Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EST Work Group Agenda / Minutes

Date:  July 25, 2017

Facilitator:  Brian Pech

Note Taker:  Brian Pech

Attendees

PresentNameAffiliation

 

Andy StechishinCANA Software & Services
 David BurgessLabCorp
xLorraine ConstableCognitive Medical Systems
 Michael van der ZelHL7 Netherlands
 Nat WongHL7 Australia
xBrian PechKaiser Permanente
 Wayne KubrickHL7 International
xLaura MitterHL7 International
xDavid Johnson (DJ)

HL7 International

 Dave HamillHL7 International
   


Agenda Topics

Agenda OutlineAgenda ItemMeeting Minutes from Discussion
  1. Agenda review and approval (Suggestions or additions to and acceptance of agenda)
  2. Minutes review and approval
    • Minutes of July 11, 2017
  3. Review Enhancement of Standard Grid PSS
     http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/arbgeneral/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2F%2Acheckout%2A%2Ftrunk%2FEnhancement_of_hl7_standards_grid_PSS.docx>

     

    The scope is:

    ·         Provide requirements recommendations to EST to align the HL7 Standards Product Grid with the Product Lines and families

    • Provide feedback to PIC with the allowable products in the PSS template
    • Provide feedback to the project manager for project homebase (project insight).

  4. EST Mission and Charter
    • Continue review of proposed changes
  5. GitHub Processes
    • Discussion on how to bring new repositories and teams onto GitHub. Triggered by the need to support CIMI activities
    • Lorraine and DJ set up a suggested approach
    • Background - request form for Gforge projects. What information do we still need?
    • Link to document
  6. Project Updates
    • JIRA and Confluence Pilot
    • Web Meeting Try-outs
  7. Website Updates
  8. Disaster Recovery & Escalation Process
  9. Next Meeting
  10. Parking lot for upcoming meetings
    1. Review Combined project roadmap and prioritize
    2. EST Strategic Plan - Current Year Targets (review at WGM)
    3. Risk Register
Insert Adgenda Topic in this column.

2.) Motion to accept July 11 minutes. DJ/Lorraine. 3-0-0

3.) Deferred till next call.

 

4.) Motion to approved updated mission and charter. Lorraine/Laura. 3-0-0.

Chair will send updated M&C to Anne W. and EST & T3SD co-chairs.

 

5.) GitHub repository for HL7 organization.

People have to request  access through DJ. Then work teams can add members to project specific repositories. For example, the Composite-KNART repo can add HL7 members who have been added to the HL7 repository. We want to have a designated team repository maintainer who manages the repository for the team.

 The existing request form for gForge access was used as a starting point for designing a request process for GitHub access. Currently the form goes to homebasecoordinator@hl7.org (alias for Anne Wizauer) this likely is not what we want on the GitHub site.

On the HL7 GitHub page the info says to email the webmaster@hl7.org. for access. Is this what we to happen going forward? How can we streamline and keep the process simple?  For now we want requests for HL7 GitHub access to go to the webmaster.

 

Comment - We want active projects to maintain current contact information on their repository information pages. Older completed projects would be archived.

All the HL7 GitHub repositories are currently publicly searchable. We do have the policy of 90 day exclusive use of HL7 members (of FhIR IP) but how we enable this has not been explicated.

It was noted that work group minutes and other supporting documents are on the  GitHub/FHIR repository and really should be on GitHub HL7.

Do we want to come up with standards around how people name GitHub projects and project teams? Likely we do. We want the work group included in the name.

There are legacy HL7 items in private Git repositories we would expect them to move their materials to the official HL7 GitHub.

We probably want a page on the HL7 website with links to HL7 GitHub projects. (May be off the tools and resources page?)

6.) JIRA/Confluence - permalinks are ready, self registration is working, consult with Wayne for site easy of use.

7.) No website updates.

8.) Disaster Recovery - no updates.

9.) Next call - Aug. 8.

 

 

 

 

 

   

Supporting Documents

Outline ReferenceSupporting Document
Minutes from July 11
  


Action items

  •