Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes 

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-11-12
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin KreislerNote taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD representedyes/no
Chair/CTOArBInternational Affiliate RepAd-Hoc
xAustin KreislerxTony JulianxJean DuteauxJohn Roberts, GOM Expert
xWayne KubickxLorraine ConstablexGiorgio Cangioli.Ken McCaslin
ClinicalInfrastructureAdministrativeOrganizational Support
xMelva Peters.Russ HammxAustin Kreisler.Andy Stechishin
xFloyd EisenbergxPaul KnappxMary Kay McDanielxSandra Stuart
ex officioInvited GuestsObserversHL7 Staff
xCalvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote.
.obs1xAnne Wizauer
.Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote...obs2x

Lynn Laakso

.
.
...

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-11-05 TSC Agenda

  2. Review action items –
    1. Austin to continue to communicate with Dave/Lynn on time limits for withdrawing negatives
    2. Paul to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
    3. Ken McCaslin to work with Lynn to update/modernize the publishing calendar
    4. Anne to work on harvesting email addresses of project leads/publication facilitators for the current cycle's projects, and create a distribution list that also includes cochairs.
    5. Austin to circle back with Publishing cochairs regarding mission and charter updates
    6. Austin to look at simplifying the language of the SAIF statement
    7. Ken and Giorgio to work to revise to reflect how the US Realm/Universal statement fits in to the PSS process and adjust the language.
    8. Add substantive change/management group responsibilities to Product Management Council agenda
    9. Add communicating changes/updates to standards to ARB and Product Management Council agendas
    10. Wayne to ask EST for comment on the SGB tooling precepts/actions for TSC and invite them to join us on an upcoming call (target 2018-11-12)
    11. Paul to ask SOA to clarify balloting/white paper intentions for Health Services Platform Marketplace at Project Insight 1436
    12. Wayne will ask the EC to withdraw the proposed GOM update for section 09.02.07.06, and update the TSC on the decision

  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the US Realm Steering Committee for US FHIR Core Update to FHIR R4 at Project Insight 1372 and TSC Tracker 19616
      1. Referred by ARB:  This PSS is defining domain content, but has no work group co-sponsors.

    2. Updated Ballot Naming/GOM Update Proposal at TSC Tracker 18292
      1. Referred by Giorgio:  I don't remember the rationale for not having anymore the realm designation in the HL7 Ballot Names (as optional info)

    3. TSC Confluence e-Vote Pilot
      1. Referred by Clinical SD: Can it automatically identify the commenter without having to enter our own names? And, can it automatically calculate votes by steering divisions?
      2. Negative vote by Organizational Support

  4. Approval items for this week's call:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for Hl7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 17496
    2. STU Publication Request for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA Supplemental Templates for Unique Device Identifier (UDI) for Implantable Medical Devices, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1279 and TSC Tracker 19636

  5. Approval items for this week's e-vote
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the Clinical SD for Dental Care Coordination at Project Insight 1482
    2. Initial Review of NIBs/Ballot Names
    3. Review/Comment on new Ballot Calendar

  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Recommendation from SGB to reappoint Brett Marquard, Kai Heitmann, and Jean Duteau to the CDA Management Group
    2. Ballot calendar merge team report 
    3. US Realm vs. Universal designations
    4. Update on JIRA ballot plans
    5. Dealing with documents on HL7.org that may be misinterpreted as standards - Wayne

  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Review TSC SWOT
    2. Review WG decision making practices regarding meeting notification timing
    3. ARB to continue to refine what does/doesn't trigger the assessment for HL7 appropriate projects
    4. Archetype publication for CIMI
    5. Withdrawal template/state model proposal by ARB
    6. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR - prioritization of tracker items vs. ballot items in relation to business goals
      1. Added to SGB agenda
    7. WG Health task force
    8. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    9. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    10. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    11. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    12. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    13. Interest/User Groups
      1. Do we need to expand user groups, and need to complete the essentialism exercise to determine where they fit. Wayne notes the Board has no active interest. Keep on list near the bottom
    14. Substantive change/management group responsibilities - management groups were supposed to put in place a step to ensure substantive changes are being correctly identified in relation to the definition that was put forth by SGB/ARB.
      1. Added to Product Management Council issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      1. Lynn here to discuss new calendars
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      1. No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-11-05 TSC Agenda
      1. Minutes accepted via general consent

  2. Review action items –
    1. Austin to continue to communicate with Dave/Lynn on time limits for withdrawing negatives
      1. Carry forward
    2. Paul to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
      1. Carry forward
    3. Ken McCaslin to work with Lynn to update/modernize the publishing calendar
      1. Will be reviewed today
    4. Anne to work on harvesting email addresses of project leads/publication facilitators for the current cycle's projects, and create a distribution list that also includes cochairs.
      1. Complete
    5. Austin to circle back with Publishing cochairs regarding mission and charter updates
      1. Have discussed expanding this to the steering division level - need to reinvigorate the steering division
    6. Austin to look at simplifying the language of the SAIF statement
      1. Carry forward
    7. Ken and Giorgio to work to revise to reflect how the US Realm/Universal statement fits in to the PSS process and adjust the language.
      1. Will be reviewed today
    8. Add substantive change/management group responsibilities to Product Management Council agenda
      1. Complete
    9. Add communicating changes/updates to standards to ARB and Product Management Council agendas
      1. Complete
    10. Wayne to ask EST for comment on the SGB tooling precepts/actions for TSC and invite them to join us on an upcoming call (target 2018-11-12)
      1. Carry forward
    11. Paul to ask SOA to clarify balloting/white paper intentions for Health Services Platform Marketplace at Project Insight 1436
      1. Carry forward
    12. Wayne will ask the EC to withdraw the proposed GOM update for section 09.02.07.06, and update the TSC on the decision
      1. Carry forward

  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the US Realm Steering Committee for US FHIR Core Update to FHIR R4 at Project Insight 1372 and TSC Tracker 19616
      1. Referred by ARB:  This PSS is defining domain content, but has no work group co-sponsors.
        1. Wayne started a dialogue with Ed and Brett about this. With the January ballot, it was done the same way. Difficult to pick a WG for things like Clinical Notes that touches every WG. Lorraine: It's not easy, but we have a commitment to involve the WGs. On this week's US Realm there is a block vote being done, for example. Melva: This would be like CDAMG deciding they are going to publish a bunch of content. Lorraine: Elliot Silver send SGB a note concerned about Argonaut doing things and not involving the domain WGs. Melva: Even the pharmacy content started out in Argonaut and it got so we couldn't change things once it came in. Paul: It gets easy for the work to get right past the WG that has the expertise in the area and we get stuck trying to pull something back that's already gone through our process. Lorraine: Hiring somebody with particular expertise isn't the same as involving the WG. No problem coordinating this within US Realm but not doing the work. Floyd: I thought the idea of US Core was constraining the current resources. Paul: It's constrain and extend. You want to make sure that it's logical work for the resource. Lorraine: US Core is like C-CDA; it will become one of the primary IGs that will affect a large group of our constituency. Lorraine: FMG policy is that the WG that is responsible for the resource needs the opportunity to become a cosponsor or interested party. MK: Under what circumstance would US Realm ever sponsor something themselves? Perhaps they should not be allowed to sponsor. Paul: US Realm shouldn't own it but they can oversee it. The content must be reviewed by the responsible domain committees. Lorraine: If we can be sure of the involvement of the domain committees, it's fine if they're the manager of the project. Need to figure out how to facilitate project teams communicating with the responsible WGs. Paul: If the steering committee is going to manage this like a project, they need to increase the level of engagement. Austin: Do we want them to recruit a WG to be the sponsor? MK: This is a really large project, and we don't offer a lot of support for projects like these. Wayne: It's a question of finding a sponsor or cosponsors that can address the content in the PSS. Floyd: Do we want to create a process step that takes time and effort and an entirely separate review, or do we have consultation? Lorraine: They are developing new stuff that groups haven't talked about.
          1. MOTION that this go back to US Realm with the guidance that US Realm should not be the primary sponsor; this work should be undertaken under the auspices of the appropriate cosponsoring WGs and specifically with the review of the WGs responsible for the resources being profiled: Paul/John
          2. VOTE: All in favor

    2. Updated Ballot Naming/GOM Update Proposal at TSC Tracker 18292
      1. Referred by Giorgio:  I don't remember the rationale for not having anymore the realm designation in the HL7 Ballot Names (as optional info)
        1. Austin: It's because it's redundant - it's there in the specification name.
        2. Next step is this will go to the GOC to have the GOM updated. Lorraine: We should have the same group review what comes back from the GOC to ensure changes haven't been made.

    3. TSC Confluence e-Vote Pilot
      1. Referred by Clinical SD: Can it automatically identify the commenter without having to enter our own names? And, can it automatically calculate votes by steering divisions?
      2. Negative vote by Organizational Support
        1. Decision to do this week's e-vote using the tool.

  4. Approval items for this week's call:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the OO WG of the Administrative SD for Hl7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern at Project Insight 1369 and TSC Tracker 17496
    2. STU Publication Request for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: C-CDA Supplemental Templates for Unique Device Identifier (UDI) for Implantable Medical Devices, Release 1 - US Realm at Project Insight 1279 and TSC Tracker 19636
      1. MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Jean
      2. VOTE: All in favor

  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Recommendation from SGB to reappoint Brett Marquard, Kai Heitmann, and Jean Duteau to the CDA Management Group for an additional two year term
      1. MOTION to reappoint: Lorraine/Calvin
      2. VOTE: All in favor
    2. Ballot calendar merge team report 
      1. Lynn displays new calendars. Discussion over how the new PSS deadlines will be displayed. Everyone loves it.
        1. ACTION: Add review/comment to this week's e-vote
    3. US Realm vs. Universal designations
      1. Carry forward
    4. Update on JIRA ballot plans
      1. Wayne: Still in a holding pattern with a number of bugs only Lloyd can fix. Lorraine: Since we're not ready to even go to internal testing, we've decided that we won't do a real ballot in JIRA in January. We will continue our current test plans. Not enough time for training and testing. FHIR intends to move into using JIRA for tracker comments ahead of using it for ballot. Does that need wider discussion? Need to manage communication with the WGs. Paul: If they want to change it, they should do it after the ballot.
        1. ACTION: Add to parking lot with high priority. Anne/Paul to report back when FMG discusses.
    5. Dealing with documents on HL7.org that may be misinterpreted as standards - Wayne
      1. Carry forward
    6. ACTION: Add Da Vinci update to next week's call

Next Steps

Action items

  • Austin Kreislerto continue to communicate with Dave/Lynn on time limits for withdrawing negatives

  • Paul Knapp to communicate issues identified by TSC on the CIMI Analysis Normal Form (ANF) Project and ask the WG to make updates
  • Austin Kreisler to circle back with Publishing cochairs regarding mission and charter updates
  • Austin Kreisler to look at simplifying the language of the SAIF statement
  • Ken McCaslin and Giorgio Cangioli to work to revise the US Realm/Universal criteria
  • Wayne Kubick to ask EST for comment on the SGB tooling precepts/actions for TSC and invite them to join us on an upcoming call
  • Wayne Kubick will ask the EC to withdraw the proposed GOM update for section 09.02.07.06, and update the TSC on their decision
  • Anne Wizauer and Paul Knapp to report back when FMG discusses JIRA ballot plans

  • Austin Kreisler will update documentation on US Realm vs. Universal and add topic to US Realm, International Council and WGM agenda 

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items