Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees Present

Chair:  @
Scribe: @ 


Name
x

Calvin Beebe

RegretsLorraine Constable

Russ Hamm

Tony Julian

xPaul Knapp

Ewout Kramer
xAustin Kreisler

Wayne Kubick
xThom Kuhn
xRik Smithies

Sandy Stuart
xBrian Pech


  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes:
    1. 2019-05-05 SGB/ARB WGM
      1. MOTION to approve: Calvin/Thom
      2. VOTE: All in favor (4-0-0)
    2. 2019-05-10 SGB WGM
      1. MOTION to approve: Calvin/Thom
      2. VOTE: All in favor (5-0-0)
  3. Action Items
  4. Request to add Ewout Kramer to FMG
  5. Discussion Topics left over from WGM:
    1. Draft precept(s) on versioning:
      1. Every artifact or independently distributable modifiable component that we publish needs an identifiable version. 
        1. A product family must define its artifacts.
      2. If the content changes, then the version changes.
        1. The version should distinguish between cosmetic and functional change.
        2. The system of versioning must be able to support the business needs of a variety of communities.
      3. Dynamic links between things don't propagate changes. In the case of a static link, you may need to reflect that. Local policy dictates the response. 
      4. Bindings are static by default, unless families declare the default binding to be dynamic, or the binding is specifically declared to be static or dynamic. 
    2. Draft precept: Product families doing web based publishing should define what part of their materials are specification and what parts are product under control of the product manager.
    3. Draft a precept that families define what conformance to a normative specification means within that product family. What are the rules around change to a normative spec?
    4. Draft policies around Currency of Value Set Content
    5. Are there precepts to be created around General policy on the use of external code systems in HL7 standards?
    6. Large group engagement

      1. risks/precepts

    7. Definition of specification
    8. Management group vitality assessment precept
    9. Ballot vs. non-ballot feedback
    10. architecture/tooling risks that came out of TRAC
    11. Precepts We Need to Develop
  6. Parking Lot
    1. Generalize FHIR Ballot Expectations
    2. Mapping coordination
    3. Add link to Confluence page from ARB page
    4. Review of product management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    5. Review Mission and Charter
    6. Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    7. Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    8. How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    9. Precept on bringing in large projects
    10. Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    11. BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    12. FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    13. Ownership of content
    14. What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?


Minutes

  1. Agenda review
  2. Approve Minutes:
    1. 2019-05-05 SGB/ARB WGM
      1. MOTION to approve: Calvin/Thom
      2. VOTE: All in favor (4-0-0)
    2. 2019-05-10 SGB WGM
      1. MOTION to approve: Calvin/Thom
      2. VOTE: All in favor (5-0-0)
    3. Action Items
  3. Request to add Ewout Kramer to FMG
    1. Ewout is going on sabbatical so this is likely not urgent; seems to be a WGM issue. He's getting quizzed in sessions on decisions made by FMG while he's representing FHIR-I; he would like to be able to represent FMG as well. He would attend FMG calls. Austin notes that he is part of this group and doesn't attend calls. Not opposed to him becoming a member of FMG as long as he's going to be active. FMG calls would start at either 10 or 11pm for him. We could be supportive of the request as long as there is agreement to participate. There are other ways to get FMG information, such as minutes or even skyping people at the meeting. If he does go to FMG, he should be removed from SGB and perhaps replaced with someone to officially represent FHIR. He originally came over from FGB when it was merged into SGB as a FHIR governance liaison. We should revisit with FMG if they feel they need representation here. 
      • ACTION: Paul Knapp  will reach out to Ewout to find out if he'll be available for calls and raise issue on FMG
  4. Discussion Topics left over from WGM:
    1. Definitions of errata/corrigendum: 
      1. Austin: Should change recommendation language - currently states we would be adopting the IEEE definitions, which isn't accurate as we've edited to fit our needs.
      2. Calvin: What is our intent? Are we intending to combine errata and technical correction?
      3. Could say "Recommend to TSC that we adopt the following definition of erratum that is derived from the IEEE definition"
      4. Discussion over how this will apply to different product families. How does ongoing maintenance fit in? The three levels described don't accommodate the maintenance of value sets in C-CDA. 
      5. The original problem was we needed a firm definition on what constitutes errata. 
      6. Need to come up with a couple different models, applicable to all the products.
      7. Discussion over how FHIR does it. Currently fixes go in the next release as opposed to updating the previous release.
      8. Does vocabulary maintenance result in a new version of the specification? Today it doesn't. Would be great to have a single process for value set updates.
        • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
  5.  Adjourned at 11:59 am Eastern

  6. Carry forward: 
    1. Draft precept(s) on versioning:
      1. Every artifact or independently distributable modifiable component that we publish needs an identifiable version. 
        1. A product family must define its artifacts.
      2. If the content changes, then the version changes.
        1. The version should distinguish between cosmetic and functional change.
        2. The system of versioning must be able to support the business needs of a variety of communities.
      3. Dynamic links between things don't propagate changes. In the case of a static link, you may need to reflect that. Local policy dictates the response. 
      4. Bindings are static by default, unless families declare the default binding to be dynamic, or the binding is specifically declared to be static or dynamic. 
    2. Draft precept: Product families doing web based publishing should define what part of their materials are specification and what parts are product under control of the product manager.
    3. Draft a precept that families define what conformance to a normative specification means within that product family. What are the rules around change to a normative spec?
    4. Draft policies around Currency of Value Set Content
    5. Are there precepts to be created around General policy on the use of external code systems in HL7 standards?
    6. Large group engagement

      1. risks/precepts

    7. Definition of specification
    8. Management group vitality assessment precept
    9. Ballot vs. non-ballot feedback
    10. architecture/tooling risks that came out of TRAC
    11. Precepts We Need to Develop







OPEN ACTION ITEMS:


DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
  • Paul Knapp to send documentation to the cochairs of HTA and Vocabulary noting that we've drafted precepts on external terminologies and highlight questions on their currency document.
Paul Knapp2019-11-06 SGB Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Paul Knapp2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Austin Kreisler2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
Lorraine Constable2019-09-20 SGB WGM Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Paul Knapp will work on a grid with types of change/degree of review
Paul Knapp2019-05-22 SGB Agenda/Minutes
  • ACTION: Need to create precepts on stable identifiers for value sets, concept maps, and code systems
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • ACTION: Review proposed updates to the GOM, then determine how/where to represent SGB
2019-01-18 SGB WGM
  • Add Calvin's document on continuous maintenance and the decision to the SGB site.

2018-11-14 SGB Agenda/Minutes