|TSMG Standing Subcommittee Updates|
- May Connectathon Management
- Terminology Services track offerings
- Office Hours Experts: Reuben, Rob M
- Review tracks: develop Code Map testing stories, follow-up with Aegis?
- Minimum Server requirements should be a track
- Terminology representation syntax: TQL, ECL... topic?
- OMOP + FHIR harmonization
- Naming to change: "collaborative" or "initiative"
- URI for OMOP Vocabulary
| HL7 Terminology Authority||10|
- Meeting this week: 10Mar22
- Gender Harmony: V2 tables in publication
- THO is the source of truth now or not?
- When will the V2 management be ready to switch over?
- MF: currently working on porting the information out of the V2 UTG GitHub repo. Q: is this a full compliment of info - note that there is some information that appears to be missing. MF: will take responsibility to assuring the V2 information is up to date.
- CM to JB: gather THO examples to support this discussion with V2MG, work with MF to ensure the available content supports assertions / concerns re: THO being the source of truth, and socialize both the THO solutions as well as the concerns expressed by the V2 community. Close any gaps between these perspectives. MF: this is still in process: JB will be sending this material over to Michael
- V3-based metadata record for SNOMED CT international edition is not utilizing the correct url: https://terminology.hl7.org/CodeSystem-v3-snomed-CT.html is for SNOMED CT, not the international edition. It needs the international elements et al in addition to this base URL. There is a Zulip chat topic on this issue here. What is of issue is the THO doesn't reflect the correct international edition URI: http://snomed.info/sct/900000000000207008 Of additional issue is if there are any additional realm-specific resources we could create metadata resources that would include examples of these editions such as the Canadian edition here.
- Summary from previous discussion
- IG publishers look at the THO records when creating IGs and would see this URL for validation (which is incorrect as it lacks the codesystem.version for SNOMED US Edition)
- BR: Solution might include a record indicating the record is to indicate this is how SNOMED is referenced in the publishing tooling and not to be used as a code system identifier. Leave the THO version and then create a SNOMED family of identifiers.
- RM: Issue with this solution is that any instances will not be able to be validated against records that use this approach, would mean there's a special code for SNOMED
- PJ: Already tricky because there's an implicit requirement to validate codes against editions and versions already
- THO subcommittee needs to develop a policy of what a version of an edition needs to look like.
- Also follow-up with a FHIR-I ticket to address the SNOMED CT special case needs
| HL7 Terminology / Unified Terminology Governance (THO/UTG)||10||RD/JB|
- Scheduling call following DST change
- THO release schedule
- Need feedback from TSC/HQ
- Info sent to Rob and Bryn and will be passed along to TSC
- Adding CDA Value Sets missing from THO (
- These Value Sets can be build from the V3 code system representing the V3 concept domains: https://terminology.hl7.org/CodeSystem-conceptdomains.html (some changes will be required)
- Will collaborate with Jess, Lisa, Marc, Rob H and others (including Rob M) to get this task done. Ted has more info on missing attributes.
- Call for UTG OSG Voters
- Email sent 3/8 to Management Groups for Product Family OSGs
- Asked for responses by 3/31 - none recieved received yet
- Ask Rob and Peter for help recruiting for Realm-Based OSG
- Decide if all Vocab/TSMG members should be in the Vocab OSG (IF they are not assigned another OSG)
- Vocab WG follow-up: Policy Requiring Identification of Stewards for HL7 (Internal) Code Systems
- In Vocab WG - Motion passed: Vocab WG recommends that TSMG implement a rule stating that:
Every HL7 code system in THO must have a steward WG. The steward WG has to be one of the WGs that are authorized to propose making changes to an HL7 code system in THO.
- THO/UTG Subcommittee referenced https://build.fhir.org/codesystem-definitions.html#CodeSystem.publisher and propose that the Steward is defined as:
- The WG responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the code system (not to be confused with Publisher who makes the content available)
- This implies that the WG has the domain expertise/knowledge related to the code system
- The primary point of contact for questions or issues with the code system
- FYI: Vocab added an extension for steward, there is a proposal to update the definition of publisher (which was intended to represent steward) and remove the extension
- The current cardinality of publisher is 0...1, and there are a couple code systems with two Steward values
- Michael Faughn performed analysis on the number of code systems without a Steward value
- Out of 797 code systems, 236 do not have a Steward value
- Subcommittee believes a possible solution is to assign codes systems without a Steward to Vocab
- Code system Stewards could be updated as a new Steward is identified (i.e. when someone brings up a UTG change proposal to Vocab for approval)
- Status updates
- Sprint 2 of UTG Jira development items with a focus on release tracking in progress
- Finalized release tracking requirements
|Technical Steering Committee (TSC) matters||10||RM|
- Decision Making Practices