the board and then do Friday/Saturday. Would need specific agenda items for the board; could be giving them a better understanding of what the TSC does. Wayne states that we could do that at a regular board meeting rather than the retreat. 
        • Austin Kreisler will contact Walter to see if he's open to the idea of TSC presenting at a quarter of the board retreat, and what the goals/objectives would be
    4. Carry forward:
      1. FHIR Ballot Review Checklist
      2. Action item review
  3. Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern