The focus of the Consumer Directed Payer Data Exchange (CARIN IG for Blue Button®) Project is to develop a consumer payer data set (similar to CMS Medicare Blue Button® 2.0) and corresponding implementation guide for the set of resources that payers can display to consumers via a FHIR® API.
- Common Payer Consumer Data Set (CPCDS)
- Includes key health data that should be accessible and available for exchange.
- Data must conform with specified vocabulary standards and code sets.
- CPCDS data elements can be stored and queried as profiled FHIR® resources.
- Data Query Profiles
- Based on CPCDS, define the minimum mandatory elements, extensions and terminology requirements that must be present in the FHIR® resource.
- Data Query Implementation Guide
- Collection of security specifications, profile definitions and supporting documentation.
- The guide satisfies use cases for member access to health plan data, ensuring the CPCDS elements are included and modeled in a standard format.
- Flat File Format (Physical) Specification Representing (Logical) CPCDS Data Elements
- Mapping From (Logical) CPCDS Data Elements To FHIR® Resource Profiles
- Consumer Directed Payer Data Exchange (CARIN IG for Blue Button®) Framework
The Consumer Directed Payer Data Exchange (CARIN IG for Blue Button®) (this is still in process and should not be viewed as final) and the PSS for Consumer Directed Payer Data Exchange (CARIN IG for Blue Button®)