Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/vocab

Date

Attendees

Planned Agenda Topics

  1. Roll call and Agenda check (Ted)
    One new item added (new business below)

  2. Announcements (all)
    •  HL7 ballots have opened and we really need vocabulary review on these.

  3. Action Items Check  (Ted)
    The leads of the other calls need to send any action items that should be discussed on these main calls to Ted to add here for future calls.  The JIRA default for the action item display seems to be chronological, perhaps we need to look into making the priority-based.  No other action item updates.

  4. Atlanta WGM Agenda Planning (Carol Macumber)
    Group reviewed agenda and made changes where appropriate


  5. UTG Update (Ted)
    Alpha testing has started, initial phase for proposal submission is complete, we had training for proposal review and voting this morning.  That testing will start Monday.
    Still a problem with the browsable content build.
    Ted will get together with Rob H to examine updates to the ig.json file for the terminology.hl7.org pages
    ONC cannot make the Tuesday Q5 demo and has requested that it be moved to Tuesday lunchtime
    Lots of time with Josh P on permissions, updates, and Jira configuration stuff

  6. Glossary Project (Heather)
    No updates as key participant not available.   

  7. FHIR items (Rob Hausam)
    We will dive into these tracker items as time permits: but we are out to time.

  8. Concept Map Task Force Report (Rob Hausam and Carmela)
    Make some headway last week, minutes are still being updated..  Need to get the changes into the Build, then review it.  Looking for some example of closure tables other than SNOMED, to verify and demonstrate that it functions as intended (since closure is an operation where the output is a CM resource).

  9. Gender Harmony Project Update (Carol/Rob M) 
    Progress continues.   The ONC Interoperability Forum next Thursday will get a presentation on this from Rob, with the problem statement, current thinking, and approach.  The goal is to have a discussion of what is needed to are done so that this can be included in the US CDI (US Core Data Interoperability). 

  10. Vocab Facilitator Review (Heather Grain)
    No updates as key participant not available

  11. Liaison Reports
    a. ISO (Ted)Many ballots opening and completing in TC215.   Plenary first week of November in Daegu, Korea. as will Rob H (covering for Wayne at the JIC)

    b. LOINC (Ted/Rob H) - Registration for Fall meeting in Barcelona October 22-25 now open. 

    c. SNOMED (Rob H/Reuben) - July 2019 International Edition has been released. Free SNOMED subsets are available in the refset tool and will be available in the Global Patient Set on Sept 1st.  Working on IGs for SNOMED on FHIR and hopefully will be ready for some review for the Malaysia meeting the end of October.  


  12. New Business -
    Issue about URIs that reference code systems for v2 and v3:
    It is unclear and done in many different ways what the canonical URL resolves (if it is resolvable at all) to; right now it is usually a webpage, and sometimes a FHIR resource.  Ted noted that the UTG resources have some additional information in them above and beyond what is currently in the FHIR resources. 
    The problem is that for the resources in FHIR when you go to the canonical URI you get to the resource.   We have general practice for terminology now that the canonical URI either never gets you to the resource instance, or it may or may not and you have no way to know.   Right now UTG has been implemented in such a way that the canonical URL for code systems and value sets gets you to a web page (for HL7 content this is generated by IGPublisher) which is human readable.   Server developers are expressing an issue that they need to be able to get to the resources for code systems and value sets daily and consistently.
    Australia has implemented a solution which is pretty nice; there are multiple ways of solving this effectively and consistently.
    We need agree (Vocabulary WG, FHIR, and HTA at least) on the design, and to adopt this as an HL7 policy ASAP, schedule any changes to the HL7 tooling and implementations and IGs, and then publicize it so that organizations outside of HL7 do this for their published terminologies in the same consistent way.  The very first one that needs this IMMEDIATELY is X12.  


  13. Next call items
    Try to get a vocab decision on the URI proposal.


Call adjourned at 5:04 pm. The next main Vocabulary WG call scheduled for August 29

Action  items

  • Ted Kleinreach out to CG and INM for topics for Atlanta Thursday Q1
  • Reuben Daniels Robert Hausam Peter Jordanto form a task force and bring a proposal for the URI issue solution to the next call for decision.  Please share the proposal to the vocab list before the calll so others can think about items to bring to the discussion.