Quarter: 1 (Hosting CQI)
Chair: Bryn Rhodes
Scribe: Robert Jenders
- CIMI-based Logical Model and Related FHIR Profiles
- Claude Nanjo provided an update on QUICK and related work on models (QUICK Status Update.pptx).
- Regular meetings are used to improve alignment of related FHIR resources. Planning validation of the QUICK model using CDS Hooks. Requirements for the QUICK model were reviewed.
- Next steps include further elaboration of model and implementation of specific use cases, including in CQL.
- Open discussion regarding various features of the model without decisions or votes. Related work identified by Mark Kramer => http://standardhealthrecord.org/guides/obf/
- CPG on FHIR
- Bryn Rhodes provided a brief update on this activity, using FHIR to structure guideline recommendations (CQF-Recommendations.pptx).
- Uses cases include the US CDC opioid prescribing guideline; HBV screening/immunization; CKD management.
- EBM on FHIR
- Brian Alper reviewed progress on this project (EBMonFHIR), including activity at the Connectathon held during this WGM (2019-05 Evidence Based Medicine (EBM) on FHIR Track).
- The prior Evidence resource was separated into ComparativeEvidence and CohortSummary resources. These were reviewed in detail.
- Proposed Project: HL7 CDS Hooks: Hook Definitions
- Howard Strasberg reviewed the proposed PSS: HL7 CDS Hooks: Hook Definitions
- The purpose is to create a project for developing/implementing specific hooks that use but are external to the CDS Hooks STU.
- Motion: Approve PSS. Moved Eisenberg, seconded Strasberg. Vote: 22/0/0. (Combined vote of CDS and CQI WG, each of which had quorum for decision-making)
Quarter: 2 (Hosted by CQI; see their minutes for additional details)
Chair: Juliet Rubini
Scribe: Robert Jenders
- FHIR R5 Roadmap
- Bryn Rhodes reviewed current plans, including a proposed timeline, regarding development of the next version of FHIR (FHIR Update and R5 - 2019 May.pptx). The current plan is to conduct a first normative ballot in the 5/2020 cycle, ultimately with planned publication 12/2020. Open discussion regarding accelerating or slowing this schedule with no particular consensus or decision reached.
- FHIR Management Group is converging on a single template for publishing FHIR implementation guides.
- Open discussion regarding various issues about deadlines, tooling and skill development regarding IGs.
- Data Exchange for Quality Measures (DEQM)
- S2 ballot = 44/22/85 (with 40 affirmative votes needed to pass).
- Viet Nguyen reviewed recent work and activity in this area, including at this WGM's Connectathon.
- Open discussion ensued regarding the IG and relationship to other models and efforts such as QDM. No formal decisions reached.
- CQL Ballot Reconciliation
- HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: Clinical Quality Language, Release 1 (level = 4th STU ballot). Vote = 52/8/58 (36 affirmative required).
- Bryn Rhodes reviewed ballot comments (HL7_CQLANG_R1_D4_2019MAY_Amalgamated.xls). Disposition comments and votes inserted directly in the reconciliation spreadsheet.
- Comments 127, 128, 140: Motion = not persuasive with mod. Moved Rhodes, seconded Anne Smith. Vote = 18/0/0.
- Comment 21: Extensive discussion about comment recommending that extracted time points be expressed in UTC. Motion = Persuasive. Moved Anne Smith, seconded Rhodes. Vote = 18/0/0.
Quarter: 3 (Hosted by CDS - minutes shared between CDS and CQI, posted on the CQI minutes site: Wed Q3 WGM Minutes (hosted by CDS), May 2019)