This is the home page for the Public Health Work Group. The Public Health Work Group is a pilot work group for the functions being developed as part of the JIRACon Project. In this environment, attendance logs, meeting agendas and notes, and other work group functions are enabled to assist the work group participants in developing standards as well as necessary housekeeping functions for standards development organizations. Use JIRA to document issues, change requests, questions, and comments for documentation and resolution.
The Public Health Work Group supports the HL7 mission to create and promote its standards by helping to assure that HL7 V2 and V3 models, messages, documents and services address the requirements of the many public health agencies, both governmental and non-governmental. Specific areas of interest include:
- human and animal population health monitoring,
- disease and event detection, response and control,
- contact tracing,
- outbreak investigation,
- legal issues including isolation and quarantine,
- vital records,
- public health registries,
- food safety,
- environmental health,
- emergency preparedness and response,
- reporting to monitoring and regulatory agencies.
The messages, documents, and services developed by this work group may also be used to communicate local, state and national health summary information to international monitoring bodies such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).
Ways to Participate
Regular Public Health WG calls for the current cycle occur every week on Thursdays 1600-1730 ET.
Call In Information
Official call in information is available at the Conference Call Center.
Web Meeting Info
1. Dial into the conference:
- Dial-in Number (United States): (515) 604-9520
- Access Code: 132783
- International Dial-in Numbers: https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/pher#international
2. Join the online meeting:
- Online Meeting Link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/pher
- Online Meeting ID: pher
Warning- If you are on the agenda and need to share your screen you may have to download the app. If this is problematic, please send your materials to the co-chairs.
Working Group Meetings