There is a known issue with creating pages in Confluence. If you are unable to create a page while logged into Confluence, please use the tri-menu on the top left and go to JIRA. Log into JIRA, then use the tri-menu to come back to Confluence. You should now be able to create your page. This issue is open with Atlassian. Please verify your bookmarks and URLs do NOT include the 8090 port number. This is the first response from Atlassian. -DJ
Welcome to the Confluence Pages of Health Level 7 (HL7) International
This is the Main Page of the HL7 Confluence environment, hosted by HL7 International, Inc. The primary public website of the HL7 International organization is www.hl7.org. See the Welcome to Confluence pages and Help (top right) for general information about editing Confluence pages, subject to the HL7 JIRA/Confluence Acceptable Use Policy. In order to use this environment, please create a user account (see below). Use of this environment is open to all participants; and is, therefore, not restricted to only Active HL7 Members. To access information in this system about HL7 activities, work groups and projects, either use the index page for HL7 Work Groups and Projects or use the search option. For Issues or Questions regarding these environments or their configuration, please log a JIRA ticket or contact our webmaster@HL7.org. Please use confluence.hl7.org to access this site.
Founded in 1987, Health Level Seven International (HL7) is a not-for-profit, ANSI-accredited standards developing organization dedicated to providing a comprehensive framework and related standards for the exchange, integration, sharing, and retrieval of electronic health information that supports clinical practice and the management, delivery and evaluation of health services. HL7 is supported by more than 1,600 members from over 50 countries, including 500+ corporate members representing healthcare providers, government stakeholders, payers, pharmaceutical companies, vendors/suppliers, and consulting firms.
HL7 Work Groups use this Atlassian tool to collaborate during the development and maintenance of Healthcare Interoperability Standards, Electronic Health Record functional models and profiles and other standards products. For more information about the roll-out of Confluence for usage, see the HL7 JIRACon project space/page.
How to create an account on JIRA & Confluence for HL7 participants
To create an account for JIRA and Confluence, you must begin with account creation on JIRA.
Account creation on JIRA
On the right side of you screen, select "Sign up for an account"
- Complete the "Sign up" form and click the "Sign up" button at the bottom of the page to submit the form. For your username, please use the format "(given name).(family name)". For example, "marie.curie" or "albert.einstein".
- You will receive and email confirming your account creation (sent to the email account you provided during account sign up).
- On the Confirmation screen, you can now proceed to log in. Select the "Click here to log in" button to log into JIRA.
- On the Welcome to JIRA screen, enter in the username and password you provided in Step 3.
- Log a JIRA ticket and Assign to DJ or Patrick to add your account to the appropriate groups.
- The following screens will walk you through an introduction to JIRA and setting up your account. Including:
- Language selection:
- Avatar setup:
- And your introductory startup screen:
- Language selection:
Account creation on Confluence
Once you have successfully created an account on JIRA, you should be able to now log into Confluence* using the same account credentials used in Step 3 above.
To access you Confluence account:
- Click the menu option to the left of the JIRA logo at the top of your screen and select "Confluence" from the dropdown.
- If prompted to log in, please provide the same login credentials you used when creating your JIRA account.
- You will be provided with several introductory screens, including:
- An introductory video:
- Setting up your avatar:
- And prompts to watch various "spaces":
- An introductory video:
4. Select Finish.
5. Finally, your account needs to be added to appropriate groups which control permissions. Please send email to webmaster@hl7,org indicating which work groups you're participating with during this Working Group Meeting or create a JIRA issue. Once your account is updated (which should occur within a day of your email or JIRA issue), please enjoy your new Confluence and JIRA accounts! We look forward to your contributions to HL7!