FHIR4FAIR Implementation Guide aiming to:
1) Identify how HL7 FHIR standard fulfills data FAIRness maturity indicators
a) analyze the relationship between FAIR data object conceptual components (e.g. data, metadata, provenance, identifiers) and HL7 FHIR resources
b) analyze how RDA FAIR Maturity indicators are supported by specific HL7 FHIR resources
c) analyze how RDA Reproducible Health Data Services recommendations can be supported by HL7 FHIR
d) identify a minimum set of metadata to be fulfilled for specific sets of RDA FAIRness maturity indicators extended of health-related research data sets.
2) Suggest an assessment methodology/checklist, exploring machine-readable and manual assessment methods.
This guide should contain a large informative part explaining and a set of FHIR conformance resources and examples that provide, for selected case(s), a practical example of how FAIRness can be realized and assessed by using HL7 FHIR.
This project is intended to be the result of an active collaboration between RDA and HL7, the plan is to consult the Health care communities to comment and endorse the resulting HL7 FHIR IG taking into account relevant RDA group input.
The project will provide guidance on supporting FAIRness by using HL7 and specifically:
- Facilitate the collaboration between the FAIR and the FHIR communities
- Enable a cooperative usage of the FHIR and FAIR paradigms.
- Support the health data FAIRness assessment by using HL7 FHIR conformance resources.
- Develop a HL7 FHIR Implementation guide - called FHIR4FAIR FHIR IG - providing guidance on how HL7 FHIR can be used for supporting FAIR health data implementation and assessment
more details in the FAIRness for FHIR Project Scope Statement
Project Scope Statement (Draft)
- 2021 January connectathon: FAIR track proposal
Recently Updated Pages