|Event URL||(This Page!) |
|Location||Virtual & time zone home: Lübeck, DE|
|Registration||No registration fee for participants|
3rd SDC/SDPi PAT will focus on validating the proposed SDPi-P profile transactions and the message sequences and content that will be captured in the IHE SDPi Supplement document.
NOTE: Subsequent PAT events are notionally planned for every-other month.
To get more information about the event, contact:
David Gregorczyk / OR.NET
(Yes - actual picture from the 3rd IHE DE Plug-a-thon Event!)
This OR.NET sponsored, held in conjunction with IHE Germany / Devices Domain, is the second plug-a-thon event that builds on the SDC implementer community that has actively participated in ISO/IEEE 11073 SDC standards development, prototyping and demonstration events over the last 10-15 years, and is now beginning to help advance the definition and implementation of the IHE Service-oriented Device Point-of-care Interoperability (SDPi) profiles. This event provides an excellent opportunity to both learn and kick the tires of the SDC device-to-device interoperability
PAT #3 Objectives
This third PAT event will build upon the previous two plug-a-thons ...
PAT #1 established the SDC-ready virtual infrastructure to accomplish hybrid in-person + remote testing
PAT #2 established test sequences for bringing up a system of SDC participants
Now this PAT #3 will focus on the transactions proposed for the IHE SDPi profiles, starting with the SDPi-P (Plug-and-trust) profile and as a stretch goal, the SDPi-R (Reporting) profile. The intent is to both validate that the actor & transaction model crafted in 2020 and contained in the current draft of the profile supplement, best meets the requirements for the profiles + to capture the MDPWS message sequences, content and examples for each transaction. The output of this PAT will hopefully be updated (if needed) transaction models (e.g., in Plant UML) for SDPi Supplement TF-1 & TF-2, TF-2 Appendix MDPWS specification detail, and TF-3 BICEPS content modules that might be used in the testing scripts (e.g., for device specializations). Additional, test script development and related tooling should be discussed and subsequent PAT events planned.
Possible discussion around the use of a "docker" based approach that would enable standalone system testing supporting PRE PAT/CAT testing (See PAT#2 discussions)
The long range goal is to lay the foundation for an initial IHE vCAT late 2021 for the SDPi profiles.
If you have not already ...
#1 Contact David Gregorczyk as soon as possible to get information on joining the event.
#2 Join FREE! HL7 Confluence - just select the "Request an Account" button. This will allow you to contribute and better participate in the event content captured on these pages.
#3 ISO/IEEE 11073 SDC & IHE SDPi Supplement Introduction
To prepare for this event, participants who are just getting started with SDC/SDPi should consult the various background materials, including those from the 1st IHE DE PAT presentation, and those available in these Gemini SES MDI confluence pages and the related IEEE 11073 SDC Subgroup pages (ask if you don't have access).
For those that this PAT is "not their first rodeo" ...
- Review the draft models at SDPi Technical Framework Models (though these may be somewhat updated for the most recent SDPi Supplement document)
- <Todd Cooper provide an updated PAT #3 specific PowerPoint presentation that has the latest transactions and message sequences, building on the 2020-10 PAT overview & subsequent iterations >
#4 PAT Use Case Narratives
This PAT event does not focus on specific use cases, though the key ones being advanced by the SDC/SDPi+FHIR group include: Endoscopic Surgery, Silent PoC and Isolation PoC. Taking a look at those may help with application context.
#5 Show up with your stuff!
Given the focus of this PAT event: basic test sequences for establishing SOMDS Participant connectivity (discovery, security, reporting, external control, etc.)
Participants are expected to bring a variety of SDC Participant systems based on different implementation technologies, including Python, Java, C++. .NET Core. So it should be a relatively heterogenous environment, with both SERVICE CONSUMER and SERVICE PROVIDER systems.
Note this section is to be used during the PAT event to capture discussion.
Day 1 Schedule
Get Together @MS Teams: (as provided per invitation)
Review SDPi-P Transaction Background & Participant System Test Planning
Test SDPi-P Transactions Testing, Messaging Sequencing & Example Capture
|16:00-17:00||Wrap up Day 1|
Day 2 Schedule
|09:00-09:30||Get Together @MS Teams: (as provided per invitation)|
Test SDPi-P Transactions Testing, Message Sequencing & Content & Example Capture
PAT Topic Discussion: <TBD - "Path to 2021 IHE vCAT for SDPi" or "Path to CAT-ready Test Scripts & Tooling">
|17:00||Wrap up Day 2 & PAT|
|Name||Day #1||Day #2||Organization|
|David Gregorczyk||x||x||Drägerwerk AG, OR.NET e.V.|
|Martin Kasparick||x||x||University of Rostock, IMD|
|x||Drägerwerk AG||Tobias Klotz|
|Fabian Baumeister||x||x||SurgiTAIX AGemail@example.com|
|Ghaith Al Hares||x||x||SurgiTAIX AGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dominik Stegemann||x||x||SurgiTAIX AGemail@example.com|
|Marcus Köny||x||x||steute Technologies, Ilara|
|Thomas Pils||x||Vector Informatik GmbH|
ICCAS, University of Leipzig
|Lukas Deichmann||x||x||Drägerwerk AG|
|Bernd Deichmann||x||x||Drägerwerk AG|
|Pascal Burek||x||x||Vector Informatik GmbH|
|Daniel Haas||x||x||Vector Informatik GmbH|
|Dario Wieschebrok||x||OR.NET e.V.|
Discussions / Activities
SDPi-Plug-n-trust Transaction Validation & Message Capture
Basically covered by informal test steps 1 and 2 - see interoperability matrix to check which tests got covered by which implementations
Stretch Goal: SDPi-Reporting Transaction Validation & Message Capture
Basically covered by informal test steps 3, 4, 7 and 8 - see interoperability matrix to check which tests got covered by which implementations
SDPi PAT Takeaways
- "Vector Informatik GmbH" participated the first time, using the SDCLib/C implementation
- A new confluence page was set up to support the onboarding and introduce test constraints and sequences: Test Sequences
- With progression on the interoperability matrix, the need for a more specific test specification comes up. A sophisticated test sequence will faciliate the mapping to SDCPi transactions, for which we still need to figure out the details
- SDCcc, which is a modular SDC conformity test tool, can potentially serve as tool to verify conformance to transactions, however:
- SDCcc hasn't been published under any license yet and hence is not available to the public (work in progress)
- It is currently not possible to test providers against consumers (not implemented yet)
- It requires extra effort to build in SDPi transaction tests as so far only MDPWS, BICEPS and Glue requirements are tested with no regard of transactional behaviour. SDCcc provides a plugin-based approach to append further tests but those aren't existing today.
- Proposal (extra effort required as well):
- Thin provider and consumer that implement SDPi transactions and generate test result files
- A docker base container was created that establishes a VPN connection to the OR.NET VPN
- The docker container can be used as a starting point for docker containers that run specific test consumers and providers
Day #2 Debrief Discussion Notes
- Topic: Next meeting
- The next SDC / SDPi PAT #4 will be conducted on 2021-08-04/05. Please contact David Gregorczykfor registration.
Summary of action Items / Tasks from the two days...
- For the next PAT, Marcus Koeny will provide a hands-on slideset how to use the VPN-featured docker container
Materials for the Archive
Attach or link materials to be persisted from the PAT event, including
- <TBD Updated Transaction / WS* message sequence models ... e.g., in PlantUML ... for TF1 & TF2>
- <TBD Captured message examples to be included in TF-2 Appendix A>
NOTE: These materials will also be captured and publicly available in the IHE sdpi+fhir Github repository under a new "events" folder.