During the development of FHIR R5, the Patient administration will be focusing on:
- Moving the Encounter and several Service Provider Directory resources to normative status
- Increase the maturity levels of many of our resources
- Completing the VhDir IG
- Patient Merge/Link directives/best practices
- Better linkages between FM and PA resources (Coverage, Account, ChargeItem, Invoice, ChargeItemDefinition)
- Many other changes/enhancements as requested by the community
"Increasing the FMM status of many of our resources, including moving the Encounter and several service provider directory resources to normative status, improve the linkage between the administrative and financial domains, along with defining the patient merge/link functionality and completing the VhDir Implementation Guide."