HL7 Antitrust Policy
Professional Associations, such as HL7, which bring together competing entities are subject to strict scrutiny under applicable antitrust laws. HL7 recognizes that the antitrust laws were enacted to promote fairness in competition and, as such, supports laws against monopoly and restraints of trade and their enforcement. Each individual participating in HL7 meetings and conferences, regardless of venue, is responsible for knowing the contents of and adhering to the HL7 Antitrust Policy as stated in §05.01 of the Governance and Operations Manual (GOM).
Please include your organization in your Zoom name.
- Click on your picture/name in Zoom
- Click on rename
- enter <name> - <organization>
|Danielle Bancroft||Best Practice Software|
|Melva Peters||Jenaker Consulting||x|
|Jean Duteau (Chair)||Duteau Design||x|
|John Hatem (Scribe)||Independent Consultant||x|
|Scott Robertson||Kaiser Permanente||x|
|Christof Gessner||HL7 Germany|
Joseph Quinn (Joe)
|Lawrence Lo||Columbia University HIT Student|
|Peter Sergent||HL7 New Zealand|
|Reed D. Gelzer||Trustworthy EHR|
|Shelly Spiro||Pharmacy HIT Collaborative||x|
|Kim Roberts||Pharmacy HIT Collaborative||x|
|Kent Bulza||Well Health|
|Courtney Bland||CVS / Aetna|
|Sanket Raval||CVS / Aetna|
Agenda Items and Notes
Outstanding Action Item List
Meeting Notes from previous meeting
- 2022-08-08 Agenda/Meeting Notes - - accepted by general consent
- Project Proposals in Review - none to review
Project Scope Statements
- Project Scope Statements - none to review
External Meeting Review
Catalog Updates (John Hatem)
- - no meeting - no updates this week
Workflow Update (John Hatem)
- - Discussed Example Scenario updates to definitions and other changes. No direct pharmacy impact.
- Also Contract resource scenarios discussed by Kathleen.
Healthcare Product Update (John Hatem)
- - Plan for updating trackers discussed; WGM agenda discussed
- various trackers reviewed - see HCP minutes for specifics: BDP, Device
- Product pattern tracker passed - FHIR-24643, two other trackers related, one is a duplicate: 14746, the other tracker is related but is focused on a "pattern" for queries - see 35874
EHR conformant reconciled medication list (cRML) (Scott Robertson / John Hatem)
- HL7 EHR WG/Reducing Clinician Burden
- Related Meeting Schedule https://confluence.hl7.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=104568480#ReducingClinicianBurden(RCB)-HL7EHRWG/ReducingClinicianBurdenRelatedMeetingSchedule every other week starting on July 14 https://meet.goto.com/645768157
- - no updates - need info on whether any future meetings will be held.
- - no update. General discussion is that Pharmacy will send someone to the next EHR meeting to find out the current status of this type of work; John H volunteered to attend.
NCPDP Updates (NCPDP Members)
All NCPDP Meeting information can be obtained at https://dms.ncpdp.org/
WG18 Patient Consent TG:
- specification is in the ballot for September
- ballot comments to be reviewed
PDex Formulary (Corey)
- Publication Request - approved by eVote
- - will remove this topic from next week's minutes; will be added in as needed for a future meeting.
Pharmacist Consult Note (Scott)
- Ballot content approved and content submitted
- - no updates
Trackers - link to pharmacy unresolved Jira trackers (see trackers for details / resolutions)
- Adherence: Scott and Jean D will discuss narrative for this work.
- Waste: Scott has received some feedback he will bring that work to Pharmacy WG in the future. A suggestion was made to bring this as a topic for the WGM.
Any Other Business:
- Shelly raised an issue related to the USCDI version 3 work - they are missing "directions for use".
- Jean provided a brief overview of the work and links - there may be some downstream work related to any updates to US Core Pharmacy content. Expect they will reach out to Pharmacy as needed.
- Margaret reported she will be discussing ePrescribing with the USCDI folks this week.