Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Alternate FCC Meeting Coordinates (in the event of GoToMeeting failure):
Join the online meeting: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/tscadmins
Dial-in number (US): (605) 313-4118

Access code: 178928#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/tscadmins
Online meeting ID: tscadmins



HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2019-02-18
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean DuteauxJohn Roberts, GOM Expert
xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio CangiolixKen McCaslin
ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva Peters.Russ HammxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Suart
xFloyd EisenbergxPaul KnappxRiki Merrick.Virginia Lorenzi
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
.Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/votexIsaac Vetter.obs1xAnne Wizauer
.Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexKathleen Connor.obs2x

Lynn Laakso

.
.
...

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-02-11 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes

  2. Review action items –

  3. Items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Project Approval Request by the II WG of the Administrative SD for FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR at Project Insight 1392
      1. Material must be moved to HL7-managed site
      2. Provide documentation that the work was done within HL7
      3. Discuss possible sponsorship with InM
    2. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Privacy and Security Architecture Framework (PSAF) at Project Insight 914
      1. Add project need to PSS
      2. Address issue of unpublished, previously balloted volumes
    3. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: CDS Hooks, Release 1 at Project Insight 1234
      1. Move the material to an HL7-managed site

  4. Items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425
    2. MOTION that TSC approve the process whereby a WG simply updating the date of their Mission and Charter still requires a steering division vote: Jean/Melva
      1. Jean Duteau's comment on negative: If a WG doesn't change their M&C at all, then that should be communicated to the SD but no vote should be required.

  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR Clinical Research Functional Profile, Release 1 Reaffirmation at Project Insight 1447
    2. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR Child Health Functional Profile, Release 1 Reaffirmation at Project Insight 1446
    3. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR Behavioral Health Functional Profile, Release 1 Reaffirmation at Project Insight 1445
    4. Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Model Transformation Service  at Project Insight 1420

  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Request from SGB to reappoint Rik Smithies and Sandy Stuart to the Standards Governance Board for a term of two years

  7. Approval Items for this week's e-vote:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for Representation of Clinical Practice Guideline Recommendations in FHIR at Project Insight 1420
    2. Project Approval Request by the Anesthesia WG of the Clinical SD for Anesthesia (intraprocedure) Domain Analysis Model, Release 1 at Project Insight 1153
    3. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for Reaffirmation of Clinical Statement Pattern at Project Insight 1444
    4. Missed NIB Deadline Appeal by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 FHIR® Implementation Guide: Common Data Model Harmonization for Research (CDMH), Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1424
    5. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425
    6. Review/comment on  Complex Cross-Group Projects Workgroup Mission and Charter
    7. Review/Comment on FHIR Ballot Expectationsfrom FMG


  8. Discussion topics:
    1. Update from US Realm team/draft of Complex Cross-Group Projects Workgroup Mission and Charter
    2. Review of draft precept from SGB on ballot comments vs. non-ballot comments:
      1. For STU and Informative ballots, as is the case for Normative ballots, all ballot comments must be considered and have a disposition status applied. Comments received through non-ballot processes will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
    3. FMG has asked TSC to review FHIR Ballot Expectations: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ballot_Expectations
    4. Withdrawal of IDMP comments

  9. Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-02-11 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes
      1. Accepted via general consent with the addition of Austin as an attendee.
  2. Review action items –

  3. Items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Project Approval Request by the II WG of the Administrative SD for FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR at Project Insight 1392
      1. Material must be moved to HL7-managed site
        1. Isaac reports that the material has been moved to HL7 github.
      2. Provide documentation that the work was done within HL7
        1. Has posted minutes on wiki
      3. Discuss possible sponsorship with InM - may want to take to them as the product matures. Meeting with them next Thursday. Could make that transition after this ballot.
      4. Is it a FHIR product? Consensus seems to be that it belongs in the FHIR product family. FMG has approved.
        1. MOTION to approve this PSS with the request that they follow up with InM and potentially adjust the sponsorship going forward to have more infrastructure based participation: Wayne/Lorraine
        2. VOTE: All in favor

    2. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Privacy and Security Architecture Framework (PSAF) at Project Insight 914
      1. Add project need to PSS
      2. Address issue of unpublished, previously balloted volumes
        1. Kathleen Connor here to discuss. She reports that the previous documents are almost done. They plan to go ahead and wrap them all together on one normative ballot with only the two new ones in scope for comments. This addresses the concerns raised by Lynn.
          1. MOTION to approve: Paul/MK
          2. VOTE: All in favor

    3. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: CDS Hooks, Release 1 at Project Insight 1234
      1. Move the material to an HL7-managed site
        1. Informative content can be on cds-hooks.hl7.org, but publication material should be on HL7 managed site.
        2. Austin suggests we'll take it off line to discuss. Paul, Lorraine, Mary Kay volunteer to participate in the conversation.

  4. Items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425
      1. Wasn't clear if it needed to go back through steering division approval. Decision that it did not need to based on the changes made.
      2. Add back to this week's e-vote
    2. MOTION that TSC approve the process whereby a WG simply updating the date of their Mission and Charter still requires a steering division vote: Jean/Melva
      1. Jean Duteau's comment on negative: If a WG doesn't change their M&C at all, then that should be communicated to the SD but no vote should be required. ARB agrees.
        1. Motion has passed. Mission and Charters will still need to go through steering division vote.
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Request from SGB to reappoint Rik Smithies and Sandy Stuart to the Standards Governance Board for a term of two years
      1. MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Melva
      2. VOTE: All in favor

  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Update from US Realm team/draft of Complex Cross-Group Projects Workgroup Mission and Charter
      1. Group reviews. Discussion over the statement that projects can only be considered with advance TSC approval. Austin notes that these large projects may be sponsored by TSC, and then the TSC would assign the management of them to the group. Lorraine: We need criteria to decide when this kicks in.  Discussion over removing the word complex to avoid confusion. Jean will edit the document based on comments. Will be discussed on tomorrow's US Realm call as well.
      2. Add to e-vote this week
    2. Discussion over NIB deadline and if we will be receiving appeals. Lynn is going through the submissions now. Several submissions were started but not finished - those may come forward to TSC for a missed deadline appeal.
    3. Review of draft precept from SGB on ballot comments vs. non-ballot comments:
      1. For STU and Informative ballots, as is the case for Normative ballots, all ballot comments must be considered and have a disposition status applied. Comments received through non-ballot processes will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
        1. Carry foward
    4. FMG has asked TSC to review FHIR Ballot Expectations: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ballot_Expectations
      1. Add to e-vote
    5. Withdrawal of IDMP comments
      1. Carry forward



Next Steps

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2018-MM-DD TSC Agenda