Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2019-02-11
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin Kreisler.Tony JulianxJean DuteauxJohn Roberts, GOM Expert
.Wayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio CangioliRegretsKen McCaslin
ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva Peters.Russ HammxRiki MerrickRegretsVirginia Lorenzi
.Floyd EisenbergxPaul KnappRegretsMary Kay McDanielRegretsSandra Stuart
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
.Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote.Mike Davis.obs1xAnne Wizauer
.Chuck Jaffe (CEO) votexElliot Silver.obs2x

Lynn Laakso

.
.
...

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-02-04 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes

  2. Review action items 

  3. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Project Approval Request by the II WG of the Administrative SD for FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR at Project Insight 1392

      1. Referred by Clinical SD: Section 4 - have checked off "new product family"- is this correct? Has that been approved?

    2. Elliot Silver will attempt to attend to respond to this question

  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:

    1. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Privacy and Security Architecture Framework (PSAF) at Project Insight 914
      1. Referred by Lynn: PSAF Vol 1 and 2 not yet published. Vol3 balloted last time downgraded to Informative as prior normative iteration not published. This brings Vol3 back to normative and adds R4. This is problematic in ANSI procedures. Also, project need (required information for ANSI) is not filled in.

      2. Mike Davis scheduled to attend to respond to questions

    2. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: CDS Hooks, Release 1 at Project Insight 1234
      1. Referred by ARB: Materials not on HL7 managed site

  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote:

    1. STU Extension Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 CDA Implementation Guide for Ambulatory Healthcare Reporting to Birth Defect Registries at Project Insight 1112
    2. Project Approval Request by the Vocabulary WG of the Infrastructure SD for VSD-compliant profile on FHIR value set resource at Project Insight 1491
    3. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD to Withdraw QDM-based HQMF Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1500
    4. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the Clinical SD for Public Health CDA and FHIR IG - National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Healthcare Associated Infection (HAI) Reports for Long Term Care Facilities at Project Insight TBD
    5. Project Approval Request by the CBCP WG of the Clinical SD for Withdraw HL7 Version 3: Medical Records; Data Access Consent, R1 at Project Insight 1486
    6. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for BRIDG Model Update at Project Insight TBD
    7. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the Clinical SD for FHIR Quality Measure Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1499

  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR Clinical Research Functional Profile, Release 1 Reaffirmation at Project Insight 1447
    2. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR Child Health Functional Profile, Release 1 Reaffirmation at Project Insight 1446
    3. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the Administrative SD for HL7 EHR Behavioral Health Functional Profile, Release 1 Reaffirmation at Project Insight 1445
    4. Project Approval Request by the BR&R WG of the Clinical SD for CDISC Lab Semantics in FHIR at Project Insight 1425
    5. Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Cross Paradigm Model Transformation Service  at Project Insight 1420

  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Review current TSC representation on US Realm Steering Committee
    2. Update from US Realm Steering Committee task force
    3. Review of potential Da Vinci ballots
    4. Review of draft precept from SGB on ballot comments vs. non-ballot comments:
      • For STU and Informative ballots, as is the case for Normative ballots, all ballot comments must be considered and have a disposition status applied. Comments received through non-ballot processes will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
    5. Process for Approving Deviations to Technical Procedures - Issue from GOC
    6. Process for communicating WG Mission and Charter review/approval when no updates are made (for WG health purposes)
    7. Withdrawal of IDMP comments

  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2019-02-04 TSC Call Agenda/Minutes

  2. Review action items 

  3. Approval Items from previous weeks with followup:
    1. Project Approval Request by the II WG of the Administrative SD for FHIRcast: Application Context Synchronization in FHIR at Project Insight 1392

      1. Referred by Clinical SD: Section 4 - have checked off "new product family"- is this correct? Has that been approved?

    2. Elliot Silver will attempt to attend to respond to this question

      1. Austin asks for explanation regarding new product family and why the PSS was brought forth late in the process of the work. Elliot reports that the PSS creation slipped off the radar. The project has been worked on for over a year. The project was in project insight but dropped off the approval process. 

      2. Re: new product family - this is a spec for doing synchronization between applications, whether they are on the same of different systems, in particular something that is friendly to apps running browsers and mobile apps. It is separate from FHIR and not part of FHIR but it does convey patient information and context information using the FHIR resources. Will be balloted and published separate from FHIR and is not tied to a specific FHIR release. Lorraine: FHIRcast.org is totally outside of HL7. How much work has been done within our processes? Elliot: FHIRcast.org was created by the project team and they have given administrative access to HL7. Austin: This is giving all the appearances of being externally developed. Lorraine: Given that this is broader than just the radiology space, is II really the best sponsor? Perhaps it should be InM? Elliot: We had talked with FHIR-I about whether it belonged under them. They said it probably should but they don't have the bandwidth. Paul: If you've got an external site with content, it's not about giving HQ the ability to administer, it's about HL7 being able to back the material up, maintain it, be responsible for it. 

      3. Austin: ARB should evaluate if this is truly external content, we need to find the appropriate home (likely InM as they are responsible for C-COW) with ITS or FHIR-I as a potential alternates. Need evidence that the work occurred through HL7 in the form of minutes. II needs to have a talk with InM as quickly as possible regarding sponsorship; the current team would then report to InM. The material needs to be moved to an HL7 site. Should go ahead and submit the NIB in case ballot is possible this cycle, although it may be unlikely.

  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:

    1. Project Approval Request by the Security WG of the Infrastructure SD for HL7 Privacy and Security Architecture Framework (PSAF) at Project Insight 914
      1. Referred by Lynn: PSAF Vol 1 and 2 not yet published. Vol3 balloted last time downgraded to Informative as prior normative iteration not published. This brings Vol3 back to normative and adds R4. This is problematic in ANSI procedures. Also, project need (required information for ANSI) is not filled in.

      2. Mike Davis scheduled to attend to respond to questions

        1. Mike Davis not present. Lynn reports that the original project scope had balloted the PSAF trust framework. Then they decided to add volumes to it, but the original PSS didn't cover multiple ballots within the same project. Now there are multiple PSAFs. To do another PINS you have to publish the prior material, or ballot the previous material with the new material. But they have a volume 3 and 4 as separate Normative ballots. If then they want to publish it all as one specifications it causes problems. It is also missing project need, which is a required field.
        • ACTION: Paul Knappto discuss PSAF issues with Security cochairs and get them to next week's call.
    2. STU Publication Request by the CDS WG of the Clinical SD for HL7 Cross-Paradigm Specification: CDS Hooks, Release 1 at Project Insight 1234
        1. Referred by ARB: Materials not on HL7 managed site. Should be moved to HL7 Github. 

          1. MOTION to reject publication request as it is not hosted on an HL7 site; must be fixed before publication is approved: Lorraine/Jean

          2. Jean: This keeps happening. Do we need to change our policy? Need to manage when we create a new domain. Can't be one of our balloted standards if the material is not managed by us.

          3. VOTE: All in favor

            • ACTIONAnne Wizauer to contact CDS Hooks proponents to communicate the motion to reject the publication request until the material is on an HL7 managed site.

  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Review current TSC representation on US Realm Steering Committee
      1. TSC has 4 positions on the USRSC representing each of the steering divisions. The current TSC membership on the committee has not been reviewed for quite a few years. Austin would like to identify a rep from each steering division who is willing to participate. SDs each need to identify an individual; it could be one of the SD cochairs, but it doesn't have to be.
      2. The intent is to review US Realm projects through the lens of the SD they're representing.
      • ACTION: Austin Kreislerwill draft an email template for SDs to use to request US Realm Steering Committee SD participants
    2. Update from US Realm Steering Committee task force
      1. The latest proposal is to stand up a "Large Project WG" that would likely sit under Organizational Support. Jean has drafted a Mission and Charter that is being edited. Paul: They wouldn't be allowed to ballot anything under Organizational Support. Austin: Those issues will be looked at. Jean: The working name right now is Complex Cross Domain Projects WG. 
    3. Review of potential Da Vinci ballots
      1. Reviewed list. Document Template and Rules looks to be most at risk.
    4. Review of draft precept from SGB on ballot comments vs. non-ballot comments:
      • For STU and Informative ballots, as is the case for Normative ballots, all ballot comments must be considered and have a disposition status applied. Comments received through non-ballot processes will be considered at the discretion of the committee.
      • Carry forward
    5. Process for Approving Deviations to Technical Procedures - Issue from GOC
      1. GOC asked for a proposal that Wayne was going to work on. 
      2. Carry forward
    6. Process for communicating WG Mission and Charter review/approval when no updates are made (for WG health purposes)
      1. MOTION that TSC approve the process whereby simply updating the date of the M&C still requires a SD vote: Jean/Melva
        • ACTION: Anne Wizauerto add Mission and Charter motion to this week's e-vote
    7. Withdrawal of IDMP comments
      1. Carry forward



Next Steps

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 2019-02-18 TSC Agenda