Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date: 2023-03-14  

Facilitator:  @

Note Taker: @ 





Mayo Clinic

Nick Radov Co-chair

United Healthcare

Isaac Vetter  Co-chair




Nuance Communications



David QuiEpic


Nuance Communications

Vernetzt, LLC


Create Decision from template

ANSI Anti-Trust Policy:

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Decision Link(if not child)
ManagementQuorum reached (co-chair + 2) Yes/NoYes
Management Minute ApprovalApproved

Isaac's outage: 3/16 - 4/10. 

Bas': FHIR-37120 - additional calls continuing

From: Martin, Eric <>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2023 4:54 PM
To: Isaac Vetter <>
Subject: JIRA Tickets that I Have Reviewed

with recommendations:

JIRAs that should be noted as resolved:


30210 (Triaged/Unresolved): '-' allowed to be present

36908 (Submitted/Unresolved): Normative/Informative stuff that has been addressed by Section 2 and 3 being normative and the rest informative

JIRAs that should now be moved to "Triaged" (at least)


36790 (Submitted/Unresolved): DxReport-update example - Eric to review current text and update if necessary (comment already entered)

36791 (Submitted/Unresolved): Anchor context information be updated - Eric to review current text and update if necessary (comment already entered)

36792 (Submitted/Unresolved): DR-select no selecting DR - Comment entered recommend Not persuasive with no modification

36793 (Submitted/Unresolved): Addressed other than close - comment entered, need to decide if close events should have all context resources

36841 (Submitted/Unresolved): Multi-tab after close of current - speaks also to the question of Kinson on close (comment already entered)

36890 (Submitted/Unresolved): GetCurrentContext is not required - it is noted as optional, several implementations depend on the operation (comment entered)

36892 (Submitted/Unresolved): Context establishment versus Content sharing made more explicit - comment entered

36903 (Submitted/Unresolved): History link broken - comment entered

36910 (Submitted/Unresolved): Persistent pre-existing across systems - comment entered

36912 (Submitted/Unresolved): Relationship to FHIR Messaging - comment entered

JIRAs that require action should also be set to "Triaged"


36725 (Triaged/Unresolved): Resource profiles - Eric to Redo Previous PR390 as needed (Bas already added several) includes context resources

36768 (Submitted/Unresolved): Bundle only single entry for a given resource - Eric to review current wording and adjust if needed

36851 (Submitted/Unresolved): specify id must always be present - may be handled with the PUT comment but should be sure and also deal with in 36725

36895 (Submitted/Unresolved): multiple extensions - who can address this to get it to triaged?

36911 (Submitted/Unresolved): create *-update with content provided by reference - Eric to do so

JIRAs that are already closed or should be closed?


30211 (Triaged/Persuasive with Modification): Channel column on subscription
Resolved, specification was already updated

36076 (Triaged/Retracted): Name of keys
Discussed but resolution remains pending.

36082 (Waiting for Input/Not Persuasive with Modification): Key names and resource references
Reviewed with PR available for review:

36731 (Triaged/Persuasive with Modification): MS
Resolved: PR is pending

36904 (Submitted/Unresolved): CI build stuff
Reviewed and agreed will turn into an informational site for events, status, links to the current standard, etc.

36909 (Submitted/Unresolved): Improve glossary definitions - PR#475 created




    • Applications mustn't receive information for which they are not authorized. It's incumbent upon the Hub to enforce authorization. 
      • For example, a subscriber without authorization to access Observation resources, shouldn't receive Observations as part of a DxReport-update event.
      • This is interestingly mitigated because FHIRcast's typical use-case is that the same user is using the various apps. 


Management Next agenda

 Adjourned at

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval
FHIRCast Jira not done

T Key Summary Assignee Reporter P Status Resolution Created Updated Due

Action items