Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 23 Current »

Date:  

Quarter: Q3


Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Welcome and Introductions - Melva
    • Welcome to Montreal, Canada by Melva 
    • Welcome to Saudi Arabia
    • Count of proxies/chairs - 18.
    • Presentations around the room.
    • Slovenia and Philippines has been terminated as Affiliates.

  • Review of the agenda - Melva
    • Small updates - please see agenda
    • Please put your presentations on Confluence

  • HL7 International Board Report & Welcome - Calvin Beebe
    • Presentations is added to the agenda.
    • Updates from the board
    • How to strengthen the Affiliates
  • CEO report
    • NRPM: Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (US centric)
      • One from ONC and one from CMS
      • How these rules will impact HL7
        • The rules will make an decision on witch Release to make as a rule to use.
      • What does this mean to HL7 International
        • Will not impact the Affiliates directly, but will affect the WG and the international participants there.
        • HL7 will check with the co-chairs and make sure that the proposed dates are possible to reach.
    • HL7 FHIR Accelerator program
      • New members will join - new projects from US
      • Different from FHIR Community Process
      • DaVinci and Argonaut project has an enormous impact on the FHIR work. They are well founded and very popular.
      • The participant is not interested in implementations guides or profiles. They want to use FHIR.
      • HL7 Australia has started HL7 Argonaut Australia. Recommends others to follow. Makes localization of the project.
      • Links of the Accelerator program and answer to a lot of questions are added in the presentation attached. 
      • There are three stages of FHIR acceleration
    • HL7 Collaborations
      • The ones that are important collaborations: HIMSS, IHE,  AMA, 
    • Growing HL7 Affiliate Support
      • Technical influence - Jira and Confluence
      • Educational Outreach
      • Marketing?
      • Registrations
      • Jaffe would like to have input from the Affiliates
  • Emergency Management Standards  - Elysa Jones
    • OASIS - introduction
      • OASIS does not only do healthcare, but a wide range of areas.
      • International organization - 51% US, 35% Europe and 14% Asia
      • ANSI approved
      • Has been working with HL7 for HAVE/TEP project - Emergency Hospital Availability Exchange /Tracking Emergency Patients
      • Have been working with PHER and PA for these projects
      • Presentation of the workflow and flow of data in the Emergency Healthcare Interoperability Environment
      • See presentation for mapping and links to the resources

  •  FHIR Update - Grahame Grieve
    • Significant drop in participation in the Connecathon, but still going strong
    • Updates on releases
      • January will be a Draft for Comment
      • 25 resources are up for normative in R5 - january draft will be a indication on witch will make it
      • R5 will hopefully be released in end of 2020.
      • Will the marked appreciate R5 in that timeframe? Asking the affiliate for input.
      • Concerned about FHIR's ability to respond to the need of the market?
      • Can HL7 International keep up with the need to make more implementation guides
      • Need to invest in growing capacity 
      • Registry of implementation guides in fhir.org - all affiliates should register their profiles. Only HL7 Australia has done so.
      • Have been talking to HIMSS about handling education and certification
    • FHIR Community Process
      • Organizations who wants to make implementation guides may do so - using the community process.
      • Inform on what they are working with
      • Important to empower the affiliates to be the FCP leader of their Affiliate
        • Affiliates has so far not responded to initiatives to collaborate internationally. We need something that requires them to collaborate.
      • FCB is a baseline. FCB does not offer any help to make the implementation guides/profiles.
      • No cost or membership fee connected to FCB.
      • Part of the plan is to attract new members.
      • Questions on what requirements that will be a part of this
      • Will the marked become confused?
        • Has not our already published implementation guides been accepted?
        • Will FCB members be able to publish a IG and then it will appear to be approved by HL7 but not necessary of the Affiliate? - Yes, that is a risk.
        • Will all members have the same standing?
      • FCB will be outside HL7 - but HL7 will be a participant in.
      • Further process: Will disucss this with HIMSS and HL7. Need input

  • FHIR Versioning worldwide - Peter Jordan
    • What are the affiliates doing with all the different versioning of FHIR. Are we asking for updates from those on DSTU2?
    • Consensus around R4 in US. Some is going for R3.
    • Grahame will do a survey around versioning
    • Most countries are on R3 (those who are in production)
    • If someone has implemented one version - they are not very keen on updateing it - if it works - don't fix it.
    • Some want to keep updated, new releases coming along, some wants to keep to one version
  • Break

Date:  

Quarter: Q4

Agenda Topics

May 2019 - WGM Agenda - International Council

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Policy Advisory Committee (PAC) - Jamie Ferguson
    • PAC reports to EC
    • HL7 Public Policy Principles
      • Better to get it right, than get it fast
      • Working on commenting letters to US DHHS
      • Completed three letters to the US government
      • One to EU
      • Most US centric work
    • Believe that more international representation should be at PAC to improve the voice on regional or global eHelath policy issues
      • More constant HL7 FHIR use
    • Options for Affiliate engangement
      • Maintain status queo
      • Add IC members to PAC, add nos.n-US topics and non-us policy comments letters
      • Add IC mmbers and non....
    • Impacts to PAC
      • Expected to require new request for funding
    • Open for discussion
      • Catherine - hard for PAC to respond to EU centric letters as PAC is so US centric. Hard to turn.
      • Theresa is HL7 Norway member and serve at the PAC. She offered to be IC point of contact into PAC. A lot of nodding heads in approval of this proposal.
      • Stephen from CEN asked HL7 to share their issues on policy - as there might be similar issues in other SDOs. 
      • The Netherlands approach PAC - needs advice and would love to see PAC be able to comment on international policies.
      • If PAC does not get more International participation, the US centric approach will continue.
      • Melva will add an item on Thursday for inquiry on anyone interested in joining PA
  • IPS Going forward - Steve Kay, Rob Hausam and Giorgio Cangioli
    • Introduction to IPS
    • IPS is the first project that has increased the activity in the international community
    • The history of IPS
    • Timelines of IPS (see presentation)
    • IPS SNOMED CT Free Set - announced at HIMSS 2019
    • HL7 FHIR IPS IG - 1st ballot passed. STU published by the end of the year
    • IPS alignment with Argonaut
      • Potential opportunities for IPS to be included as part of large-scale implementations
    • Terminology is not expected to fully align
    • IPS still has the "I" - will still be international - not US centric.
    • Further work
      • Identify new and missing use cases and content
      • New versions as needs changes
    • FHIR Dev Days in June
      • IPS Intro tutorial
      • Opportunity for hands on experience
      • Identifying exchange partners
    • GDPR on FHIR - using IPS use cases to illuminate the impact of GDPR
    • Please join IPS during the WGM,

  • Co-Sponsor - Guidance for the Crafting of International Standards - Ron Parker
    • Not clear rules for International or realm-specific specification. 
    • Ron has approach ArB for a project to create guidance on “Characteristics of Realm-Transferable Standards"
    • Suggestion of a Resolution:
      • Resolution by the IC to Co-sponsor ArB Project 1329 Whereas there is a compelling and ongoing requirement to differentiate and effectively produce HL7 standards that meet the implementation needs of the International Community;
      • Be it resolved that the HL7 International Council will be a co-sponsor of PSS 1329: “
        Characteristics of Realm Transferable Standards Specifications”
      • Motion by Ron Parker, second by Ed Hammond - 18-0-0

  • HL7 Europe - Cathrine Chronaki
    • Updates from important happenings in Europe for January to April 2019. See presentation.
    • Upcoming events and activities
    • HL7 Europe Foundation has several project as partner or cooperation. 

  • HL7 Latam
    • HL7 Brazil is still alive!
    • Upcoming affiliate Chile is present

  • Thursday Agenda Topics - Melva

Date:  

Quarter: Q2

Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Introductions Round Table (10 min)
    1. Confirm proxies and quorum - 19 
    2. Current Membership = 35
    3. Quorum for Decisions (40%=14), Directions (33%=12), Financial Decisions (51%=18) 
  • Secretary Report (5 min)
    • Review agenda
    • Approval of Minutes - San Antonio - Minutes
      • Motion to approve the minutes from San Antonio: Ed Hammond/Catherine Chronaki - 17-0-2
    • Affiliate Director Position
      • Reminder to submit nominations
    • Affiliate Representatives to the TSC
      • Reminder to submit nominations
      • Talk to Giorgio if you have questions
  • Review of Budget and Financial Requests (15 min)
    • Funding Request - HL7 Poland

      • Partial funding of organization of International HL7 Interoperability Conference (IHIC 2019) in Warsaw, Poland in October 2019

        • Request submitter:Roman Radomski, Chair of HL7 Poland

        • Amount requested: USD 2000

        • Purpose: The IHIC has 18 year long history as a successful event and this year the conference will be organized by HL7 Poland in Warsaw. The conference format will be slightly modified to as it has been proposed and accepted by HL7 International Council at 2018 WGM in Baltimore. Most of the organization costs and financial risk is covered by HL7 Poland.

        • Deliverable: Organization of 2-days conference in Warsaw, Poland, in October 2019

        • Recipient:HL7 Poland 

    • Funding Request: HL7 Japan - tentative request
    • Remind that all funding requests require a formal funding request with 30 day notification period
  • HL7 Asia Pacific meeting - June 6-7, 2019
    • https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e4500.html
    • Presented on the upcoming Asia Pacific meetings in June
    • abstracts can be sent to office@hl7.jp
    • June 7 - business meeting and invited to JAMI Symposium reception
    • June 8 - Morning: Lecture by Prof. Ed Hammond, Dr. HidehisaSoejima(Best LHS in Japan) and Prof. Jun Nakaya(Standards on Genomics); Afternoon: Presentations
    • Fly to Haneda/Tokyo (not Narita) - and direct flights to Kumamoto
  • HL7 Business Plan/ Proposed HL7 Implementers Community Strategy
    • reviewed the work that has been started
    • Looking for 4 International Council members to be part of the group that is working on this
    • Concerns about having the same membership fees for each affiliates - will be a show stopper for many affiliates
    • Concerns about having the "government" member type
    • Include student member type
    • Suggest that a consistent structure could be useful and aligned to
    • Economies are very different - maybe "in kind" could be considered 
    • Allow flexibility and consider local characteristics and legal structures of Affiliates
    • Silver - no voting rights and get free access to IP - not sure why anyone will join as a Silver Member
    • Suggest that Affiliates could map what they have to the proposed membership structure as input into this discussion
    • Perhaps needs to be less granular than what is proposed
    • Rights for voting - 
      • perceived advantage to Affiliates for voting - may not care about voting on international standards
    • Suggest adding Non-Member to the Membership Structure
    • Perhaps adding some rationale for changes would be useful
    • Need to consider as part of the business model and revenue streams
      • What is in it for me with respect to Affiliates
    • Perhaps a Community Member category - 
      • goal is to bring FHIR community to HL7 - can be implementers
    • Members are the contributors of our products, not necessarily the consumers of the products
    • Need to determine how we work asynchronously but also ensure all Affiliate Chairs are able to see/contribute
    • The draft Membership Structure is part of the Business Model discussion
    • Would like to get the stats for Affiliate membership
    • Need to understand what is being paid for
    • Understand the benefit of being an HL7 Affiliate
    • Membership of the Sub-Committee from IC
      • expect bi-weekly conference calls for 60-90 minutes
      • hope to do work through email/Confluence
      • Suggest that the Affiliate Directors be involved - Line and Diego
      • HL7 Australia - need to recognize the difficulty with time zones
      • Catherine
      • Share via Confluence for Affiliates

Action Items

  • Melva Petersto send funding request notification for HL7 Poland request
  • Micihio will send presentation to International list - HL7 Asia Pacific
  • Walter Suarez to provide slide deck on Business Model 

Date:  

Quarter: Q3

Agenda Topics

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Report from the JIC
    • Patient Summary Standards Set
      • limited involvement by HL7
      • developed prior to IPS
    • JIC in relation to IC motion
      • Questions
        • What is the role of the IC rep to the JIC vs HL7 International participation?
        • If we are going to carry on
          • how do we want to continue as the IC?
          • what kind of relationship?
          • how do we want to participate?
    • discuss further in Atlanta
  • Affiliate Agreement
    • Potential changes:
      • the right to distribute translations outside of their territory
        • to other Affiliates or other Affiliates
    • New preamble should feed into the Business Model
    • Some of this content is appropriate for welcome package
    • Consider critical changes for new version given there may be more changes as a result of Business Model discussion
  • IHIC 2019
    • Presentation from HL7 Poland
    • Oct 22-24, 2019 IHIC 2019
      • subject will likely be IPS
  • Affiliate Health
    • ADDC has done some work in thinking about how to support affiliates
    • Peter has been in contact with HL7 India, HL7 Denmark and has been trying to contact HL7 Singapore
    • Is a small country too small of a unit to be an Affiliate - should there be a grouping of small countries
  • Review of Pharmacy Work
    • Review of the need to capture implementations
    • Will create a Confluence page for Pharmacy
    • Will discuss with Grahame/Wayne to see if it can be done across the organization
  • PAC Liaison
    • no further discussion about a liaison
    • If there is anyone from IC interested, please contact the IC Co-Chairs

Action Items

  • Melva Petersto add agenda topic for more in depth discussion of Affiliate Agreement in Atlanta
  • Melva Peters to put Affiliate Affiliate on Confluence and distribute to IC for comment
  • Melva Peters send out link to Confluence Page for Pharmacy resources
  • Melva Peters to discuss with Grahame/Wayne - need to capture information about FHIR implementations across domains for the organization

Date:  

Quarter: Q4

Agenda Topics

May 2019 - WGM Agenda - International Council

Supporting Documents

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Plenary - International Presentation Discussion
    • Goal - share some insights into what is going on in other parts of the world
      • Business patterns being solved and not the underlying technology
        • e-Prescribing
        • Referral patterns
    • What theme does HL7 think is important to the Atlanta audience?
      • 2018 - Collaborating on a global scale
      • 2017 - improving patient safety with interoperability
    • Once theme is determined, ask Affiliates if there is a presentation that can demonstrate this from the international perspective
    • Jason will reach out to 2 projects
      • Australian Digital Health Agency - myHealthRecord
      • CSRIO - OntoServer
    • Digital Health Literacy?
  • February 2020 WGM Planning
    • Super Bowl will be on Monday morning - any concern that participants will skip meetings
      • wireless bandwidth might be impacted
    • Connectathon - may need to considered days of the connectathon given government participants
    • Hotels:  booking.hl7.com.au
    • Looking for sponsors from other Affiliates
  • 2022 International Meeting
    • What happened to 2021?
      • Last September and in January - asked for proposals of viable venues for 2021 - no responses
      • typically contract with venues 2 years out - limited options
      • in parallel, HL7 also searching in the US - found New Orleans venue for May
      • in April, Executive Committee was made aware that the venue would hold until April 30th
        • EC made a decision to sign for 2021
      • now looking for 2022 - viable locations
      • Mark will re-send proposal to InternationalAdmin list
      • previously received 3-4 venues - but costs were very high
      • Affiliates should forward RFP to viable facilities and ask for proposals
        • needs to viable unless Affiliate is willing to take the financial risk
      • Mark will bring back to the International Council for evaluation
  • HL7 Around the World
    • HL7 Argentina
    • HL7 Austria
    • HL7 Italy
    • HL7 Germany
  • HL7 FHIR Fundamentals Package
    • can deliver this course for your Affiliate 
    • has been updated to R4 and includes videos
    • if interested, email Diego and Fernando
    • must sign an agreement with HL7 International
  • Planning for September Meeting
    • Presentations on Sunday
      • HL7 Saudi
      • HL7 Zealand
    • Meeting - Sunday Q3, Q4 and Thursday Q1, Q2 and Q3
  • Closing Remarks
    • Thank you to everyone for their participation
    • Safe travels!

Action Items

  • Melva Peters to send email out to ask Affiliates for possible themes and potential speakers
  • Mark McDougall to send WGM RFP to InternationalAdmin list


  • No labels