Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting url: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/vocab

Date

Attendees

Planned Agenda

  1. Roll call and Agenda check
  2. Announcements
    1. One co-chair seat (Ted) is open for May (nominations opened Feb 27) - anyone can submit a nomination to the email address.
    2. Harmonization Technical Review package released; Final proposals due March 8 (tomorrow)
  3. Action Items Check
    1. Heather - has gone through facilitators list (see item below)
      1. Will contact facilitators - confirm that they are still a facilitator
      2. Some WGs don't have facilitators listed
        1. Look specifically at the WGs that have had facilitators but don't have any now - EHR, EC, CIMI - agree that this is reasonable to do
  4. Co-chair Nominations
    1. Call for nominations (submit to email address):
      http://www.hl7.org/documentcenter/public_temp_82CEE7D3-1C23-BA17-0CEDE6135D71255D/membership/elections/CallForNominations_2019MAY.pdf
    2. Nominations close March 29
  5. Ballot Comment Reconciliation for V2.9 Chapter 2C Negatives
    1. There is only ONE negative on Chapter 2C that need to be resolved today (Vocab is the Steward of that Chapter):
      Item 164 Vocab 2C   Table 0963   Page 705 in Chapter 2C   Codes used to identify medical devices safety characteristics. These codes are taken from the [NCI Thesaurus](https://ncit.nci.nih.gov/ncitbrowser/pages/home.jsf) and are provided here as a suggestive example.
      Balloters comment: What happened to the HL7 Webpage rendering row? Now we have NO reference to the Hl7 FHIR value szet and no example of the codes at all?   http://hl7.org/fhir/valueset-device-safety.html Ted's prep comment:  looking into this.  It may be a change to the publishing since this is based on external material.    May be a technical correction.  To be discussed on call.

      Reviewed the link to the FHIR value set (above) and the FHIR rendering appears to be correct.  But the Chapter 2C value set description

      Motion: Rob McClure/Carol Graham 
      Either the V2.9 table 0963 needs to update the CLD to include the appropriate code values from NCI Thesaurus, or change the value set OID to match the OID used in FHIR R4 for what appears to be the same content and use that canonical URL (http://hl7.org/fhir/valueset-device-safety.html) as the link to view the value set content.

      Against: 0 Abstain: 0 In Favor: 7

    2. There are FOUR other comments - 3 A-Q and 1 A-T:
      1. 160 Vocab 2C 0717 Vocab 2C 0717 566 A-T PersDEID is missing status flag of 'N'   Appears to be a technical oversight.

        Persuasive
        Approve the correction.

      2. 207 Vocab 2C Vocab 2C A-Q "Chapter 2 C does not have a change table - is that expected?
        So I looked only at the changes per the Nov Harmonization meeting…"    We do not have a technically feasible way to do a diff Word document for this chapter against the last 2.8.2 although we'd like it.

        Considered - Question Answered

      3. 163 Vocab 2C 0956 Vocab 2C 0956 699 A-Q "Description
        Reflects the amount of supervisory or management responsibilities for an individual’s job. In the military, this is the person’s pay grade, which serves as a proxy for supervisory level and can be interpreted across branches. For enumeration of codes, see https://phinvads.cdc.gov/vads/ViewValueSet.action?oid=2.16.840.1.11 4222.4.11.7613 The FHIR defining URL for the value set has been created as http://hl7.org/fhir/ValueSet/supervisory-level-odh-us, however note that this is not resolvable at this time. " In other tables we have a separate row in the ValueSet that is labeled webage rendering - should this approach be used for all tables?  We do this only for those that have webpage rendering in the HL7 space (FHIR for now, UTG for most later).  Not for external ones.

        Considered - Question Answered

      4. 162 Vocab 2C 0955 Vocab 2C 0955 698 A-Q "Description
        The type of business associated with the patient's occupation. For enumeration of codes, see https://phinvads.cdc.gov/vads/ViewValueSet.action?oid=2.16.840.1.11 4222.4.11.7187 " In other tables we have a separate row in the ValueSet that is labeled webage rendering - should this approach be used for all tables?    We do this only for those that have webpage rendering in the HL7 space (FHIR for now, UTG for most later).  Not for external ones.

        Considered - Question Answered

        Motion: Rob McClure / Heather Grain
        Approve the dispositions of the above four items as noted.
        Against: 0 Abstain: 0 In Favor: 7

  6. Wrap Up TermInfo ballot Reconciliation (if possible)
    1. Rob Hausam has reached out to Jay Lyle.  Should be ready for this by the next call.
  7. Glossary Project
    1. Needed actions have been done.  In process of final review and updates.  Reviewed the Glossary page today with the group on the call.
      Motion: Heather Grain / Rob McClure
      Move that the issues identified in VSD definitions be retained in this project and to be addressed when VSD is next balloted.
      Against: 0  Abstain: 0  In Favor: 5
  8. FHIR items (Rob Hausam) - no items for today
    1. Status of FHIR Tracker Issues Calls
      1. First call on Thursday last week - alternating Thursdays at 3:00 PM Eastern for 60 minutes.
    2. Tracker Items to be dealt with today:
      1. None today
  9. Liaison Reports
    1. FTSD/SGB/TSC (Russ Hamm) - Russ not on call
    2. LOINC and TC215 (Ted Klein)  - TC215 TAG pre-plenary planning call (mandatory for all US attendees) being held today - Ted on that call with Wayne and Ed Hammond, so not here
    3. SNOMED International (Rob Hausam) - Work progressing in the SNOMED on FHIR terminology binding and terminology services streams.  Developing FHIR IG content in both streams.  The SNOMED CT free set content for HL7 International Patient Summary (IPS) has been announced by SNOMED Int. and HL7.
    4. HTA (Rob McClure/Heather Grain) - No further update today.  
      Question from Reuben about SNOMED CT free sets for IPS and FHIR.  HTA isn't involved in the discussions and decisions on this (at present).  SNOMED will distribute the content - not HL7.  SNOMED Int. hasn't determined (or announced) yet what the specific distribution mechanism(s) will be.
  10. Concept Map Task Force Report - Rob H. still needs to send out a Doodle and schedule the calls
  11. Gender Harmony Project Update (Rob McClure) - No update on call today.  Suggest to review the Confluence page. 
  12. Vocab Facilitator Review (Heather Grain)
    1. Heather will contact facilitators - confirm that they are still in fact a facilitator.
    2. Some WGs don't currently have any facilitators listed.
      1. Look specifically at the WGs that have had facilitators but don't have any now - specifically EHR, EC, CIMI.  The group agrees that this is reasonable to do.  Heather will proceed with this.
  13. CDA IG Quality Criteria update (Sheila Abner)
    1. Notes from CDA IG Quality Criteria calls (organized by Austin Kreisler):  Any value set must utilize the Unified Terminology Governance (UTG) approval process, once the process is in place.  Our assumption is that by following UTG, all the HTA requirements are already included there. One other thing to note, these meetings purpose are to create the base set of quality criteria that will be included in the draft for comment ballot this cycle. Vocab will still have the ability to comment during the ballot. 
    2. Further discussion on call today:  Rob M.  UTG is not targeting external content (definitely not in the initial phase).  There appear to be comments about UTG that are incorrect.  Will further review and will need to make ballot comments.   
  14. Next call items - None discussed.
  15. New Business - None.

Call adjourned at 5:00 PM Eastern.  Next call in two weeks March 21, same time same credentials.  Note that the clocks change to Summer Time in the US between now and then.

Action items

  •