Submitting WG/Project/Implementer Group
- Orders & Observations
Justification and Objectives
- Explore methods to maintain and manage a v2-to-FHIR mapping that can be referenced by FHIR mapping tabs, v2+ mapping tabs, and direct query.
- The tooling may end up being FHIR based and/or FHIR enabled.
This track will use what version of FHIR.
- FHIR R4
Clinical input requested (if any)
- To be determined.
Proposed Track Lead
- Hans Buitendijk - email@example.com
- Craig Newman - firstname.lastname@example.org
Altarum: Craig Newman
Audicious Inquiry: Keith Boone
CDC: Jason Hall / Megan Light
Cerner: Hans Buitendijk
Health Intersections: Grahame Grieve
JKM Software: Sean Muir
Northrop: Rishi / Marcelo Caldas / Shu McGarvey
Redox: Benjamin Flessner / Brendan Keeler
TBX: Robert Worden
Google Cloud: Yatish Gupta/ Roman Polyanovsky
- Please join the V2 to FHIR Mapping Tooling call on Wednesday April 24th at 3pm EDT.
- Editor - HL7 volunteers/support staff to maintain the mappings
- Publisher - v2+, FHIR, and other venues to publish the content
- Integration Engines - consuming mappings to pre-populate their tools
- We will have a repository on GitHub containing sample Version 2 messages that implementers can use to test their conversion tools, along with places for people to store sample outputs from conversions of those message. Link <TBD>
- We anticipate scenarios will include sample messages where people can try different mappings and mapping technologies:
- ADT, ORU, MDM, VXU, SIU
- v2-to-FHIR mapping storage options, e.g., FHIR StructureDefinition, Composition, etc.
- Maintain/edit v2-to-FHIR mappings, e.g., Individual components, Spreadsheet style, Other?
- Publish mappings for ballot review and general access
- FHIR based API access to mappings for:
- FHIR tabs
- v2+ tabs
- Sample v2 messages/segments/fields to use:
Security and Privacy Considerations
Identify any expectations around security (e.g. will TLS, mutual-TLS, OAuth, etc. be required to participate