Chair:  Christol Green 

Scribe: Robin Isgett  

Antitrust Statement

Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict 
scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote 
fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their 
enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is 
responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of 
the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).

NOTE: This attendance applies if you are present at the related meeting/call, regardless if you have signed a different attendance for your WG. 


Minutes Approved as Presented 

Meeting Info:

Meeting Info:

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 863 2936 8661

Password: 288119

One tap mobile

Agenda Topics

Agenda Outline

Agenda Item

Meeting Minutes from Discussion

Decision Link(if not child)

Review HL7 Anti-Trust Policy

HL7 code of conduct:

Christol read Antitrust Statement.
Management Minutes Approval 7/26/22

Minutes approved by consensus.


New Proposals and PSS for review - PIE comments or interest

The Project Proposal and PSS tabs were not working as they normally would.  May have been some changes.  Co-chair will look into it before next meeting.



ANSI Standards approaching expiration

STUs Expiring in the Next 6 Months

Co-Chairs reviewed and did not find any PIE WG impact.
Russ/GregDental updatesSusan stated that the last call was about the Connectathon and finding participants.  Christol demonstrated how to check for upcoming calls on  Greg stated that 
CDexReview updates and flows for RFIA Payer request to Provider

Reviewed Requesting Attachments and started comments for September ballot.

X12 277 RFI (spell out RFI)

Use of "attachments" and suggested changing to "supporting or additional documentation" throughout.

Remove HIPAA Attachment.

Rule 5.3.2 -  Update X12.  Change compliant with to compatible.

5.3.3 - Change $submit-atgit tachment to $submit-attachment

5.3.4 - Looks OK.

5.3.5 - Change "attachments" to "supporting or additional documentation".  Add RFI to 277.  Last box in diagram "review claim and....Continue from here on next call.

Management Next agenda

Continue review of CDex IG starting at 5.3.5.

Continue to review draft agenda for WG meeting in September.  Need to coordinate with FM regarding any joint sessions.   It was noted that several people will be at X12 conference that is being held at the same time as HL7.  It was also noted that in the FM call, Bob Deiterle asked for suggestions on how to make the HL7 Connectathons better.

Open Floor
Two people are interested in the interim co-chair position vacated by Alberto Llanes.  Peter Gunter and Chris Johnson will send an E-mail to Christol/Durwin with their profile information.
 Adjourned at 3:29 PM EST

Supporting Documents

Outline Reference

Supporting Document

Minute Approval