Versions Compared

Key

  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.

...

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to approve agenda: Hans/John
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2020-09-30 FMG Agenda/Minutes
    • MOTION to approve: John/Hans
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action items
    • Reviewed
  • Review Items
    • Making EHR Data More Available for Research and Public Health (MedMorph) Reference Architecture IG Proposal 

      • Dragon here to present the proposal.
      • Code would be medmorph-ra
      • Grahame: The word MedMorph is the name of an existing community, correct? Maria Michaels states it's the name of the project. Grahame would like the short description to describe that the IG supports a particular community. Maria: We do intend for it to be broadly applicable beyond a particular community. Lloyd: You could put the full extension of the acronym in the short description. Discussion over the use of "reference architecture" vs. "implementation guide" in the descriptions.  Should update at least a few of them to say implementation guide. The name and code of the IG need to be more specific if there are future IGs planned that are related to this one.  
        • MOTION to approve with requested updates: Brian Pech/Hans
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • COVID 19 FHIR Profile Library IG

      • Susan here to represent the project.
      • This project will develop or reference a library of profiles that can be used for COVID purposes.
      • Should clarify that this covers patient data profiles to differentiate from SANER.  Suggestion to call the project COVID 19 FHIR Clinical Profile Library IG. 
      • Need to replace current repository link with HL7 managed platform link
      • Need to reflect that the content was externally developed by Logica; will need ARB approval
        • MOTION to approve with the agreed name change: Paul/Brian Post
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • Change in curating WG for NamingSystem Resource from FHIR-I to Vocabulary WG
      • MOTION to approve the change: Hans/Paul
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Final review of Must Support letter - US Realm approved yesterday
      • MnM also provided feedback that they're okay with it
      • There are a few small changes pending to the last sentence of the third paragraph -that will be finalized by Wayne/Grahame. 
      • Lloyd is concerned about the last part of the 4th paragraph. Hans suggests adding that current tooling and methodology will not recognize those other reference choices. Grahame would like to see it added in the third bullet point, that irrespective of intention, all the tooling follows the documentation of the base standard and does not allow these other references. Lloyd agrees. Hans will update.
      • Hans will update and send to Grahame for review 
    • QA things that we need to tighten up (standing item)
      • Discussion on Patterns after MnM tightens things up
    • Survey on implementations and awareness
      • David shares survey. 
      • Discussion over making the versions mutually exclusive. David states we could make it any or all so people don't have to add multiple lines.
      • Grahame: As a survey, anyone can come in and enter data any number of times. Are we concerned about the ability to do that? Lloyd suggests making email required. Should explain to them the circumstances under which we might contact them.
        •  Grahame Grieve will draft a privacy policy to accompany the implementations and awareness survey.
      • David will make updates and post to FMG chat.
      • Discussion over reporting results. 
      • Brian Post notes that you can't revise your responses. David will update to add that function. Discussion over what happens if they want to make changes. Need to keep a limit on complexity. They could cancel it and do a new one. Or could enter name or email to update.
  • ReportsAOB (Any Other Business)
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Will need to set deadline for proposals.
    • SGB –
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons –
  • Process management
      • No report
    • MnM –
      • MnM talked about quality measures and how to better handle that process without overwhelming people while exposing more transparency in the process. Landed on a JIRA tracker item for some enhancements for the core and IG publisher tooling. If FMM3 or above, the header would indicate that it asserts conformance to the quality criteria with a link to those criteria. Will also have an extension so people can capture metadata on implementations inside their artifacts. Could then move away the spreadsheet that we have. Everything would be surfaced within the resources themselves. Would stop having the cochairs click the checkboxes saying they've done the quality checks - would capture their assertion of FMM level and their info about implementations within the resource. If we want to capture other information from the spreadsheet, we could add it. Grahame is concerned about adding info about implementations within the specification itself. Lloyd: It's about implementation of the artifacts. Lloyd states it could introduce a new level of accountability. Grahame: Moving the record keeping into extensions raises new issues. Lloyd: The intention was to reduce the amount of information being captured. Grahame: We could reduce the amount of data collected in the spreadsheet. Lloyd: How are we going to have a shared google spreadsheet that anyone can go look at the applies to every IG out there? It makes sense to capture information about the artifact in the artifact. Putting it somewhere else creates administrative pain.
        • Carry forward discussion to next week
  • Adjourned at 5:33 pm Eastern